Leon Best

Godot

I miss him :(

I kind of miss that 'group of lads'.  There was a tangible spirit around the club and you got that feeling it wasn't just a job for them.  So rare in modern football but be thankful we had it again for a little while.

I kind of miss that 'group of lads'.  There was a tangible spirit around the club and you got that feeling it wasn't just a job for them.  So rare in modern football but be thankful we had it again for a little while.

I don't think it is for this group of lads, but I know what you mean. The team spirit immediately after relegation is one of the best I can remember.

I just miss Besty because I always thought he was hugely underrated and worked hard to get his chance. He was probably the most natural finisher at the club and some of the goals he scored (Fulham and QPR at home last season) were just fantastically taken and the type that would've been wanked over had Rooney or Walcott put them away. His partnership with Ba was also very good the first half of last season.

I don't think it is for this group of lads, but I know what you mean. The team spirit immediately after relegation is one of the best I can remember.

I just miss Besty because I always thought he was hugely underrated and worked hard to get his chance. He was probably the most natural finisher at the club and some of the goals he scored (Fulham and QPR at home last season) were just fantastically taken and the type that would've been wanked over had Rooney or Walcott put them away. His partnership with Ba was also very good the first half of last season.

He managed to score a few great goals against W Ham if I remember also

I wasn't bothered when he left, but that was based on the assumption that we would sign a striker in the summer. In hindsight, we should have hung onto him for one more season tbh. He'd have nicked a few goals for us this year (assuming fate doesn't exist and he would've stayed fit).

I wasn't bothered when he left, but that was based on the assumption that we would sign a striker in the summer. In hindsight, we should have hung onto him for one more season tbh. He'd have nicked a few goals for us this year (assuming fate doesn't exist and he would've stayed fit).

The reported price I couldn't argue with him leaving but like you I thought we would get someone else in.

Guest firetotheworks

He left us before he had a chance for us to become frustrated by his limitations, tbh. That's not a criticism of him at all, he put everything in and I was always more surprised and very happy with his performances than unhappy with them, but he was with Ryan Taylor, Shola, Guthrie, Perch and possibly Jonas in the group of players that stepped up for us when we needed them to because they were still not on the same level as Santon, Cisse/Ba, Cabaye, Tiote etc.

He's a minor cult hero because of what he gave for us and I'll always have a soft spot for him and wish him all the best in whatever he does, but that doesn't mean to say that I would be happy with him as a back up to Cisse this season. I'd just be less unhappy than it being Shola, if that makes sense.

It should finish on a positive though. I liked him.