SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He's an utter, utter prick but people will forget about that if he puts in a couple of good performances.

Seemed OK the few times I met him public. Was a really timid bloke that seemed embarrassed when people recognised him. One of the few polite people on XBL too, his mates are loud like.  :lol:

Guest icemanblue

Would love to see him back here. Agree that he always seemed shy in public, except for one occasion when he was sat on the next table over from us in Azzuri, taking pictures of my lass.

Personally think it would be a brilliant signing. He might have a volatile personality, but he'll be around better people than he was last time. And a manager that actually wants him, too. I reckon he'd improve us ten-fold. Him, Jonas, Ben Arfa and hopefully a striker with a bit of pace... that would improve the speed of our side dramatically.

Would surely mean Jonas is going? I know we want to build a squad, but Jonas wont settle for a place on the bench and if we are spending big money on N'Zogbia, then he is going to start.

Thought Charlie plays more on the right now.

Jonas is a right-footed left-winger, he's a left-footed right winger.

Playing them together would be Allardyce-tastic :lol:

Would surely mean Jonas is going? I know we want to build a squad, but Jonas wont settle for a place on the bench and if we are spending big money on N'Zogbia, then he is going to start.

not necessarily, surely jonas can play on the right too? i know bartons been good there this season and stayed fit but his fitness record isnt exactly great. we might even see jonas on the right and barton inside, never know. jonas comes across as a team player, i dont think he'd be happy being on the bench but i dont think he'd automatically want to be away. fuck, it'd be great to have a few choices in a few positions for once

not necessarily, surely jonas can play on the right too? i know bartons been good there this season and stayed fit but his fitness record isnt exactly great. we might even see jonas on the right and barton inside, never know. jonas comes across as a team player, i dont think he'd be happy being on the bench but i dont think he'd automatically want to be away. fuck, it'd be great to have a few choices in a few positions for once

Absolutely. N'Zogbia, Jonas, Barton, Ben Arfa, Routledge? Larsson? As wing options would be great to have. I'd hang onto Ryan Taylor n'all tbh, assuming he wouldn't have a Smith/STaylor like drain on the wages. It'd be nice to have a big squad for a change.

He's a quality player and I'd be delighted to see us bring him back in the summer.

He would immediately be the best winger at the club, and he can play either side which is a real bonus. He'd also be someone we could move into the free role we seem to have earmarked for Ben Arfa is HBA is injured or struggles next year.

With a squad as thin as ours, that versatility is definitely very attractive in a signing IMO.

He's a quality player and I'd be delighted to see us bring him back in the summer.

He would immediately be the best winger at the club, and he can play either side which is a real bonus. He'd also be someone we could move into the free role we seem to have earmarked for Ben Arfa is HBA is injured or struggles next year.

With a squad as thin as ours, that versatility is definitely very attractive in a signing IMO.

Nah, we'll buy him and play him at LB to replace Enrique.

At a rational level I feel like buying back N'Zogbia is the wrong move, especially if the fee is anything like what was being mentioned in January (9 mil was it?)

At an emotional level, I don't fucking care it's summer I need some excitement and I just want to see us sign somebody. :lol:

It's another fair point though Gimp. I've been wanting us to sign a left-winger who can fill in at left-back in an emergency. N'Zogbia fits the bill.

He's an utter, utter prick but people will forget about that if he puts in a couple of good performances.

He's also extremely talented, and would immediately be the best winger at the club. It's a no brainer for me.

At a rational level I feel like buying back N'Zogbia is the wrong move, especially if the fee is anything like what was being mentioned in January (9 mil was it?)

At an emotional level, I don't fucking care it's summer I need some excitement and I just want to see us sign somebody. :lol:

£9m would be a bargain for someone of his quality. He's one of the best wingers in the league imo, certainly outside the top clubs. I reckon it'd cost you around that to sign the likes of Jarvis from Wolves.

It's another fair point though Gimp. I've been wanting us to sign a left-winger who can fill in at left-back in an emergency. N'Zogbia fits the bill.

He's a terrible left back man.

At an emotional level, I don't f***ing care it's summer I need some excitement and I just want to see us sign somebody. :lol:

£9m would be a bargain for someone of his quality. He's one of the best wingers in the league imo, certainly outside the top clubs. I reckon it'd cost you around that to sign the likes of Jarvis from Wolves.

He's got talent ("one of the best" might be pushing it a bit) but considering that he's an individual with significant baggage, significant baggage at this very club, there's a huge risk there and I'd rather bring in somebody who's starting with a clean slate.

Plus I still think he's a fucking disgrace and a cunt for the way he left. Of course I'll no doubt forget all about it if/when he scores his first goal back for us :lol:

He had a load of big talk which was like "aye, alright Charlie"... but he's one of the few i didn't begrudge for fucking off when he did. It was beyond a joke the way he was managed after that blistering 05/06 campaign.

He's a terrible left back man.

That's why he said 'emergency' :razz:

He had a load of big talk which was like "aye, alright Charlie"... but he's one of the few i didn't begrudge for f***ing off when he did. It was beyond a joke the way he was managed after that blistering 05/06 campaign.

I think the whole idea that "we mismanaged him by signing Duff" doesn't hold any water at all. We needed competition in that place and we weren't going to have him be the only left winger in the squad. Duff for 5m seemed like a a good deal at the time.

Instead of relishing the challenge he decided to pout and let himself go just because he didn't get to be a guaranteed starter at age 20.

You're making two positions weaker though, it doesn't make any sense at all. :lol:

We should be looking to bring in a squad player who can play both CB and LB tbh. Someone like Kadar, only not made of biscuits.