FA reject unfair dismissal appeal from NUFC for Cheik Tiote

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't expect Tiote to give anything less than 100%. He showed more heart and desire in that tackle than the entire squad put together (bar Barton and Airey).

This is like the "Smith gives his all" argument people have been coming out with for ages.  Jumping into tackles does not equal heart and desire, it equals stupidity and naivety.

Yeah, Tiote is stupid and naive because he wants to win the ball back.

Yup. He's extra stupid because he succeeded in doing so. How NAIVE of him.

:lol: Yes, that's what I said.

I've just seen it again and think he might win an appeal, he was nowhere near the opposition player.

We're relying on Marriner to overturn it though. He consulted a linesman, took his time and decided it was a red. He's not going to change his mind now.  :undecided:

(I thought it was a red personally)

I'm not sure overturning of red cards is down to the individual referee.  I think it's an FA Committee who have the decision.

Ah right. :thup:

In that case there might be a slim chance. We'll see.

Also, usually I'd agree on the point that time was taken and an assistant consulted, but the same thing happened at Arsenal v Man City, and they still managed to wrongly send off Zabaleta, which was overturned.

We're relying on Marriner to overturn it though. He consulted a linesman, took his time and decided it was a red. He's not going to change his mind now.  :undecided:

Tiote went away from the player with his lunge, I didn't realise that at first and would have agreed with you until seeing it again.  I just hope that Marrnier is honest enough to take another look at it.

Also, usually I'd agree on the point that time was taken and an assistant consulted, but the same thing happened at Arsenal v Man City, and they still managed to wrongly send off Zabaleta, which was overturned.

That one was clear cut though. The tackle today is clearly open to debate (you only have to read this thread to see that), so I can't see them pissing on their referee's decision.

Have you had a good look at the tackle yet?  I originally thought that the red was spot on, now I can't see how it could have been given as a red if it had been seen clearly.

That one was clear cut though. The tackle today is clearly open to debate (you only have to read this thread to see that), so I can't see them pissing on their referee's decision.

I completely agree, more just saying that just because he sought opinion from his colleague, it doesn't necessarily make the appeal any less likely to succeed :)

Still, how can you get more unlikely than no chance? :lol:

Tiote went away from the player with his lunge, I didn't realise that at first and would have agreed with you until seeing it again.  I just hope that Marrnier is honest enough to take another look at it.

It was still reckless and dangerous though. I hope the FA see it differently but can't see it being overturned.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I've just watched the challenge again a number of times

He actually goes past the ball in order to hook it back with his heel. His sheer athleticism makes it look worse because of the speed and the height of the lunge. He goes in the complete opposite direction of the player who actually falls over his legs

It was definately NOT 2 footed and was definately NOT a sending off

Guest Heneage

I think Marriner pandered to them all game, blowing for aerial challenges, booking best and finally this. He didn't touch the player yet we see him clutching his ankle like he'd been caught.

It was a fantastic tackle, timed to perfection, we saw the FA claim DeJong's tackle was fine so why is this not?

I've just watched the challenge again a number of times

He actually goes past the ball in order to hook it back with his heel. His sheer athleticism makes it look worse because of the speed and the height of the lunge. He goes in the complete opposite direction of the player who actually falls over his legs

It was definately NOT 2 footed and was definately NOT a sending off

Point one contradicts point two.

I think Marriner pandered to them all game, blowing for aerial challenges, booking best and finally this. He didn't touch the player yet we see him clutching his ankle like he'd been caught.

It was a fantastic tackle, timed to perfection, we saw the FA claim DeJong's tackle was fine so why is this not?

When did the FA claim De Jong's tackle was fine Kris?  Don't confuse them thinking it was fine with their hands being tied by the fact the referee saw it and deemed it ok, meaning they could take no action.