Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

If I remember correctly the Leazes level 4 corner apparently has the lowest number of season ticket holders according to Jordan (who was advised of this by the club). That was why they decided to move there.

Can't be much in it between there and the Gallowgate Upper Tier though. When tickets for home games go on sale 4 of the 5 sections in Gallowgate show as "good" availability and the other section shows as "very good". Also the Gallowgate Upper has a larger capacity than North West corner L4.

Just bought one in the Upper just now. Excellant availabilty. My row has only myself and one or two more that have been in for the long haul. The rest have gave up the ghost.

If I remember correctly the Leazes level 4 corner apparently has the lowest number of season ticket holders according to Jordan (who was advised of this by the club). That was why they decided to move there.

Can't be much in it between there and the Gallowgate Upper Tier though. When tickets for home games go on sale 4 of the 5 sections in Gallowgate show as "good" availability and the other section shows as "very good". Also the Gallowgate Upper has a larger capacity than North West corner L4.

Just bought one in the Upper just now. Excellant availabilty. My row has only myself and one or two more that have been in for the long haul. The rest have gave up the ghost.

Was up there for the Chelsea game in November and couldn't believe how empty it was. The Gallowgate Upper must hold 4,000 and there can't be much more than 1,000 season ticket holders up there these days. Atmosphere was still canny mind with most people where I was standing for the entire match as well. That's why I think it would be ideal for a new singing section.

Gallowgate would be mean for an atmosphere, its very compact so noise would reverberate beautifully. I'm an inhabitant of NWC L4 and I'm unsure about renewing if all the L7 come down, no disrespect to you all though but I cant be chewed with a lot of the younger ones (I'm young myself tbh) spouting embarrassing shite all game.

How much support do you think there would be for a singing section in the Gallowgate.

To be honest that would be my preferred choice. I've been going since the early 80's and the Gallowgate has always been the "home" end as far as i'm concerned although i'm aware that people aged 45+ would disagree with me mind. I just think it's the best stand in terms of it's design for generating the most noise and other added bonuses are that the upper tier has very few season ticket holders in it at present and a lot of those who are there this season (upper tier) already stand/sing for the 90 minutes. Add that to the fact that it's always been the end that the players like to attack in the 2nd half and it's a no brainer as far as i'm concerned.

The argument about it not being near enough to the away fans doesn't wash with me. If you look at the traditional "home ends" in England like the Kop, the Holte end, Stretford End, The old North Bank and so on they were always at the opposite end of the ground to the away support but it didn't stop them making a hell of a din when they wanted to.

Leazes End is the home end mind!!

The reason we attack the Gallowgate End in the 2nd half is because of the geet big slope. It's downhill so much better attacking downhill in the 2nd half when players are getting tired.

How much support do you think there would be for a singing section in the Gallowgate.

To be honest that would be my preferred choice. I've been going since the early 80's and the Gallowgate has always been the "home" end as far as i'm concerned although i'm aware that people aged 45+ would disagree with me mind. I just think it's the best stand in terms of it's design for generating the most noise and other added bonuses are that the upper tier has very few season ticket holders in it at present and a lot of those who are there this season (upper tier) already stand/sing for the 90 minutes. Add that to the fact that it's always been the end that the players like to attack in the 2nd half and it's a no brainer as far as i'm concerned.

The argument about it not being near enough to the away fans doesn't wash with me. If you look at the traditional "home ends" in England like the Kop, the Holte end, Stretford End, The old North Bank and so on they were always at the opposite end of the ground to the away support but it didn't stop them making a hell of a din when they wanted to.

The reason we attack the Gallowgate End in the 2nd half is because of the geet big slope. It's downhill so much better attacking downhill in the 2nd half when players are getting tired.

i don't think the slope exists anymore.

I sit in level 7 Milburn and i can categorically state that it does. have a look at the east Stand, at the leazes end the fron row is pitch level whereas at the Gallowgate end it's a canny bit higher than pitch level. It is a very noticeable slope.

I sit in level 7 Milburn and i can categorically state that it does. have a look at the east Stand, at the leazes end the fron row is pitch level whereas at the Gallowgate end it's a canny bit higher than pitch level. It is a very noticeable slope.

Pretty sure its still there like, went on a stadium tour a year or so ago and the bloke mentioned it.

Pretty sure its still there like, went on a stadium tour a year or so ago and the bloke mentioned it.

Deffo a slope of about 18inch from leazes down to gallowgate

Guest Tall Striker

Instead of arguing over whether it's better or not to do Gallowgate or Leazes, how about just suggesting both? Surely more noise coming from opposite ends of the stadium would be a good thing?

The slope can be easily seen if you note how the concrete below the bottom row of seats in the Milburn narrows to nothing as you look from the Gallowgate to the Leazes.

Probably about a rise of about two feet.

Guest toonlass

My mate who I sit next to at the match has just been on the phone to the box office about moving our seats for next season, he asked about moving to level 4 from level 7 and she just said(quite stroppily according to him) "you'll be moved to where there's space!"

Customer care at it's very best again NUFC

My mate who I sit next to at the match has just been on the phone to the box office about moving our seats for next season, he asked about moving to level 4 from level 7 and she just said(quite stroppily according to him) "you'll be moved to where there's space!"

Customer care at it's very best again NUFC

Very suprised at that as i've always found the ticket office staff very helpful on the very rare occasions i've had a problem. What did he ring them for anyway? Surely if you're being moved you just need to state the area you wish to move into on your renewal when you send it in unless i'm missing something here rather than having to ring them up. Simple maths would dictacte that if evey season ticket holder in Leazes corner wants to move down to Level 4 they can as there's plenty space for everyone and they have already been told they get priority over any other ST holder wanting to relocate.

I wonder if the current level 4 ST holders are being "warned" about their new neighbours for next season?

Guest toonlass

He phoned up because he had a few questions he wanted answered. Hardly beyond the box office's job description to help with ticketing is it? And why should people be "warned" about others moving near to them? Not everyone in level 7 is a drunken charver idiot you know! Shock, horror! People at football matches wanting to sing and chant! If others need a warning of this then maybe they should be rethinking their leisure time plans.

Guest icemanblue

He phoned up because he had a few questions he wanted answered. Hardly beyond the box office's job description to help with ticketing is it? And why should people be "warned" about others moving near to them? Not everyone in level 7 is a drunken charver idiot you know! Shock, horror! People at football matches wanting to sing and chant! If others need a warning of this then maybe they should be rethinking their leisure time plans.

Urgh.

I'd imagine that it's this kind of attitude which will be causing concern to the club, and those who already hold a season ticket in the L4 corner.

So what is happening to the space that is currently the singing section?

Away fans extended.

Family Enclosure extended

And the 18-21 section will be next to the away supporters. Going to be interesting for the stewards.

Guest Roger Kint

So what is happening to the space that is currently the singing section?

Away fans extended.

Young Adults section introduced.

Family Enclosure extended

FYP