MLS

Kaizero

Not sure why that 3rd goal was disallowed, tbh. No flag or anything from the linesman?

It's like they purposefully disallowed to stop the mayhem. Too many goals... malfunction.... quick, offside! :lol:

Not sure why that 3rd goal was disallowed, tbh. No flag or anything from the linesman?

It's like they purposefully disallowed to stop the mayhem. Too many goals... malfunction.... quick, offside! :lol:

It honestly did feel like that.

I totally agree. And this is coming from someone who sometimes (very few... honest) goes to their games. I feel like I should be more supportive, but honestly they just piss me off and have done for years. I am a self-hating miserable bastard obviously. I bemoan NUFC's failure and take no joy in LA's victories... the worst of both worlds.

So I decided to watch the Galaxy v Sounders game last night and it was quite enjoyable, in large part due  to the chaotic defending. Gary Neville and Carragher would be pulling their hair out. Why is the MLS defending so bad? :lol:.

It seems to be the same across most MLS games I've seen. Professional players who don't have a clue where they should be positionally, very little organization in the defence, players diving in to needless tackles.

It really doesn't surprise me that the likes of Bradley Wright Phillips (who struggled in the English 3rd division) can get 20+ a season. Why don't teams concrete on improving their defence?

NYCFC sacks Jason Kreis

Unless they're planning on throwing money at some big name European manager (which isn't improbable), they won't find many better stateside. Kreis knows how to win in MLS. Unrealistic to expect them to make the playoffs in their first season as a club, regardless of how much money they threw at the likes of Lampard, Pirlo, and Villa. Kreis should've been given time to form his own team. Looks like NYCFC will be employing their parent club's method of shoehorning as many expensive signings into the side as possible. At least they'll be just as easy to hate.

Thing is I don't think Man City have really done that. They've actually built their side in quite a dull non-galactico way, making sensible signings and building a balanced squad. I mean imagine having an unlimited budget and signing the likes of Fernando and Milner. Although I suppose in the early Robinho, Tevez, Adebayor years they did.

I think it's definitely better now than it had been, as they've made shrewd "under-the-radar" (compared to Sterling or KDB, for example) signings like Fernandinho and Mangala and are starting to introduce younger players like Roberts and Iheanacho. I have a feeling NYCFC is going to be a mirror image of those early sheikh-money years at City, at least as much as is possible given league-imposed financial constraints.

I know a lot of people around the league feel there was internal pressure on Kreis to build around both Lampard and Pirlo, regardless of what he wanted to do, to the detriment of the team as a whole...individually they both played well but having them together in the side it was often a mess. And they really didn't do a great job putting together the rest of squad, defense in particular was terrible.