The Views Of Pardews Former Fans

Elliottman

Should include Charlton fans in this too, I work with a few of them and they think he's hopeless!

Its welll known that Charlton fans Hate Pardew, Its only because he is not Alan Curbishley!

And here was I thinking it was because he got them relegated from Premiership, then left them dead bottom of the Championship?

Charlton were on 12 points from 19 games with a -20 goal difference when Pardew came in.  He got them 22 points from the next 19 games, really don't think he could be blamed for sending them down like.

And yet he left West Ham with 11 points from 17 games and they stayed up.

A West Ham fan who I work with says he was ok at WHU but got too close to the players, even bought one a Ferrari. Also went out on the lash with them, look forward to see him in the papers with Carroll and Nolan in Tiger Tiger.

I'm hoping he's learned from the way he acted off the pitch in the past. If he has, then we might have an alright manager on our hands (albeit one who is probably a bit of a puppet of our shite owner).

A West Ham fan who I work with says he was ok at WHU but got too close to the players, even bought one a Ferrari. Also went out on the lash with them, look forward to see him in the papers with Carroll and Nolan in Tiger Tiger.

isn't that an apparent criticism of hughton by the board that hes too close to the players

isn't that an apparent criticism of hughton by the board that hes too close to the players

But he's not close enough to them either. They're just jealous. By the end of the season you'll see all of them out together. Pardew will attempt to be the mediator when Tiote nuts Llambias. After he's back from doing Nolan's missus in the toilets, ofc.

Guest TheSummerOf69

From the Charlton fans forum

(http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=38265&page=3):

Report Card : Alan Pardew.

97-98 C Caretaker manager of reading for 7 days Reading (tier 2) are relegated.

99-00 C- Reading 10th (tier 3). Having taken over as manager in September Alan only managed to get Reading, a recent tier 2 team with strong financial backing, up to 10th in the table.

00-01 C+ Reading 4th (tier 3) play off defeat. Again Alan cannot achieve promotion for Reading despite the large funds (in relation to most tier 3 teams) at his disposal.

01-02 B Reading 2nd (tier 3). At the third attempt Alan manages to get Reading back into the division where he first managed them, albeit he only scraped to automatic promotion by 1 point over 2 other teams with smaller budgets.

02-03 B Reading 4th (tier 2) play off defeat. For the first time in his management career Alan gets his team slightly above where his budget would place him.

03-04 D- West Ham 4th (tier 2) play off defeat. Despite having a budget that dwarfed every other team in the division, Alan can only manage 4th and fails to achieve the minimum requirement for a team of this size of promotion.

04-05 C+ West Ham 6th (tier 2) Play off victory. The huge funds available at West Ham produces an even worse league position (worthy of an E) however this is somewhat salvaged by the play off victory thus achieving West Ham’s minimum requirement.

05-06 B+ West Ham 9th (tier 1). For the second, and only other, time in his whole career Alan manages to place his team slightly above his budget.

06-07 F West Ham 20th (tier 1)(Sacked). Worst run of defeats for 70 year for West Ham.

F Charlton 19th (tier 1)(relegated). Only one task required when taking over at Charlton, climb the one position to get out of the relegation zone. Failed.

07-08 E+ Charlton 11th (tier 2). Alan again has a budget in the top 3 of the division where promotion is the minimum expected and again fails to deliver.

08-09 F Charlton 23rd (tier 2)(Sacked). With Charlton still one of the biggest spenders in the division and sitting in the relegation zone Alan is finally removed.

09-10 D- Southampton 5th (7th after points deduction) (tier 3). Alan is again given one of the top 3 budgets in the division and again fails to achieve promotion.

10-11 F Southampton.(tier 3) (sacked) Starting the season as odds on favourites due to a massive budget for this division Alan finds himself in the bottom half of the table and is dismissed.

So, the absolute best he ever managed is about where Hoots has us now.

Guest magpie99

I am not a fan of Pardew basically because I know little about him.

However, most people on here are citing the shameful dismissal of Hughton based on his performance as manager where we secured promotion in a canter and the start of this season up to and including the performance against Sunderland.

However, check out the way the team hasbeen playing in the last 5 games, 3 of which were at home and only 2 points gained whilst two away games againast similarly sized clubs as ourselves saw us totally outplayed, thrashed and quite frankly, playing like a team about to be relegated.

You can cite missing players all you like but those two away games in particular showed us up as not being premiership quality with our basic lack of control of the ball, passing, closing down opponents and resorting to long ball tactics similar to the days of Allardyce. I was totally unimpressed.

Before people start slting me about the missing players, lets just mention we had Taylor and Campbell replacing two of them and whilst Barton and Nolan were also missing, it wasnt long ago that many on here were  citing both of them as being not good enough.

My only beef about this situation is the fact Ashley has got an inferior replacement. In my opinion, under Hughton, especially the way the PL is playing at present, we were heading for a relegation battle if thepast 5 games are anything to go by.

You mighty also look at the fact that Andy Carroll has scored 4 goals in the last 6 games and the only other scorer was Lovenkrands last weekend. Not good enough in my opinion.

People's opinions of Barton and Nolan in the past are quite irrelevant.  The fact is Barton makes us tick now, without him we don't have a creative outlet.  Without Tiote we are too weak in midfield and without Nolan we have to rely purely on Carroll for goals, hence we play like shit without them.  All of those players were missing in patches over the course of those 5 games (some of them for just about all of them) as well as our best central defenders.  Can't believe that people would think those missing players didn't have a profound effect on the way we played and our results.

Sorry to bring this thread back, but I only just noticed this post.

People's opinions of Barton and Nolan in the past are quite irrelevant.  The fact is Barton makes us tick now, without him we don't have a creative outlet.  Without Tiote we are too weak in midfield and without Nolan we have to rely purely on Carroll for goals, hence we play like s*** without them.  All of those players were missing in patches over the course of those 5 games (some of them for just about all of them) as well as our best central defenders.  Can't believe that people would think those missing players didn't have a profound effect on the way we played and our results.

I agree. Just look how Chelsea have suffered when you take a few key players out of their team. Look how Liverpool were against us without Gerrard and Carragher. Yes if we lose our key players all season we will be in a relegation scrap, that was true before and remains true now. Only some January signings will give us the kind of depth to lose key players and still put out a winning team.

People's opinions of Barton and Nolan in the past are quite irrelevant.  The fact is Barton makes us tick now, without him we don't have a creative outlet.  Without Tiote we are too weak in midfield and without Nolan we have to rely purely on Carroll for goals, hence we play like s*** without them.  All of those players were missing in patches over the course of those 5 games (some of them for just about all of them) as well as our best central defenders.  Can't believe that people would think those missing players didn't have a profound effect on the way we played and our results.

I agree. Just look how Chelsea have suffered when you take a few key players out of their team. Look how Liverpool were against us without Gerrard and Carragher. Yes if we lose our key players all season we will be in a relegation scrap, that was true before and remains true now. Only some January signings will give us the kind of depth to lose key players and still put out a winning team.

:thup:

And if you assume that Ashley & Llambias were thinking along the same lines as this, and you factor in that they didn't rate Hughton's record in the transfer market, I suppose you can see why logically they would want to get rid of Hughton before the run-in to the transfer window. Except this is Ashley and Llambias we are talking about, and we all know their agenda is all about asset-stripping and micromanaging, so that's why the got Pardew in.