Darren Bent Signs for Aston Villa

Guest neesy111

Albrighton      Downing          Young

Bent

Not a bad front four. I suspect their season will be defined by the 7 behind them though.

We have three problems.

1. Create lots of chances, but can't score.

2. Central midfield lightweight, which adds more pressure to:

3. Iffy defence.

Bent will hopefully sort 1, Makoun will help with 2 and 3.

Walker has already helped the defence, but we're still a little fragile.

Bent

Not a bad front four. I suspect their season will be defined by the 7 behind them though.

We have three problems.

3. Iffy defence.

Makoun is the more important signing IMO, if it comes off. He will help settle the team and cover the defence.

Once you have a solid foundation, you should pick up points and score a few goals (with Bent).

Bent

We have three problems.

3. Iffy defence.

Makoun is the more important signing IMO, if it comes off. He will help settle the team and cover the defence.

Once you have a solid foundation, you should pick up points and score a few goals (with Bent).

Makoun signed last week - five million euros.

Interesting that Villa are such a mess as a defensive unit, always thought O'Neill was rather good at keeping it tight.

The main problem is the centre of midfield not being strong enough and putting pressure on the back four. That, and Warnock having been a nightmare for almost 12 months now.

Against Man United, we started with Jonathon Hogg (who most VIlla fans had quite literally never heard of until this season) and Barry Bannan in the middle. About 3 starts between them.

Interesting that Villa are such a mess as a defensive unit, always thought O'Neill was rather good at keeping it tight.

The main problem is the centre of midfield not being strong enough and putting pressure on the back four. That, and Warnock having been a nightmare for almost 12 months now.

Aren't Liverpool looking to sign Warnock?  Surely he's no better than Konchesky and Aurelio?  Bet you're laughing if he goes.

Aren't Liverpool looking to sign Warnock?  Surely he's no better than Konchesky and Aurelio?  Bet you're laughing if he goes.

I read one of their forums last night. "Thank god, he's got to be better than Konchesky".

Errr, sorry, no, he's not, not on his form of the last 12 months.

Against Man United, we started with Jonathon Hogg (who most VIlla fans had quite literally never heard of until this season) and Barry Bannan in the middle. About 3 starts between them.

Saw Bannan in the Scotland friendly last year.  Looked very good, although it was against the Faroes.

Saw Bannan in the Scotland friendly last year.  Looked very good, although it was against the Faroes.

Oh, don't get me wrong, he's a very promising player - the goal involving him and Albrighton at Fulham was a beauty - it's just that, ideally, you wouldnt pitch him (5 ft nothing) and Jonathan Hogg in the centre against Man United.

I see... looking at your squad the only midfielders I'd presume to have some bite going for them are NRC and maybe Petrov (does he still have legs?). Aren't you playing that boy Clark in the middle too?

I see... looking at your squad the only midfielders I'd presume to have some bite going for them are NRC and maybe Petrov (does he still have legs?). Aren't you playing that boy Clark in the middle too?

Clark has played in the middle at times, and done very well (him, Gary Gardner and Albrighton are the three youngsters I have highest hopes for). He's been playing at LB recently instead of Warnock

NRC is out of contract in the summer and will be moved on, and Petrov doesn't have the legs any more, really.

What happens to Gabby?

On way out?

I don't know, but I do have a sneaking feeling Houllier doesn't fancy him.

I'd give him a shot here alongside Carroll, although I'd imagine you's would still demand quite a fee?

He's still got four years or so on his contract, I think, and enough people seem to rate him highly for him to attract a decent fee, although to be honest, a big part of me thinks "Luke Moore" every time I see Gabby

What happens to Gabby?

On way out?

Gabby     Bent

Young  Makoun  Petrov    Downing

??

Friedel

Walker - Cuellar - Collins - Clark

Makoun - SomeoneElse

Downing - Young - Albrighton

Bent

Is what I reckon he's thinking of. I can't see him dropping Albrighton, so have no idea where that leaves Gabby.

EDIT - that SomeoneElse will almost certainly be Fabian Delph, come to think of it.

Gary Glitter is going to be the new Aston Villa manager after he heard the strikers were Young and Bent.

That's 235 times. This morning.

;)

Young, Bent and potentially Keane?

(or has that been said too :( )

As the Barenaked Ladies sang: "It's All Been Done"

Bent

We have three problems.

3. Iffy defence.

I knew you had signed him, i meant if he's any good in this league.

Bent

We have three problems.

3. Iffy defence.

I knew you had signed him, i meant if he's any good in this league.

Ah, got you.

Yes, the words "Djemba" and "Djemba" have sprung to mind a bit recently.