Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

First time been to a derby at the SOL, looking forward to it. Got my place on the convey of buses. How does it work though , is it a free for all or does the ticket match you to a bus?

Can you get a drink at any time too lads as if the bar is open in there shit hole it will be bussy if all 3300 fans turn up at the same time wanting a drink

Id imagine the only drink your going to get is before you get on the bus and when you get back to Newcastle, just get the metro man.

Guest Roger Kint

First time been to a derby at the SOL, looking forward to it. Got my place on the convey of buses. How does it work though , is it a free for all or does the ticket match you to a bus?

Can you get a drink at any time too lads as if the bar is open in there s*** hole it will be bussy if all 3300 fans turn up at the same time wanting a drink

I missed out and these part tmers get in? :angry:

Nah seriously will be free for all i would imagine assuming you ordered a bus ticket when you got the match ticket?

Its pretty hard to get served in the ground if they do sell drink at all, seem to think they didnt last time? Under the away end is pretty rubbish so you would be lucky to get near the bar.

Just got a ticket for the sunderland end from work : )

Do yourself a big favour- keep your mouth shut and if they score make sure you stand up.

Guest Roger Kint

Do yourself a big favour- keep your mouth shut and if they score make sure you stand up.

Might help taking some ket before going in as well, help you look like the people around you...

We'll win, seemples, Fat heed will get them so wound up they'll be kicking everything, again. Like I said in my previous post the referee is vital and I'm worried Webb lets too much go.

Cannit believe all this pessimism - it's the mackems ffs not Barcelona

There is a lot of pessimism considering how ordinary the opposition is. If we get our key players fit and keep it tight early on we can nick it.

We have more players who are used to big atmospheres and big occasions.

Like you said it will need a strong ref as they get away with murder down there normally and their idiot manager really seems to be piling the pressure on to his own players with his talk of revenge etc. What a tosser he is.

Might help taking some ket before going in as well, help you look like the people around you...

:lol:

Guest Loven11

Sorry if it's already been posted :

NIKOS DABIZAS today told Newcastle United’s budding derby heroes: “Do the business against the Mackems and it will live with you until your death bed.”

Dabizas knows anybody in a black-and-white shirt who emerges a hero against Sunderland can dine on his derby glory forever.

He admits even now he feels a tingle down his neck when he thinks about netting a winner which went down in Geordie folklore.

The popular Greek defender leapt higher than anybody else in 2002 at the Stadium of Light to power home a header which secured a 1-0 win for Sir Bobby Robson’s Magpies to help United on their way to the Champions League.

Dabizas – still turning out at 37 for Greek side Larissa - told the Chronicle in an exclusive interview: “Everybody reminds me about THAT goal.

“Even if I wanted to forget about it I would not be able to.

“Wherever I go people want to talk about this goal, it is amazing but it just shows what it means to people.

“I left Newcastle in 2003, eight years ago.

“I was walking in the street with my son and almost every Newcastle fan came up to me and asked me about this goal!

“They ask me about my time in Newcastle – they are so passionate they remember you for that type of thing.

“All you can say back is it is just a special place which you have to live in to understand properly.

“That goal was the greatest moment of my Newcastle career.

“It was the winning goal against the Mackems – as you Geordies say – and it was an awesome feeling.”

Dabizas loved his time on Tyneside and helped transform the Magpies from relegation fodder to a fully-fledged Champions League outfit in just two years.

While taking on the likes of Inter Milan, Juventus, PSV Eindhoven, Barcelona and Dinamo Kiev in Europe’s premier competition has given Dabizas a collection of swapped shirts to die for, only one thing takes pride of place at his family home in Greece.

He added: “In my house in Greece I have a huge banner of me celebrating the goal against Sunderland half naked!

“It is great as it shows all of the lads jumping on my back in front of the Newcastle fans.

“It will always be on my mind, and when I come back everybody wants to talk about it.

“You never get tired of talking about beating Sunderland.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/01/13/toon-hero-dabizas-message-to-stars-of-2011-72703-27979120/2/

You're not the only one.

If in doubt just dribble at the mouth and make animated grunting noises - you'll blend in perfectly.

Some interesting thoughts from our inbred neighbours.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=557555

Almost praying for trouble that lot.

It's got a lot to do with the irresponsible way their manager has been talking. You'd think a so called professional would know better.

The FA really should confront him about some of the things he's been saying in the press which are designed to make an already difficult situation for the police even more volatile.

Guest The_Optimistic

You're not the only one.

If in doubt just dribble at the mouth and make animated grunting noises - you'll blend in perfectly.

I may smear shit across my face too just to make sure.

It's got a lot to do with the irresponsible way their manager has been talking. You'd think a so called professional would know better.

The FA really should confront him about some of the things he's been saying in the press which are designed to make an already difficult situation for the police even more volatile.

Aye Bruce is being very naive if you ask me and the shit he is spouting is only going to add to their "revenge" mentality, IMO if we win or maybe even draw there could end up being alot of trouble.

Aye Bruce is being very naive if you ask me and the s*** he is spouting is only going to add to their "revenge" mentality, IMO if we win or maybe even draw there could end up being alot of trouble.

we just need to keep a clean sheet, they will not be able to handle it.

If anyone knows anywhere in town where it may be possible to view proceedings on Sunday, please send me a PM. Cheers in advance. :)

My mates seem to be heading up to Sammy Jacks for the match, no idea if its on there but they seem to think it is. Personally I think they are going for the Jack the Rippers.