Booing / Banners

Willow

While this may be an unpopular view, I don't see what the boo's are going to achieve. It's not going to make Ashley/Pardew leave, it's not going to get Hughton back in charge.

We need to get behind the players to try and push them on. If we want to make a protest, do it by singing Hughton's name, not by booing.

/inside.

I'm really, really hoping we hear a lot of booing and get to see people's opinions voiced on banners over the next few days. It may sound childish but it's the most effective way of letting our feelings known. The cameras love this stuff and the media will feed upon it like crazy.

I don't care about the team hearing it, as they'll most likely be for it too as we've seen in interviews. The match result is completely irrelevant.

As Pardew walks out for the first time, hopefully Boos will drown out everything. We'd not be booing Alan the puppet so to speak, but everything that's gone on this past week.

Ashley will ignore it of course but it's our best chance to show our unequivocal disapproval of this absolute farce.

If you're in and around Newcastle this weekend or attending the match, will you be joining the chorus of Boos?

No it isnt, we need the points.

& just accept the status quo as always?

Wise up, there's a difference between loyalty & blind faith/accepting being torn a new one!

Get the vitriol out lads, boo, chant, intimidate& hopefully someone smacks the fat one too!

I tend to agree with this.

Shepherd is on the BBC website, going on about how it's our "duty to support the club". It's that attitude that allowed shysters such as him and Ashley to get away with murder.

Wise up, there's a difference between loyalty & blind faith/accepting being torn a new one!

Get the vitriol out lads, boo, chant, intimidate& hopefully someone smacks the fat one too!

Shepherd is on the BBC website, going on about how it's our "duty to support the club". It's that attitude that allowed shysters such as him and Ashley to get away with murder.

Outside the grounds a different matter, but It's the booing bollocks that gets me.

I'm all for chanting Hughtons name and for the players, and having a go at Ashley again for a bit. But booing the new manager does nothing but undermine his authority and helps nobody imho, however dislikable the general view of him is at the mo.

I'm really, really hoping we hear a lot of booing and get to see people's opinions voiced on banners over the next few days. It may sound childish but it's the most effective way of letting our feelings known. The cameras love this stuff and the media will feed upon it like crazy.

I don't care about the team hearing it, as they'll most likely be for it too as we've seen in interviews. The match result is completely irrelevant.

As Pardew walks out for the first time, hopefully Boos will drown out everything. We'd not be booing Alan the puppet so to speak, but everything that's gone on this past week.

Ashley will ignore it of course but it's our best chance to show our unequivocal disapproval of this absolute farce.

If you're in and around Newcastle this weekend or attending the match, will you be joining the chorus of Boos?

Aww, who's a clever boy then?!

OK, so say we all trudge in and agree to pretend we're not angry, and by some miracle it fools the players enough for them to forget what an absolute fucking state we're in and we get a point.  Then what?  Hell, what if we scrape a point here and there and, added to what Hughton got us, we stay up.  Then what?  That's year one of 5.5 out of the way, what next?  It's a really short termist attitude to try and avoid rocking the boat, the boats fucking upside down and we're walking on the ceiling with brine pissing through the portholes.

As for sinigng Hughton's name, how is that any less of a "Fuck off Pardew you cunt" than singing "Fuck off Pardew, you cunt"?

Guest toonlass

I love the way people seem to think that the players are too thick to comprehend that the animosity is not directed at them but the owner/manager. Come on, these lads aren't kept in isolation between games. They know we are behind them. And it's not like we have fabulously blistering atmospheres week in/week out to urge the lads on. It can get quieter than the Emirates at SJP at times. I say let people boo and shout at Ashley all they want. It's irrelevant to the outcome of the game what we shout.

Guest Ridzuan

I suggest chanting anti-Pardew/Ashley slogans will be a better idea than booing for the entire match. It might just affect the players performance. Ultimately, you still want to see the team winning. If somehow during the match Pardew managed to touch the ball, then we should boo even louder.

exactly, as long as we keep putting the money in their pockets they have no reason or incentive to leave.

I love the way people seem to think that the players are too thick to comprehend that the animosity is not directed at them but the owner/manager. Come on, these lads aren't kept in isolation between games. They know we are behind them. And it's not like we have fabulously blistering atmospheres week in/week out to urge the lads on. It can get quieter than the Emirates at SJP at times. I say let people boo and shout at Ashley all they want. It's irrelevant to the outcome of the game what we shout.

Some of our lot booed the poor fuckers at half time when we were 1-1 with Chelsea. It's a bit rich to complain about hurting their feelings when our support is riddled with those types :lol:

Certain people seem to have a bizarre set of priorities. There's a large number of fans who are completely apathetic towards the ownership situation yet let their spittle flecked fury spill out when anyone dare mention protest. You somehow become a worse supporter the minute you become concerned enough to take action. How that works I do not know.

Some of our lot booed the poor fuckers at half time when we were 1-1 with Chelsea. It's a bit rich to complain about hurting their feelings when our support is riddled with those types :lol:

Certain people seem to have a bizarre set of priorities. There's a large number of fans who are completely apathetic towards the ownership situation yet let their spittle flecked fury spill out when anyone dare mention protest. You somehow become a worse supporter the minute you become concerned enough to take action. How that works I do not know.

:thup:

As for sinigng Hughton's name, how is that any less of a "Fuck off Pardew you cunt" than singing "Fuck off Pardew, you cunt"?

Because one shows support to a genuinely respected manager who deserves a good send off whilst also being a big fuck you to the actions of the board.

The other is telling our new manager to "Fuck off, you cunt".

Get it?

Because one shows support to a genuinely respected manager who deserves a good send off whilst also being a big fuck you to the actions of the board.

The other is telling our new manager to "Fuck off, you cunt".

Get it?

Can we not propose a bit of both?

Give Chris a good send off, and then tempt the new guy into leaving as well.

Anti Mike banners and chants i'm all for, aswell as pro Hughon ones. Booing however I would never paricipate in (not just in this instance but when the team are playing shite etc aswell).

I just don't believe it has or will ever have any possotive effect what-so-ever, and in many cases it probably has the opposite.

You don't think chanting the name of the person he usurped is essentially also an attack on him?

Nah, he's intelligent enough (well he says it himself in his interviews at least), to know that Hughton is held in high regard by both the players and the fans. I think he'd be surprised if Hughtons name wasn't chanted tbf, it's not an attack and we haven't had a chance to voice our farewell to Hughton, or our opinion on his bastard sacking. He'll know it's not an attack on him, and he can earn his own chants down the line hopefully.

He'd be rightly worried if it was still being chanted 6 months or a year down the line though. :lol:

Anti Mike banners and chants i'm all for, aswell as pro Hughon ones. Booing however I would never paricipate in (not just in this instance but when the team are playing shite etc aswell).

I just don't believe it has or will ever have any possotive effect what-so-ever, and in many cases it probably has the opposite.

I don't get the benefit of aimless booing, but I'm for anti-Ashley/Llambias/Pardew chants.

I hope it works out Colocho mate, personaly I cannot see it having much of an effect on Ashley but I hope i'm wrong.

We can't take that attitude. There is going to be no change overnight, this is a long-term campaign.

Why boo Pardew ? I don't like him or want him here but we unfortunately have to get behind him because what has been done has been done Hughton won't come back now unfortunately but we need to support everyone who tries to help NUFC succeed (not Ashley) and Pardew will give his best for us.

Guest Ridzuan

Why boo Pardew ? I don't like him or want him here but we unfortunately have to get behind him because what has been done has been done Hughton won't come back now unfortunately but we need to support everyone who tries to help NUFC succeed (not Ashley) and Pardew will give his best for us.

I dont think the word "best" exist in Pardew's DNA. His intentions might be well but he just dont have the skills.

Guest marky555

Stay away. The best possible protest. Vote with your feet.

It's a game of football not a fucking pantomime, booing is going to do fuck all.