FA reject unfair dismissal appeal from NUFC for Cheik Tiote

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

Black and white specs ahoy in this thread. I wonder how many of the same people were screaming for De Jong to be banned for his tackle on Ben Arfa? He got the ball after all. Even if you don't agree it was a red card, there's absolutely no way on earth it will be rescinded. No way.

:thup: If Smith had made the same tackle (not exactly an improbability) people would've been queueing up to chin him.  Being blinded by love for not just NUFC but also Tiote (who I love as well, but I know a red card tackle when I see one).

Bollocks man

The only reason I wouldn't defend smith was because I would be happy with the 3 game ban

Great tackle not even close to being a foul

Guest sicko2ndbest

The official Fifa rules continue: "Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

Key words are 'at the opponent'

In no way does tiote ever lunge AT the opponent

The official Fifa rules continue: "Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

He hit the player with the tackle.  :lol:

Fuck me.

I think he did.

I thought it was wild when i first saw it.

If someone like cattermole did it we would be complaining.

He'll not win an appeal. Having said that he shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place; Pardew is a muppet for this.

It's an error/inconsistency that a lot of managers make in these situations - they don't care about the cup enough to play their best team, but suddenly when they're losing they lose their nerve and bring on the big players.

Look at Ancelloti when we knocked Chelse out of the CC... brought on Kalou and Benayoun and they both got injured.

He'll not win an appeal. Having said that he shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place; Pardew is a muppet for this.

It's an error/inconsistency that a lot of managers make in these situations - they don't care about the cup enough to play their best team, but suddenly when they're losing they lose their nerve and bring on the big players.

Look at Ancelloti when we knocked Chelse out of the CC... brought on Kalou and Benayoun and they both got injured.

Good point.

He either had to go all out for it or play the kids imho.

Yeah but he's not in mid air, using excessive force, or endangering the opponent when the tackle's made is he? He gets to the ball first, then he's on the ground in the same position he'd have been had he slid in from closer in, and the player goes over the top of him.

He hit the player with the tackle.  :lol:

Fuck me.

:lol:

I'm going to withdraw from this discussion because all I can think of is that I've not actually seen the tackle in question.

As soon as Tiote left the ground with both feet it was irrelevant if he would get the ball or not, he was going off. He didn't lead with studs or have both feet in for the tackle but because he left the ground and lunged in for the ball there is absolutely no chance in it being rescinded. The FA will consider it reckless, regardless of the players' intent.

Dave's got this spot on. Alot in this thread, sicko especially, are looking at this with black and white specs on.

That sort of challenge on one of our players tonight and there'd be absolute uproar for the player to be banned.

Dave's got this spot on. Alot in this thread, sicko especially, are looking at this with black and white specs on.

That sort of challenge on one of our players tonight and there'd be absolute uproar for the player to be banned.

How could there be an outcry for the player to be banned?

He tackled cleanly, won the ball and didn't injure the player.

will appealing and losing the appeal mean the FA add another game on meaning a 4 game ban.  Its a nightmare that he's set to miss huge games against mackems, Spurs, Fulham but would be even worse to then miss the Arsenal home game as well.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Yeah but he's not in mid air, using excessive force, or endangering the opponent when the tackle's made is he? He gets to the ball first, then he's on the ground in the same position he'd have been had he slid in from closer in, and the player goes over the top of him.

Seriously nut Are we reading this wrong or is it the annul mod/admin piss and you've just not been invited

Cannot believe dave and midds are so adament this is serious foul play :)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He leaves the ground, and as amazing as Tiote is, I'm not sure he's mastered flight yet. So he's not in control of his body. Regardless of him winning the ball, he's made a tackle that won't stand these days. 5-10 years ago, that'd have been fine, but now? No chance.

by appealing does that mean Tiote can play vs the mackems, or have the FA stopped that from happening?

i asked this before and someone replied- they will hold the appeal befoer the derby :undecided:

It will be lodged on Monday. Refs report will go in on Monday then FA will ask ref to have a look again - ref can then decide whether he wants to rescind or not. The ref might even look before and put in a recommendation to either uphold or rescind.

It will certainly happen before our next game.

By the time contact is made Tiote already has his foot hooked over the ball and has full control.

Exactly my point. He's in control of the actual tackle.

But he's left the ground, he's lunged in and therefore not in complete control. That tackle could have easily gone wrong if someone like Smith had tried it.

It's the possibility here that will lead to the ban being upheld. The FA want this kind of thing removed from all levels of the game and simply won't allow players to launch off the ground and go into the tackle, no matter how inch perfect it may be.

When he leaves the ground he's nowhere near their player though. He's in a perfect tackling position when he actually wins it, and the result was him winning the ball, the player relatively harmlessly bundling over Tiote's body (which would have happened exactly the same way had it been a normal sliding or block challenge) and no-one was hurt.