Those who left early on Saturday ?

Benwell Lad

First of all lets be clear, as someone who was there, it was dozens and maybe a hundred or so at most out of nearly 52,000, nothing like the mackems mass exodus at 3-0 and half time on derby day. But should they be forgiven or not ?  Perhaps missing the second half is punishment enough ?

Someone I give my ticket to, free of charge, when I can't make it, left at 4-0 on Saturday and I don't think he'll be getting it again in future. Am I over-reacting ?

I'm sure those who left were hurting badly (weren't we all) but my feelings are with fans who spend a whole Saturday travelling to and from the south of England and further afield to watch us play and exiled mags everywhere who would love to be inside SJP win,lose or draw.

Guest prestonj1989

I considered it at 4-0 but as I had travelled over 4 hours to get there, I didn't want it to be a total waste. 

I've never walked out so much as a minute early in my life, but I've got to say when that 4th goal went in for the first time I considered it. :(

I think that deserves a 2 week ban.

We considered it yeah, but everyone around us (although jokingly at first) still thought if we scored, there was the tiniest of chances we could get back some pride.

The sending off gave everyone hope (it was only 5 minutes into the second half - and suddenly the optimism in the crowd shot up ten-fold)

lol.. Im sure the people who left are pretty disapointed themselves. Out of interest, if someone left early, then heard about what was happening, would they be able to get back in the ground at all ? Presumably the turnstiles would all be shut ?

I don't really blame anyone for walking out - i'd have considered it if i were there

Why? What's the difference in losing 3-0 and 8-0?

I don't get what you mean. After the fourth one went in i'd have thought "fuck this". Absolutely no question. I defy anyone to not have felt a modicum of apathy. It takes a bit more to actually walk out but i'd have thought about it, for however many nano-seconds.

I don't think I actually would have left. Just when that van Persie header went in, the expressions on the players etc just made me feel what the fuck is the point. After the the last week we've had that first 26 minutes was like a realisation that we were truly fucked as a team, sickening feeling.

Second half performance was the stuff of fucking Gods, though. Sounding like a right pussy but I was nearly in tears when the Tioté shot went in. I never get that emotional at football ever but fuck this was something else.

I don't really blame anyone for walking out - i'd have considered it if i were there

I don't get what you mean. After the fourth one went in i'd have thought "f*** this". Absolutely no question. I defy anyone to not have felt a modicum of apathy. It takes a bit more to actually walk out but i'd have thought about it, for however many nano-seconds.

Of course we all felt apathy, but the game changed within 5 minutes of the game kicking off again. Goes to show that people should have a bit more patience, and at least have given it 10 more minutes.

I don't think I actually would have left. Just when that van Persie header went in, the expressions on the players etc just made me feel what the f*** is the point. After the the last week we've had that first 26 minutes was like a realisation that we were truly f***ed as a team, sickening feeling.

Second half performance was the stuff of f***ing Gods, though. Sounding like a right pussy but I was nearly in tears when the Tioté shot went in. I never get that emotional at football ever but f*** this was something else.

I cried a little. Is that gay?

I don't get what you mean. After the fourth one went in i'd have thought "f*** this". Absolutely no question. I defy anyone to not have felt a modicum of apathy. It takes a bit more to actually walk out but i'd have thought about it, for however many nano-seconds.

Of course we all felt apathy, but the game changed within 5 minutes of the game kicking off again. Goes to show that people should have a bit more patience, and at least have given it 10 more minutes.

I'm not justifying those walking out per se. I'm moreso simply pointing out that it's no great surprise.