Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

Guest neesy111

People are not spouting off, we had a wage bill of 72M in 2008/09.  I would say £66M-£68M is on player wages.  Lets say £60M of that is on the 1st team that would mean a squad of 25 on an average wage of £50k including bonuses.  Ridiculous amounts.

People are not spouting off, we had a wage bill of 72M in 2008/09.  I would say £66M-£68M is on player wages.  Lets say £60M of that is on the 1st team that would mean a squad of 25 on an average wage of £50k including bonuses.  Ridiculous amounts.

Exactly. Fuking ostrich performances from some members about our wage bill.

No way Barton or Colo are anywhere near £80k a week man :lol:

Colo is on £80k pw actually.

Have you seen his contract?

No but there was an article about Danny Guthrie when he was in the court for speeding. There he said he made 4k pw and Colo made 20 times more so 4x20 equals 80.

There are articles out there saying Colo earns 65 k as well.

Colo probably is on around £80k a week. Consider yearly wage rises, especially in the cases of Barton and Smith, who signed in 2007.

Guest neesy111

Rolls Royce earners putting in reliant robin performances.  I still think 1/2 of the squad are on far too much imo.

Since then the following players all on high wages have left

Owen, Martins, Viduka, Duff, Milner, Nzogbia, Given, Beye, Geremi, Cacapa, Rozemhal etc etc.

Who have we brought in since on bumper wages?

I'd suggest your head is up the Ostriches arse if you still think our wage bill is anywhere near that figure

Guest neesy111

Since then the following players all on high wages have left

Owen, Martins, Viduka, Duff, Milner, Nzogbia, Given, Beye, Geremi, Cacapa, Rozemhal etc etc.

Who have we brought in since on bumper wages?

I'd suggest your head is up the Ostriches arse if you still think our wage bill is anywhere near that figure

In 2008/09, read what i fucking said.  That was the season we went down and that was our wage bill then.  Rozenhal wasn't even at the club that season then anycase.

He was out on loan,

"I would say £66M-£68M is on player wages"

apart from the players we're concerned about coming to the end of their deals

Barton, Colo, Enrique

Who in our squad do you think is picking up massive wages?

Alan Smith.

He was out on loan,

"I would say £66M-£68M is on player wages"

apart from the players we're concerned about coming to the end of their deals

Barton, Colo, Enrique

Who in our squad do you think is picking up massive wages?

Gutierrez and Nolan will be on +£45k. Ryan Taylor will be on at least £30k.

i read ben tozer is on 90k p/w.

As sensible an addition to this current talk as any. Wages are wages, unless they're going to bankrupt us - unlikely with Ashley in charge - then I couldn't give a shit. Sure, some of them are robbing a living but they would be even if they were on £10k a week and that's classed as nothing these days.

People talk about wages like they are playing FM (I bet half of the time that's where they get their 'info' from) and it's embarrassing.

The numbers being mentioned re wages across this board are roughly correct. The discrepancies usually arise because all of the players contracts are expressed to as a basic wage, and then additional image rights payments, which is just a way of structuring the player's wage for tax purposes. Pretty much all of the players have image rights in their contract.

The Colo figure isn't as much as 80K, but including the image rights, it isn't far off. Same with the Barton figure.

I have Zamblera is the highest paid player in the premiership.

Ranger's new contract is also £70k a week plus all the fubu he can fit into his wardrobe.

Pards should give the boy a chance!

As sensible an addition to this current talk as any. Wages are wages, unless they're going to bankrupt us - unlikely with Ashley in charge - then I couldn't give a s***. Sure, some of them are robbing a living but they would be even if they were on £10k a week and that's classed as nothing these days.

People talk about wages like they are playing FM (I bet half of the time that's where they get their 'info' from) and it's embarrassing.

The wage bill was well documented the season we went down. 5th highest in the prem, it was.

As sensible an addition to this current talk as any. Wages are wages, unless they're going to bankrupt us - unlikely with Ashley in charge - then I couldn't give a shit. Sure, some of them are robbing a living but they would be even if they were on £10k a week and that's classed as nothing these days.

Totally correct, it makes absolutely no difference to whether a player is 'worth the wages' if he's on £35k or £60k. It's all a matter of degrees, there's no standard so what's the point in worrying about it?

Guest neesy111

Dave in our accounts it said our expenditure on wages in 2008/09 was 72M, that is fact.  So the figures bandied around are not far off the truth tbh when you fill in the blanks, also it was widely reported the ashley forgot to put relegation clauses in the players contracts hence why the papers reported how much some of our players would be earning in the championship.  I'm shocked we had

I would say Enrique, Nolan, Guiterrez are all on around 50k.

Smith, Barton and Coloccini around the 60-70k mark.

Carroll and Saylor on around 40k mark now.

Raylor, Simpson, Routledge, Shola etc 25k.

As sensible an addition to this current talk as any. Wages are wages, unless they're going to bankrupt us - unlikely with Ashley in charge - then I couldn't give a s***. Sure, some of them are robbing a living but they would be even if they were on £10k a week and that's classed as nothing these days.

Well said sensible one.

Guest neesy111

Totally correct, it makes absolutely no difference to whether a player is 'worth the wages' if he's on £35k or £60k. It's all a matter of degrees, there's no standard so what's the point in worrying about it?

You what?

So your not bothered we had the 5th highest wage bill in the premiership and got relegated :lol:

The less spent on wages would likely see us spend more in the transfer market as well.