Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

Barton can do that

If Barton is injured we have no one to do that :(

Guthrie hits a mean dead ball. TBH from what i have seen from Larsson in open play tonight Guthrie is Larsson equal

Every free kick he aims into our box he overhits for a goal kick. His corners are occasionally decent, but otherwise his set pieces are largely shite.

Guest Bartons_Bitch

So do you want guthrie covering for barton!

No, that said I don't want Larsson covering him either.

And even more so, I don't want both Larsson & Guthrie covering him who are equally as shit as one another.

tbf i think if you look back to previous performances by guthrie last season when he kept smith out the team, he's decent cover for barton on our buget. It's true that the last couple of games he was awful but you can't judge him on just them games.

Rather than cover for barton, I think we need someone better than routledge, and this fella probably would of been.

Guest sicko2ndbest

FWIW i can see Gosling being Joeys understudy on the right. He will be at least 4th choice for the middle of the park behind Tiote, Nolan and Barton

tbf i think if you look back to previous performances by guthrie last season when he kept smith out the team, he's decent cover for barton on our buget. It's true that the last couple of games he was awful but you can't judge him on just them games.

Rather than cover for barton, I think we need someone better than routledge, and this fella probably would of been.

There was just something different about last season that I can't quite put my finger on...

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It's not hard to keep Smith out of the team. Guthrie will never make it as a Premier League player

Birmingham are incapable of getting their wingers the ball in general play. Larsson must feel like topping himself. Impossible to judge him from this. Can only really look at his set pieces.

There was just something different about last season that I can't quite put my finger on...

Alright, lets not judge guthrie when he had an extended run in the team, because it was in the championship.

Lets instead judge him on a couple of games after returning from a lengthy injury- only to fking injure himself again.

As for smith, yes he was s**** but he was part of that group "leaders" in our team and was deputy captain, so yes guthrie did do well to keep him out.

This lad is clearly better than routledge, he should be his replacement not bartons cover (Larsson  that is)

Yup point made. But we have watched Simpson step up this season and astonishingly witnessed Leon Best score a Premiership hat trick (and some very good Premiership strikers have never done that). So maybe Danny Guthrie will be the next one to shove it up our ar5es - he was a KK signing too (allegedly). 

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I know we're not getting the lad, but I do think he'd  have been a solid signing. Better than our other options below Barton/Tiote/Nolan in the pecking order.