MLS

Kaizero

Capello, while fucking awful, wouldn't be too bad for NYCFC.

1) The level of tactics deployed in MLS is abysmal. You don't need to be a genius to put something together and have it work.

2) A big part of NYCFC's problems this season come from the fact that Lampard, Villa, and Pirlo aren't going to give a shit what Jason Kreis has to say about anything. They need someone in charge that they respect. Capello could be that person.

Vieira is a great appointment on paper. Someone on the up rather than winding down like Capello. Also a big enough name to command respect from everyone on the team.

The biggest challenge I can see for a foreign coach being the convoluted transfer system and recruitment rules in MLS. I don't think the football side of things will be too tricky. He knows a thing or two about playing a physical, athletic style. You assume he'll have help with the transfer sides of things, but considering he turned us down due to the lack of control over recruitment you have to wonder how long it'll last.

Seattle/Dallas has been fantastic, two goals in a minute to probably force extra time

Seattle didn't come to play. Putting Roldan at left back was a terrible idea. He was beaten time and time again.

The penalty takers they picked were shit too.

We bottle it every year. Deserve everything we get.

I hope this is Sigi's last year. I'm done with the same old crap post-season performances.

• 3 weeks later...

MLS announce plans to implement video replays for controversial decisions :sweetjesus:

MLS is probably the best league to trial this concept in.  The US culture supports Video Replay and will be willing to work through the kinks of how to apply this.

Based on the MLS Cup yesterday (Portlands goal #2) they may want to bring this in quicker than planned.

What a calamity of errors for all three goals.  Quite an exciting game, but not exactly a brochure for high quality football.

Was a pretty awful game in all regards, despite the entertainment value. Really glad it was a Columbus/Portland final though, two teams with younger managers who play a nice style generally, which is always good for the league.

Anyway, mostly just hoping Garber dropping a hint about a potential Detroit team wasn't just a tease.

Late to this, but hats off to Liam Ridgewell. Quite the career turnaround. Premier League squad player to a pretty big deal in the MLS.

Thought Kemar looked good for Jamaica, too. I remember him having a good game against Argentina at some point, too.