Are we safe now? YES WE ARE!

oldtype

I just did thee predictor thing, with a little twist. I had every result going against us as we currently stand in the table, all 1-0, so the lower club always beats the higher placed team by 1-0 with the exception of our games where we lose them all 1-0.

The result was that we finished 4th bottom on goal difference, so in essence we are mathematically safe, assuming our GD stays where it's at in relation to the others at the bottom.

I just did thee predictor thing, with a little twist. I had every result going against us as we currently stand in the table, all 1-0, so the lower club always beats the higher placed team by 1-0 with the exception of our games where we lose them all 1-0.

The result was that we finished 4th bottom on goal difference, so in essence we are mathematically safe, assuming our GD stays where it's at in relation to the others at the bottom.

:thup:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/predictor/default.stm

I have managed to come up with a set of results that sees us relegated, but it requires things like Blackpool winning at White Hart Lane and Old Trafford so has to be filed under "unlikely"

Had a go and with a set of admittedly freak results, we could end up bottom of the table. So we are definitely not mathematically safe!  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

I don't know what ykmk was doing, but I had all the results go against us and we finished 18th :lol:

Chelsea won the title by 6 points, Liverpool got 5th, Sunderland finished 12th and Newcastle, Wolves, West Ham went down :D

http://i54.tinypic.com/2cnuz5v.jpg

Shows that the title race is far from over.

Man U's next two games (Arsenal, Chelsea) will decide it. This ^ is them losing both those games.

looks like tonight wigan will be 4 points behind us and blackburn 3, wolves have the easier run in of all the teams down there. think we'll stop up but if brum get the points up here next week there could be some undercrackers getting binned instead of washed.

looks like tonight wigan will be 4 points behind us and blackburn 3, wolves have the easier run in of all the teams down there. think we'll stop up but if brum get the points up here next week there could be some undercrackers getting binned instead of washed.

Yup we need 3 more points

We have 41 points with 12 to play for.

The most any of the bottom four can get is 45 points, and barring a miracle they'd still have a vastly inferior goal difference.

true but wolves have an easy run, if that makes sense. in my mind i'm already putting tomorrow and chelsea down as defeats so if brum get 3 points off us next week we could be going into the last week with relegation a possibility. don't think it'll go like that but right now it's very possible.

The most any of the bottom four can get is 45 points, and barring a miracle they'd still have a vastly inferior goal difference.

true but wolves have an easy run, if that makes sense. in my mind i'm already putting tomorrow and chelsea down as defeats so if brum get 3 points off us next week we could be going into the last week with relegation a possibility. don't think it'll go like that but right now it's very possible.

Blackpool's fixtures are terrible.

Blackpool's fixtures are terrible.

cheers, hadn't looked but i'm breathing easier. so thats blackpool, west ham.............just had a look and think 41points will be 18th place.

Guest sicko2ndbest

All teams below us have to get to 42 people don't forget

Wigan 2wins and a draw from 3

Blackpool same

West ham 3 wins and a draw from 4

fucking unlikely. If wolves lose tomorrow they need to win all 3 of there last 3. West Ham have no chance. Blackpool have Man U and Spurs.

Wigan still to go to Stoke and play West Ham. Unlikely the bottom 4 will change from what it is now imho.