FA reject unfair dismissal appeal from NUFC for Cheik Tiote

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

Dave's got this spot on. Alot in this thread, sicko especially, are looking at this with black and white specs on.

That sort of challenge on one of our players tonight and there'd be absolute uproar for the player to be banned.

Jonny I am normally in agreement with the powers that be on this board and value their input into discussion

However, on this occasion I am flabberghasted that you feel this is in any way even a foul. There is no black and White. It is not a foul therefore it is not a red

I think agreeing to disagree is the only way forward

When he leaves the ground he's nowhere near their player though. He's in a perfect tackling position when he actually wins it, and the result was him winning the ball, the player relatively harmlessly bundling over Tiote's body (which would have happened exactly the same way had it been a normal sliding or block challenge) and no-one was hurt.

And that's the bitch of it. He left the ground completely to lunge into a tackle and the FA don't want this in the game at all so it won't be overturned in the hope that it will go a little bit further to stopping players do this.

The tackle was inch perfect, but slightly off and it could have been very very reckless and that's what the FA will claim when they review the appeal.

Btw the fact that it's even in question whether it was a sending off or not merely confirms that they'll not rescind it.

Aye, starting to think this is probably right.

Tackles like that are/were one of the best aspects of the game though, fucking disgrace that he's going to miss one of the biggest games of the season for making a stunning tackle.

It's not about whether he won the ball or how close he is to the player, it's about the INTENT in which he went flying in, off the ground. It was like a fucking karate kick.

Guest sicko2ndbest

It's not about whether he won the ball or how close he is to the player, it's about the INTENT in which he went flying in, off the ground. It was like a f***ing karate kick.

So is an overhead kick

Sending off offence?

Are we to outlaw overhead kicks in the area now from a corner now by the way just in case the player attempting the kick might hurt a defender even though he's in control of the situation?

No, because that isn't a tackle. If there was a string of serious incidents from overhead kicks I guarantee the FA would head in that direction though.

Dave's got this spot on. Alot in this thread, sicko especially, are looking at this with black and white specs on.

That sort of challenge on one of our players tonight and there'd be absolute uproar for the player to be banned.

Jonny I am normally in agreement with the powers that be on this board and value their input into discussion

However, on this occasion I am flabberghasted that you feel this is in any way even a foul. There is no black and White. It is not a foul therefore it is not a red

What on earth does that mean btw? :dowie:

It's not about whether he won the ball or how close he is to the player, it's about the INTENT in which he went flying in, off the ground. It was like a fucking karate kick.

But not towards the opponent,he was running in virtually the same direction which takes the malice out of the challenged as he "karate kicked" towards fresh air.

It's not about whether he won the ball or how close he is to the player, it's about the INTENT in which he went flying in, off the ground. It was like a f***ing karate kick.

So is an overhead kick

Sending off offence?

Howay man, think of the compared risk of injury from an overhead kick and a lunging tackle against the leg. :lol:

So is an overhead kick

Sending off offence?

IT WASN'T AN OVERHEAD KICK. fuck me :lol:

It was a challenge, a challenge in which he lunged in 'dangerously' (in the opinion of referee and assistant) in the general direction of player and/or ball. Regardless of whether it was a foul or not, he was always going to get sent off.

Hadaway n shite.

Guest sicko2ndbest

What on earth does that mean btw? :dowie:

Are you after an ego massaging?

Are we to outlaw overhead kicks in the area now from a corner now by the way just in case the player attempting the kick might hurt a defender even though he's in control of the situation?

No, because that isn't a tackle. If there was a string of serious incidents from overhead kicks I guarantee the FA would head in that direction though.

If the player's in the air and not really in control of his body at that point, what's the difference?

Although it was a good tackle, it could easily have gone wrong. Nee chance of it getting rescinded.

This, however, is balls. His intent was what he executed: take advantage of a loose touch by jumping in front of the player and hooking the ball. It was still dangerous, however.

this is madness. in a forum there'll always be people that just like to disagree, but why aren't we all unanimous in this? maybe its naivity.....

Or maybe it's blind faith from people with black and white specs on?

I still maintain that if the roles were reversed, and it was a Stevenage player in question, there would be outrage on this forum.