Alan Pardew

JH

Guest thefishman

I smell a rat! Why are the bookies even taking bets on pardew knowing they will lose a lot of money? Surely they would stop all betting if it was 100% as most outlets are saying it is?

I smell a rat! Why are the bookies even taking bets on pardew knowing they will lose a lot of money? Surely they would stop all betting if it was 100% as most outlets are saying it is?

Because the losses they'll make is minimal and there'll still be people that react to stories like the Klinsmann thing giving them more cash.

Can see his deal just being a short term one, probably until the end of the season. Still a worse decision than appointing Kinnear. Hughton would have at least done aswell as Pardew will.

Out of interest, why do you think it will be temporary?

Fools hope. Ashley is normally protective of money if nothing else. Although he is stubborn as a mule, he surely can't be blind to the public and media outcry not only at Hughton's sacking but Pardew's appointment. Makes no sense to be laying down a long term contract on someone barely more experienced than Hughton, but little Ashley does makes any sense.

They did also initially mention a transitional arrangement after Hughton's sacking (Beardsley probably, but I can hope).

Above all else he knows not to tie down managers for long term deals, he has already been burned. It would have to be someone incredibly reliable and talented to offer said 5 year contract. More than likely Ashley will have the contract rolling on a yearly basis.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not Shearer's bar today?

He started off there, but I think the amount of hot air his been shitting out of his mouth all day has slowly pushed him down the icy road.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye.

His sources, SKY sources, AP sources - never Newcastle Sources though. He's got the easiest job in the world. Stand and talk crap without actually confirming or denying anything is going on. Genius.

Guest TrueToon

Is the no we we can stop this from happening? Like can we not physically prevent Pardrew from signing a contract, just litteraly stand at the doors with a broom and fend him off or something?

I can think of alot better instruments for this sort of situation  :knuppel2:

Is the no we we can stop this from happening? Like can we not physically prevent Pardrew from signing a contract, just litteraly stand at the doors with a broom and fend him off or something?

I can think of alot better instruments for this sort of situation :-)

Viola?

Guest TrueToon

I can think of alot better instruments for this sort of situation :-)

Viola?

Exactly  O0

Guest Heneage

Aye.

His sources, SKY sources, AP sources - never Newcastle Sources though. He's got the easiest job in the world. Stand and talk crap without actually confirming or denying anything is going on. Genius.

He's not as bad as you think he gets some things spot on.

Dig a trench round SJP. Pardew, Ashley, Llambias etc, can go dance with the crocs.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye.

Its hard not to when you cover every single angle without actually putting any faith behind any of them.

Pardew could be manager, but you can't rule out someone else!

You should expect a manager by Wednesday, or Thursday, if not Friday... certainly before the weekend, but if not there will be a Caretaker.

Aye.

Its hard not to when you cover every single angle without actually putting any faith behind any of them.

Pardew could be manager, but you can't rule out someone else!

You should expect a manager by Wednesday, or Thursday, if not Friday... certainly before the weekend, but if not there will be a Caretaker.

:lol: so true