Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

Guest neesy111

Sunderland have more to worry about than us, looking at the lineup's.

Strange how very few on here are predicting a Newcastle win then.

You have home advantage which counts for me, I've said it for awhile it'll be a draw.

Some interesting thoughts from our inbred neighbours.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=557555

Almost praying for trouble that lot.

It's got a lot to do with the irresponsible way their manager has been talking. You'd think a so called professional would know better.

The FA really should confront him about some of the things he's been saying in the press which are designed to make an already difficult situation for the police even more volatile.

Not sure I've ever come across a more bitter poster than Benwell Lad.

Last time you had a pop it was because I had the audacity to say that if we get anything near our strongest side out I think we'll nick it.

You said that was arrogance and that I must think we're Barcelona or something because your home record is so good.

I'll stick with my original statement and for what it's worth I do think your manager has been behaving unprofessionally with his loose comments

and that it's put more pressure on your players and has not helped the police's task either.

Look at your posts over the last 2 weeks or so man,you're just embarrassing yourself.

The suggestion that the FA should look into Bruce's comments just because he might play a f***ing song at the end of the game is quite frankly comical.

I don't think highly paid club staff should be making antagonistic remarks before a "high risk" fixture. Especially when he prefers to live next to those he's trying to wind up.

A better manager would be saying what he needs to say to his players behind the dressing room door, not blurting it in the press.

Highly unlikely the FA would act anyway - they always seem to turn a blind eye to the predictable pitch invasions every time you get a big crowd.

Thanks for reading my posts anyway. I'd probably pack in if they weren't having the desired effect.

Guest Wearside

What is Sunderlands midfield likely to be?

If Cattermole fit...................Elmohamady.........Cattermole.......Henderson...............Malbranque/Zenden

Without Cattermole.................Elmohamady.........Henderson.......Richardson.............Malbranque/Zenden

Get back into the woodwork you smelly rag.

My confidence grows with each day and with every stupid comment they make. Catermole is still 50/50, even if he does play, as long as we play barton in CM he'll curl up into a little ball. Its not hard to be the big man in Sun'lun, but come up against some proper men and they shrink and shrivel.

Aye cause all your lots bluster made you look stupid as fuck last time...Wouldn't want to end up embarrassed like that...

This really could be one of the best derbies ever.

Underdogs, no shame if we lose as long as it's not a hiding with our two best players out, Bruce's rants, Sunderland fans over-confidence...it's just begging for a dodgy penalty decision in our favour and Shola burying it.

If Cattermole fit...................Elmohamady.........Cattermole.......Henderson...............Malbranque/Zenden

Without Cattermole.................Elmohamady.........Henderson.......Richardson.............Malbranque/Zenden

The only one i worry about there is Henderson.

Guest neesy111

Fuck me, Gosling will be on bench.

So it's going to be Guthrie and Smith in midfield, unless routledge plays.  Depressing thoughts.

Guest neesy111

f*** me, Gosling will be on bench.

So it's going to be Guthrie and Smith in midfield, unless routledge plays.  Depressing thoughts.

eh ?

routledge  barton  nolan  jonas

Nolan will be upfront with only Shola fit.

The only one i worry about there is Henderson.

Henderson - 1 goal & 4 assists

Gutierrez - 1 goal & 3 assists

eh ?

what about best ?

I'd go with

Harper

Simpson

Enrique

Williamson

Coloccini

*sigh* Routledge

Jonas

Nolan

Barton

Ameobi

Best

Thats what i would go for but i fear Pardew will play Smith instead of Best. 

Jeeeeez what options we have!

Guest neesy111

eh ?

what about best ?

He's 1/2 fit at the moment.