MLS

Kaizero

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure, like Cole, he's earned enough already to live comfortably on a measly ~$300K/year or whatever if he still wants to play.

Edit: It seems Roma is still paying quite a bit of his salary on top of that. Oh well.

I'm sure there are many many many other places he would go to ahead of the USA if he wasn't getting big money. There is no reason to move your family all that way unless you're getting majorly reimbursed. Nobody actually wants to play in MLS.

He probably wouldn't have got as much from MLS as he would from China/Middle East even with a DP contract on the table, so the fact he still considered MLS at all suggests he's got more than just money on his mind.

At the end of the day, he's still a cunt and I don't much care what he chooses to do. Just don't think MLS clubs should be really opening their wallets for him.

If they can play for a New York, LA or Miami team they'll be there in an instant. Party/Celebrity central.

Yes I'm sure the opportunities for John Terry to party in London are slim pickins.

He probably wouldn't have got as much from MLS as he would from China/Middle East even with a DP contract on the table, so the fact he still considered MLS at all suggests he's got more than just money on his mind.

At the end of the day, he's still a cunt and I don't much care what he chooses to do. Just don't think MLS clubs should be really opening their wallets for him.

Just because he would prefer to go to a nation other than China, it doesn't mean he's envisioning going to the US because he's desperate to play in such a promising up-and-coming league, or better yet desperate to move to gods country. He just wants money.

Also, Liam fucking Ridgewell is a designated player.

If they can play for a New York, LA or Miami team they'll be there in an instant. Party/Celebrity central.

Yes I'm sure the opportunities for John Terry to party in London are slim pickins.

London. Blergh. USA-lite.

Just because he would prefer to go to a nation other than China, it doesn't mean he's envisioning going to the US because he's desperate to play in such a promising up-and-coming league, or better yet desperate to move to gods country. He just wants money.

Also, Liam fucking Ridgewell is a designated player.

I haven't suggested anything like that. Don't think he gives a shit about MLS as a league, other than it being some place he can prolong his career by a couple seasons. Could be that the combination of the U.S. American city "X" being a hell of a lot nicer place to live than China + opportunity to play (while still making a decent amount of money) is what's drawn him. Just as it drew the likes of Pirlo, Villa, Gerrard, Lampard, etc.

Just looked it up, the DP wage cutoff is less than $8,000 p/w ffs :lol: About £5300 in real money. Right now he's apparently on £130,000 p/w. I know he'll not be getting that money no matter what, but you're absolutely fucking insane if you think he's going to drop £125k.

He'll come to the MLS on a normal salary the day that Freddy Adu becomes a world class player.

:lol: you're just stringing me along, aren't you.

I'm not! I should've probably said one "good" player. Or one player from the PL. Or one exceptionally well known player. Not just "1 player" :lol:

:lol: I never said he would! Just that there are other reasons he might consider a move for less money than he'd get elsewhere. How much a hit he'd be willing to take is a different question. Though I'm sure there are plenty of ways for MLS clubs to work their way through the swirling morass that is the MLS salary cap system to pay him enough without giving up a DP slot. Nigel de Jong is somehow not a DP despite making a fair bit of coon. Cole neither.

Anyway, my original point was just that I don't think clubs should be throwing DP money at him. I don't think he's worth it. If he doesn't come to MLS because of it, whatever. :lol:

:lol: you're just stringing me along, aren't you.

I'm not! I should've probably said one "good" player. Or one player from the PL. Or one exceptionally well known player. Not just "1 player" :lol:

:lol: was ready to bring the walls down with names like Zat Knight and Nigel Reo-Coker