Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

Guest Roger Kint

How much support do you think there would be for a singing section in the Gallowgate.

If you nick my seat before i can afford to renew i will take you out one at a time! :shifty:

Seriously though it has plenty of pay as you go seats in the top tier, several hundred in my block so if you can fill it up from the back wall down then there wont be any complaints

Does anyone know what date the direct debit will come out of your bank account if you opt for the annual 10 year direct debit option?

There is an option to tick on the dd form for either 1st or 15th.

Yeah I've seen that but thought it was for the monthly installments.

I'm currently in the Leazes to the left of the goal, quite fancy moving what can I do to move to the corner? Do I have to wait and check availability after the L7 corner have shifted?

Just got my renewal today and am hoping someone can clarify something for me.

If i take the option of 10 years price fix i pay £504 compared to £558 if i bought a one off. 

They say you can opt out every year so say 4 years time for whatever reason i decide im not going to renew, can NUFC ask that you pay the difference between the fixed price ST and 1 year standard St IE: £54?

Meaning can they ask for £54 difference x the number of years held = £216 ?

Can anyone shed any light  ???

Certainly hope they can't ask for the difference, but then again, what's to stop someone who only wants to commit for one season, taking out the 10 yr plan then opting out next yr, just to keep costs down for a season? I suppose the 10 yr option wouldn't then be available next yr, and if they wanted to renew, they'd have to pay the full whack.

How much support do you think there would be for a singing section in the Gallowgate.

To be honest that would be my preferred choice. I've been going since the early 80's and the Gallowgate has always been the "home" end as far as i'm concerned although i'm aware that people aged 45+ would disagree with me mind. I just think it's the best stand in terms of it's design for generating the most noise and other added bonuses are that the upper tier has very few season ticket holders in it at present and a lot of those who are there this season (upper tier) already stand/sing for the 90 minutes. Add that to the fact that it's always been the end that the players like to attack in the 2nd half and it's a no brainer as far as i'm concerned.

The argument about it not being near enough to the away fans doesn't wash with me. If you look at the traditional "home ends" in England like the Kop, the Holte end, Stretford End, The old North Bank and so on they were always at the opposite end of the ground to the away support but it didn't stop them making a hell of a din when they wanted to.

Just got my renewal today and am hoping someone can clarify something for me.

If i take the option of 10 years price fix i pay £504 compared to £558 if i bought a one off. 

They say you can opt out every year so say 4 years time for whatever reason i decide im not going to renew, can NUFC ask that you pay the difference between the fixed price ST and 1 year standard St IE: £54?

Meaning can they ask for £54 difference x the number of years held = £216 ?

Can anyone shed any light  ???

Certainly hope they can't ask for the difference, but then again, what's to stop someone who only wants to commit for one season, taking out the 10 yr plan then opting out next yr, just to keep costs down for a season? I suppose the 10 yr option wouldn't then be available next yr, and if they wanted to renew, they'd have to pay the full whack.

Im sure with the 3 year deal that we had preciously if you wanted to cancel you had to pay the difference, cant remember though.

I'm currently in the Leazes to the left of the goal, quite fancy moving what can I do to move to the corner? Do I have to wait and check availability after the L7 corner have shifted?

If you want the 12 month DD you would probably still have to renew your current seat before the end of the month (end of April for 10 month DD) and then get a transfer once season tickets are realeased for general sale. Probably worth just ringing up or better still going along in person if you can. From what I can gather it seems that they are being pretty helpful up there these days.

I transferred from the Leazes to the Gallowgate a few years back when I had my ST because I didn't fancy sitting underneath the away fans and they couldn't have been more helpful on that occasion.

To be honest that would be my preferred choice. I've been going since the early 80's and the Gallowgate has always been the "home" end as far as i'm concerned although i'm aware that people aged 45+ would disagree with me mind. I just think it's the best stand in terms of it's design for generating the most noise and other added bonuses are that the upper tier has very few season ticket holders in it at present and a lot of those who are there this season (upper tier) already stand/sing for the 90 minutes. Add that to the fact that it's always been the end that the players like to attack in the 2nd half and it's a no brainer as far as i'm concerned.

The argument about it not being near enough to the away fans doesn't wash with me. If you look at the traditional "home ends" in England like the Kop, the Holte end, Stretford End, The old North Bank and so on they were always at the opposite end of the ground to the away support but it didn't stop them making a hell of a din when they wanted to.

Right  :thup:

Right about the owld bastaads too - the Leazes End was our "kop" and probably louder than anywhere. It wasn't a "singing section"  just an end where nearly 20,000 people under one roof sang on occasions non-stop through the whole game.

Rose tinted specs maybe but it was a bloody awesome experience.

I always believed the Leazes was where the singing came from. When the roof was taken off everyone migrated to the Gallowgate in the 80's. Thus the noise moved there. Players like Shearer and Clark etc. would have stood in the Gallowgate because that's where the noise came from.

So when they played for us they wanted to attack the Gallowgate in the second half and its obviously stuck. That and the slight slope leading down to the Gallowgate.

I'm slightly biased mind as i've always been in the Leazes mind :)

I've sat in L7 for the last 5 seasons and ive never had a season ticket in a different stand. However, its obivious as far as singing sections go the best place to relocate is the Gallowgate. It is perfectly designed for a brilliant atmosphere unlike L4....which is not and also has a low number of current ST holders. Plus, theres no difference in price.

I love the Leazes, but would support a move to the Gallowgate more than L4.

Guest stumonkseatonmagpies

I am moving to the Gallowgate.

Sat in L7 for 2 years and i am going to move next to the lads i go to the aways games with

Simon is our leader!!

Isnt it better that there is a low number of season ticket holders? More people could relocate there whereas as the gallowgate everyone would be dotted around. Theres already a decent atmosphere down there as well I think the leazes needs some atmosphere

We've been mainly following Jordan's idea that a move down to Level 4 should be supported by our push for the singing section to move there too.

As far as a singing section goes, where in the Gallowgate may be a good place to propose to the club?

At least you said it at the end there :coolsmiley:

My dad (R.I.P) always said to me that when he used to go in the 70's and 80's that the Leazes end was always the end to be in.

My season ticket app came through the door yesterday anyway. Gunna sign up to the 10 year thing and freeze my price. Taking out the annual Direct Debit as i like to pay for things upfront so i don't have the bill each month :celb:

Guest Roger Kint

We've been mainly following Jordan's idea that a move down to Level 4 should be supported by our push for the singing section to move there too.

As far as a singing section goes, where in the Gallowgate may be a good place to propose to the club?

Propose? Its a simple case of where there is space unless you intend on moving people just to suit you?

Isnt it better that there is a low number of season ticket holders? More people could relocate there whereas as the gallowgate everyone would be dotted around. Theres already a decent atmosphere down there as well I think the leazes needs some atmosphere

Not true. The Gallowgate Upper tier has very few season ticket holders these days. I bought a ticket for the Bolton match from the online ticket office in Wednesday and all 5 sections of the Gallowgate Upper were showing good availabilty meaning there's not a very high percentage of ST holders in there.

Guest toonlass

If I remember correctly the Leazes level 4 corner apparently has the lowest number of season ticket holders according to Jordan (who was advised of this by the club). That was why they decided to move there.

If I remember correctly the Leazes level 4 corner apparently has the lowest number of season ticket holders according to Jordan (who was advised of this by the club). That was why they decided to move there.

Can't be much in it between there and the Gallowgate Upper Tier though. When tickets for home games go on sale 4 of the 5 sections in Gallowgate show as "good" availability and the other section shows as "very good". Also the Gallowgate Upper has a larger capacity than North West corner L4.