Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I was one of them :idiot2:

At least you've admitted it, anybody else want to confess?

In my defence I had no idea just how much of a nut-case Ireland actually is and thought that he would be motivated enough to recapture his early Man' City form.  What a loon - both of us.

In my defence I had no idea just how much of a nut-case Ireland actually is and thought that he would be motivated enough to recapture his early Man' City form.  What a loon - both of us.

The blokes a prick.

Guest Heneage

:fishing:

I think he's alright.

If we had signed him permanently, I'd have had to see a lot of concessions (fee & wages mainly) to be happy with the deal. I don't believe his form with City was some purple patch that will never return, he's always had talent, sometimes he's lacked the conviction and professionalism to use that talent. His loan spell here didn't help because he played about twenty minutes and didn't get much of a chance to do anything. I think given Ba's intelligent running he would have had a good outlet, and provided a nice compliment to Cabaye.

£2-3m on 30k a week I'd have been content to try him.

Strange player. Has the talent to outplay Chelsea away but probably won't do anything for another 18 months.

agreed. was an outrageous performance from him, so good, but he's not reliable at all. however i do think we should go for an attacking midfielder/withdrawn striker to play off Ba, let Ben Arfa take up a role in a front three.

Bold to say he won't do anything in the next 18 months.

He's done nothing in the 18 months before today, he hasn't seemed that interested in playing for a while but he might change.  I doubt many clubs would be daft enough to take a gamble on him so for me he does it at Villa or doesn't do it at all.

Guest Heneage

Bold to say he won't do anything in the next 18 months.

He's done nothing in the 18 months before today, he hasn't seemed that interested in playing for a while but he might change.  I doubt many clubs would be daft enough to take a gamble on him so for me he does it at Villa or doesn't do it at all.

We aren't debating if someone will buy him though.

honestly I hope he can keep up the level of performance he produced yesterday hes a brilliant player to watch when he's at his best

Given Villa are potentially a rival for the Top 6/7/8 spots, i'd rather he didn't. He won't anyway.