Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are there any quotes anywhere stating that we don't pay anything until he plays or is that one of those cases where enough people have said it so it must be true?

Pardew added: “Stephen is on a pay-as-you-play basis because of the fact of his injury. We took a chance he would be back by now, but he is not.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/04/01/no-pressure-to-put-stephen-ireland-in-the-mix-72703-28441653/2/#ixzz1IYBeiXvR

This is getting a bit silly now like, how can somebody possibly be touch and go for about 4-5 consecutive games (in the space of about 2 month). Either Pardew is just flat out lying, or our medical staff realy are the complete s**** that they seem.

There's no need to play him as long as we keep the PL-spot. And we're not paying Villa before he plays. The best thing is that we will be able to buy him for much lower price. So I don't see any problem.

This is getting a bit silly now like, how can somebody possibly be touch and go for about 4-5 consecutive games (in the space of about 2 month). Either Pardew is just flat out lying, or our medical staff realy are the complete s**** that they seem.

There's no need to play him as long as we keep the PL-spot. And we're not paying Villa before he plays. The best thing is that we will be able to buy him for much lower price. So I don't see any problem.

You would buy him?

Would be funny if it turns out that is the reason why he isn't playing.

Never thought he would be involved against Wolves after that comment from Pardew and with him not being allowed to play at Villa.

Hopefully he will play for the stiffs tomorrow but I doubt it.

I'm quite sure we will at least try and buy him at a knock-down price.

Guest Stephen927

Maybe it's a case of waiting for him to be at a level where he can complete 90 minutes from the start. You wouldn't bring on the lad with 20 minutes to go and the game won knowing it's going to cost x amount.

Guest palnese

Maybe it's a case of waiting for him to be at a level where he can complete 90 minutes from the start. You wouldn't bring on the lad with 20 minutes to go and the game won knowing it's going to cost x amount.

Well, the higher we finish in the league, the higher the income.

You would buy him?

Why not? Even if he doesn't play a single game, we'll have had 5 months to run the rule over him in training and check whether he has the right mentality to work well with the players we have.

If we end up buying him, we'll have a much better idea of what we're getting and all without having to pay for the priviledge.

You would buy him?

Instantly, if we get him on the cheap. He's worth the risk. He's one of the best CM in the country if he manages to get his life back on track. He got the eye for a pass and a goal.  We buy a potential £25-30 mill player for a lousy £4-5.  So normally he's way out of our price range. But thanks to  his troubles, he's now affordable. He may fail, but the odds are in our advantage. It's obvious that he got talent (unlike Smith, Boumsong etc )

If i were manager, he'd have to put in six fucking magical performances for me to even consider buying him in the summer. Centre-midfield's far from a necessity and this douche-bag is clearly a lot of effort.

Not sure about this bloke at all, he seems to be made of glass. How can we seriously put an offer in when he will have played zero - very few games for us.

Not interested in buying players with long time ago previous performances

Instantly, if we get him on the cheap. He's worth the risk. He's one of the best CM in the country if he manages to get his life back on track. He got the eye for a pass and a goal.  We buy a potential £25-30 mill player for a lousy £4-5.  So normally he's way out of our price range. But thanks to  his troubles, he's now affordable. He may fail, but the odds are in our advantage. It's obvious that he got talent (unlike Smith, Boumsong etc )

:lol:

Why not? Even if he doesn't play a single game, we'll have had 5 months to run the rule over him in training and check whether he has the right mentality to work well with the players we have.

If we end up buying him, we'll have a much better idea of what we're getting and all without having to pay for the priviledge.

This is a very good point.

:lol:

FFS! We got £35 for Carroll, and Wickham's price is believed to be around £15 mill..So and Ireland in shape is waay out of our pricerange.

Guest Antec

Rock bottom transfer fee and wages I can definitely see us taking a gamble on him. He appears to have burnt his bridges at villa so it's not impossible to imagine

Minimising risk: buying someone who's been gash for the last two years based solely on how he performs in a few months' training. :lol:

Er, no.

Whether the people who work with him day in day out and who might have a better understanding of his previous form choose to buy him or not; Having him here to assess his ability to get on with, and add to the squad, for fuck all outlay, is still a very positive thing in my humble opinion.

Guest palnese

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy Yoda admitted his side had endured a bad day at the office as they slipped into 19th place, but promised they will be better when they entertain Everton next Saturday.

He said: “Newcastle, I don’t feel, have ever been an easy touch up here.