Kicks to the Balls

Guest BooBoo

The thing with Hughton to was he built this team spirit which has been hugely important for us. When our performances were bad, we did well the next week & never really got into a poor run. He built that determination. So we sacked him & now we've no idea whether Pardews capable of that.

We saw in the relegation season its pretty disasterous if players heads go down.

ANDY MOTHErFUCKING CARROLL IS NOT EVEN RUNNING YET, HES STILL IN THE FUCKING GYM.  HE'LL BE OUT FOR 4 WEEKS AT LEAST

We needed a striker anyway, shouty man. Which made selling our only good one on the last day kinda daft.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

I think we can be contenders in 5 years (with Andy I would have said 2 or 3).  That said, staying up is the most important thing this year.

Someone mentioned the 4-5-1.  I think it's the best chance we've got.  Draws the defenders forward to deal with the midfielders.  Best starts games, Ranger/Loven finishes them, at least until Shola comes back.  Nolan playing forward, Guthrie behind him, Tiote behind him.  When healthy, Ben Arfa in for Nolan, Ireland in for Guthrie.

Striker is our weakest position, no use running out two of these worthless fucks when one will produce the same result.

Guest thefishman

Take away the money and the lives these players have got, strip it all back and you end up with a player, playing because he loves the game, then add mike fucking ashley, constantly pissing you off with his arseholes decisions. Just remember lambarsed ran across the hallowed turf naked as a joke! Fucks sake!

Its laughable really. We went down but bounced back thanks largely to Chris Hughton and the goals of Carroll. Ashley must have thought "hmmm can't have this hoo har", and sacked Hughton and sold Carroll.

:lol:

Wish I could laugh at that  :no:

Gallows humour, mate.

Even by the monumental standards this club sets, we've had a nightmare run of late: two consecutive last minute equalisers conceded, an impotent transfer window, culminating in Carroll doing the dirty on us and now, oh yes, a former player who is generally hated by all turns up to score the winner to sink us. Meanwhile, our back up striker Ameobi lasts 15 minutes before breaking his face to leave us with the ridiculous trio of Best, Lovenkrands and Ranger to turn to for goals.

It's an utter joke, makes you wonder whether it's all worth it. You see a club like Liverpool "struggling" with bad ownership, a new rich owner turns up and sets the wheels in motion for recovery. Meanwhile we seem cursed to suffer the whims of Ashley while he continually shafts over the club while we sift through the wreckage.

A rambling mini rant, but it's getting too much. I fear a real hiding off a very in form Arsenal and if that happens, it could all get very nasty at St James' on Saturday. Again. What a contrast to a few months ago when we went to the Emirates and deservedly beat them.

Basically sums up my feelings to a tee and is why we will never ever win anything. There is a fucking curse on us, a curse I tells you.

:thdn:

It isn't a curse.  Bad decisions have consequences. 

Fairly good players over performing and seemingly on course for safety.  So you sack the man responsible for the team spirit, appoint a moron, sell the man scoring the goals, and fail to sign a replacement of any kind.

Injuries aren't bad luck when you don't build a squad.

Even Tiote's suspension can be attributed to a bad decision from  :kinnear: Mk II

Spot on.

Unfortunately the thing we love is in the hands of an inveterate gambler.

With a bit of care and good planning and (dare I say it) some modest investment, we could have consolidated an excellent season.

But not for us it seems. Not the logical, sensible decision making you would think that any owner in his right mind would wish to make. Instead it’s going to be a pretty desperate fight to scrape together enough points to survive.

I just hope the lad’s spirit holds up. It’s brought us a long way this season and we’re going to be relying on it even more now.

Bloody hell - this week has been heavy!

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

What's even worse?  He didn't even get City in on the bidding.  If he had waited until summer and let City enter the bidding, he probably could have taken 80 mil off them.  If scousers were able to pay 35 million pounds, I can only imagine how many dinars they could have gotten out of Sheikh Mansoor.

What's even worse?  He didn't even get City in on the bidding.  If he had waited until summer and let City enter the bidding, he probably could have taken 80 mil off them.  If scousers were able to pay 35 million pounds, I can only imagine how many dinars they could have gotten out of Sheikh Mansoor.

I think in selling Andy Carroll for £35m, the £35m isn't the bad bit.

He will get sold/offered again in his career, and it will be for more.

Well obviously I have no idea whether that's true or not. All I'm saying is that right now £35m for him was a big gamble by Liverpool, and it's not the size of the fee we should be worrying about.

Even by the monumental standards this club sets, we've had a nightmare run of late: two consecutive last minute equalisers conceded, an impotent transfer window, culminating in Carroll doing the dirty on us and now, oh yes, a former player who is generally hated by all turns up to score the winner to sink us. Meanwhile, our back up striker Ameobi lasts 15 minutes before breaking his face to leave us with the ridiculous trio of Best, Lovenkrands and Ranger to turn to for goals.

It's an utter joke, makes you wonder whether it's all worth it. You see a club like Liverpool "struggling" with bad ownership, a new rich owner turns up and sets the wheels in motion for recovery. Meanwhile we seem cursed to suffer the whims of Ashley while he continually shafts over the club while we sift through the wreckage.

A rambling mini rant, but it's getting too much. I fear a real hiding off a very in form Arsenal and if that happens, it could all get very nasty at St James' on Saturday. Again. What a contrast to a few months ago when we went to the Emirates and deservedly beat them.

This Ashley shit. I'm starting to get a little concerned that we've all actually died and gone to hell and this is our lot for eternity.