The Loan System.

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Wearside

It would also stop clubs like Sunderland continually having a significant number of loanees in their squad. If it is to remain as it is, it should be no more than 2 per season, regardless of the players origin.

what they've been doing is flagrant abuse of the system, a premier league club with 5 loanees possibly in the first team is ridiculous

You do realise the clubs we get all these "loanees" from will all have had a loan fee paid don't you?In effect teams are paying a fee to sign a player on a one year contract,some managers are just very good at playing the system and looking at the league table it's working to unbelievable effect.

I've never liked the loan system tbh. Think it should be scraped completely. You be playing against your oppositions best team not their best 8 or 9 players plus a couple they've borrowed for other teams with better squads.

I don't see why we should scrap it. The issue of stockpiling players should be dealt with by the new 25 squad list.

But wouldn't players loaned out be outside of that 25?

Yeah, then why have them?

Think we might have our wires crossed. What I meant was that clubs could stockpile players because they could still loan out anyone who is in excess of 25 players... and bring them back if they did any good.

I've long thought the whole loan system needs scrapping to stop the wealthier clubs stockpiling players.

Agree, made a thread on it a while back.

I did have some sympathy for it, but it's now distorting the lower divisions too much as well. Loaning in the same division is patently wrong, there just doesn't seem to be much need for debate there.

I'd say no loans (in) allowed for the Prem (unless you have two keepers injured), one per team for the Champ, two per team for Divs 1 & 2. Maybe restrict it to Under-23. Those are pretty arbitrary restrictions, but what the hell.

I actually think the transfer windows are a good idea, but the Leagues need to tear up the loan system and start again.

I don't see why we should scrap it. The issue of stockpiling players should be dealt with by the new 25 squad list.

The problem with that is that players under 21 don't have to be included in that 25 man squad, thus having zero effect on the problem of "hoovering up" talent