Forum Service Issues and Updates

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Get that hamster pedalling harder, its going slow.

Could be related to having the [more] smiley window open. Closed it and everything is back to normal.

Aye, it loaded up as a full screen box (rather than the sized box it usually is).

Have you seen the page creation times at the bottom of each page?

These: "Page created in 0.16 seconds with 11 queries."

If those are getting into the 0.5 second+ range, we're going slowly. If they're showing as mine is there and it's still going slow, it's something on your end.

Ya get me?

Was searching for the Lasses Are Geet Stupid thread and the thread title shows up like this:

Chat / Re: The lass="highlight">Stupid lass="highlight">things your Lass has said thread

Was just flagging it in case it was a bug or something, as usual it's hardly a major issue.

Was searching for the Lasses Are Geet Stupid thread and the thread title shows up like this:

Chat / Re: The lass="highlight">Stupid lass="highlight">things your Lass has said thread

Was just flagging it in case it was a bug or something, as usual it's hardly a major issue.

Is that not just showing you it found what you searched for? Got a screenshot?

Definite spotter's badge for that one Inter, very helpful. I've added it to the list of outstanding things to be fixed, but as we have someone altering the search method for us imminently I'll have to leave it until he is sorted. If the problem persists after he's done the work we'll get it fixed straight away.

Yeah cheers Rich - as I say it's not really a problem as such because you still end up finding what you're after, just looks a bit odd.

It definitely shouldn't be there. It'll just be a letter out of place in the code or something, but I'm hesitant to mess on too much. Will keep trying bits.

:lol:  I have to edit HTML (for email campaigns) at work sometimes and I seriously haven't got a fucking clue, I just keep trying until it works.

People also ask me about things to do with Excel at work and I give it the old "give iz a few minutes to finish what I'm doing FFS you rude twat", have a quick Google on the Excel issue then go over and go "OK, so this is what you do".  They think I'm a genius on it, fucking divs.  The trouble is when they put you on the spot and say "Neil, you're good with Excel" and you have to Google how to do Caps Lock in front of them, but still.