Asian Cup 2011

oldtype

Real Madrid top, hope they put 5 past him too  :angry: :p

We played the Real Madrid supporters club about six months ago. We lost something like 17-1 :lol:

f***ing hell, was Cronaldo spending his holidays in Korea? :lol:

Well, multitude of factors. They're pretty close to an actual amateur football club in that they have regular practice sessions etc. We're just a bunch of lads who get together for a kickabout once a month or so.

Also they draw from a pool of members that's several times larger than ours. You can imagine how there would be quite a bit more Real Madrid fans than Newcastle fans in this country.

What are the biggest foreign clubs in there? The only Korean football fans I met are all Manchester United fans.

Man United is leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else for obvious reasons. Basically most Koreans with a passing interest in European football are Man United "fans."

After that it's probably Liverpool, Arsenal, Real, Milan, Inter, and Juventus. Chelsea isn't popular at all for some reason and Barca is surprisingly underappreciated.

Newcastle is probably the fourth most popular Premiership club, shockingly enough

Yeah I know, our board has been laboring to increase our profile there, hence our friendlies this summer. These Qatar Foundation shirts and Messi spread posters need to be moved...

:celb:

Koo Ja-Chul with his third goal of the tournament.

Yah, missed it while I was fixing lunch. Now that I see the repeat it was pretty awful defending by Australia, he was lone in the box.

I agree, terrible defending. West Ham-esque.

Why are we taking off our best player for the man with one foot?

Both sides are rather woeful tbf. Very scrappy game.

To be fair, 99% of all teams on Earth would look woeful to you. I'm having fun :lol:

Hehe, don't expect a tiki-taka display every time I tune in a game, but the possessions are very short and you don't see many things coming out from the players. Australia are very slow and scrappy and seem to have dragged Korea - which I remember as a spirited side - down to their level.

Why do I giggle every time I see a Korean named "dong". Am I racist?

http://cfs2.tistory.com/upload_control/download.blog?fhandle=YmxvZzYwNjgyQGZzMi50aXN0b3J5LmNvbTovYXR0YWNoLzEvMTk5LkpQRw==

Nah, I just blame him.

Man it's not even funny how badly Japan has been screwed over by the refs though. Not that I have any sympathy for them.

Ah well, best teams in the tournament always start slow. Think of us as the Spain of Asia. :lol:

What match was it where the ref overruled the linesman, sending the keeper off even though the lad he took out was offside?

Japan - Syria.

Ref said it was the Japanese player who touched the ball last, therefore Syrian attacker not offside. Rubbish decision tbh, and so was the penalty he gave Japan later in the game.

:lol: Never really cared much for S Korea footballing wise. Was always a neutral when it came to most of your games and even wanted you to beat Greece in the WC. Now that I know your true feelings, I will support anyone playing against S Korea with the power of a thousand suns :lol:

always thought east asians were racist and sort of up themselves a bit. now i know it  O0

I have nothing against your people, just how you go about playing football. You're basically accusing somebody of being anti-semetic just because they can't stand Tottenham Hotspur.

Really, who's being prejudiced here Mr. "I always thought East Asians were racist"? :lol:

Oh and you can accuse me of anything you want, but f*** tottenham hotspur and all tottenham supporters  :clap2:

:-*

Wish there was a yarmulke smiley.

'mon the Aussies.

:lol: Never really cared much for S Korea footballing wise. Was always a neutral when it came to most of your games and even wanted you to beat Greece in the WC. Now that I know your true feelings, I will support anyone playing against S Korea with the power of a thousand suns :lol:

always thought east asians were racist and sort of up themselves a bit. now i know it  O0

I have nothing against your people, just how you go about playing football. You're basically accusing somebody of being anti-semetic just because they can't stand Tottenham Hotspur.

Really, who's being prejudiced here Mr. "I always thought East Asians were racist"? :lol:

Oh and you can accuse me of anything you want, but f*** tottenham hotspur and all tottenham supporters  :clap2:

:-*

Wish there was a yarmulke smiley.

'mon the Aussies.

:lol:

I love watching Australia play, I only need to imagine Viduka is still there and it's like I'm 25 again. Aren't there any other footballers in that place than Schwarzer, Emerton, Kewell and Culina?

Heard that Tim Cahil guy was pretty good.

That's why I didn't mention him, he actually still plays at a high level and gets in the team on merit instead of coasting on name and past achievements.