Asian Cup 2011

oldtype

Man Jisung Park is a f***ing hero.

He's been ill all week and nowhere near at the top of his game, but at the 110th minute when the opposing side is on the counter, he'll still run at absolute full pelt from their box right back to ours.

Represents everything that is good about his generation of Korean players.

You just see that yellow armband of his blazing across the screen at a ridiculous speed and you just :snod:

Man, this shit is big. I think this might be the first time in my lifetime (that I can remember) that we're actually playing them in a match that matters.

It's bad enough when we're just having a friendly for shits and giggles. This is going to be insanely tense.

so 1725 where i am then, i think?  or 1325 in the UK...

16.25 in the UK according to livescore.com

Is this on tv anywhere?

no i think 16.25 is the local time in Qatar, 22.25 in Korea looks right to me

in-fucking-credible it's not on the list of fixtures on bbc's website - WTF

Is this on tv anywhere?

You can catch it on bet365. All you need to do is register.

Is this on tv anywhere?

You can catch it on bet365. All you need to do is register.

:kasper:

they show a lot of games?  presumably no PL though

They show Italian and French league games, alot of Internationals and other random European games. No English ties though.

oldtype worth putting 10 on you guys to win at 2.0? (draw no bet).

Japan has one of their players out for this match because of red card, but Kagawa and Honda still scare the shit out of me.

If you go through the fixture lists under "Soccer", whatever has:

http://www.bet365.com/extra/Images/bet365/Common/icon-coupon-selection-live-streaming.gif

next to it, is going to be broadcast live on bet365

Japan has one of their players out for this match because of red card, but Kagawa and Honda still scare the shit out of me.

Korea never lose according to my wife (Korean), just jinxed the shit out of that haven't i? :lol:

Japan has one of their players out for this match because of red card, but Kagawa and Honda still scare the s*** out of me.

Korea never lose according to my wife (Korean), just jinxed the s*** out of that haven't i? :lol:

Our current record stands at 40 wins, 21 draws, and 12 losses.

The players always step it up a level when we play Japan. Historically it's been a matter of pride that we not lose to the old enemy, and I'm not afraid to admit that we probably take it more seriously than they do.

The first post-colonial Korean manager to face Japan in an international was given a personal meeting with the President, and legend has it that the guy told him that he'd throw himself into the Pacific if he failed to beat them on their own soil. We won, of course. :snod:

We have one less day of rest but I'd still bank on us winning. Losing to this lot in a major tournament would be just as unthinkable to the players as it would be for all of us watching at home.