MLS

Kaizero

The script is too perfect for LA here. Just hope it's a good game without any crazy ref decisions.

Win or loss, the revs have been able to crack into the local media here which has never happened. Talk radio guys discussing the team and sport, rumors of a new stadium made the front page of the paper. Progress is being made everywhere.

how's the culmination of the MLS season going then lads. Teams fighting for their lives to stay up? battling hard to get into European places? scrapping for lucrative higher positions in the league?

oh wait 3rd is playing 4th for the trophy and everybody else is on the beach, cool.

how's the culmination of the MLS season going then lads. Teams fighting for their lives to stay up? battling hard to get into European places? scrapping for lucrative higher positions in the league?

oh wait 3rd is playing 4th for the trophy and everybody else is on the beach, cool.

why so mean, sewellz?

Went to watch this at the pub (The Globe - Chicagoans). I've watched a few MLS games now and been quite enjoying it, this one was pretty s*** though. And I wanted NE to win. MLS seems to have its charms though, and while footy isn't that big here, it seems like those that are are proper into it. Particularly liked watching Seattle.

(I can take the word 'soccer', but please stop saying EPL and PK)

To be fair isn't the play in a cup final always poor though? With a lower standard of players it just shows through even more.

It was more the fact that the players appeared not to have even slight ability. Ishizaki trying to kick forward and instead kicking it with his standing foot sideways, the set piece-takers drifting the ball out every single time (even one of the goals was from a free kick hitting the one-man wall), Zardes inexplicably launching the ball 10 feet in the air with every touch, crosses hitting the crossbar, foul throws etc etc. Also, Chris Tierney watching an offside trap happen 5 yards on front of him and keeping Keane onside then being described as one of their best players and that it's "hard to watch the ball over the top and watch the diagonal runner" ??? he's looking right along the line!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-S7K8UPCxNDI/VITih_ac8bI/AAAAAAAABm0/z-cji1UH2-U/s1600/tierney-caught.gif

The baffling thing is the reaction to it on the internet (not here, of course). Jermaine Jones was apparently "phenomenal in the second half" and a "gladiator" despite putting in one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a player. Been trying to find detailed stats but I'd be surprised if his pass completion in the final third was above 20%. Also made a horrific lunge on Donovan and was fouling all over the shop. Also seen MOTM nominations for Ishizaki, Farrell and others who were also turgid gash. That Kobayashi who came on must have gave the ball away every time he got it. I've seen good matches in MLS but this was a bad advert for the product.

He's decent for the MLS. Although has no real position. He's a ball playing CB / decent DM, but he comes a little short at the physical aspects of CB, and comes a little short at the passing aspects of playing in MF. He has time to improve though.

I'd assume it's most likely he's seen as a DM, he's much more likely to improve at that role, given he's unlikely to grow 8 inches taller anytime soon.

True.

Word is we're trying to sign 20-year old Carlos Rivas from Deportivo Cali (Colombian club) to play LW.

He'd play wide left of Adrian Heath's 4-2-3-1, with Kaka central and Kyle Molino RW.

We need to get a good striker; wish Dom Dwyer would come back (:lol:)