Your all time XI

QBG

Anyone voting Pele under the age of 70 is just going off sheer reputation, thats why I've never understood the generic best xi's that constantly pop up, when probably 90% plus have seen them for a full 90 minutes.

Well you don't have to have been 70 to have seen Pele play, but the footage does actually give you an impression of the combination of power, pace and skill that he had. You also have to bear in mind that he was playing in an era where defenders had to commit GBH before getting a booking.

Anyway, I've looked at the opposition, and I'd fully back my eleven to urinate over all comers -

Yashin

Thuram

Baresi

Luis Pereira

Maldini

Zidane

Mattheus

Cruyff

Maradona

Pele

Messi

Guest Roger Kint

From what i have seen in live games. Guarantee i have missed out a few with this hangover.

Schmeichel

Zanetti-Baresi-Nesta-Maldini

Zidane-Matthaus-Xavi

Messi-Ronaldo-Maradona

Subs: Cronaldo, Iniesta, Desailly, Romario, Hagi, Cafu, Buffon

Guest EastEndGeordie

Gotta say us English are harsh on ourselves aren't we? I mean so far I think the max of English players I've seen in an eleven is two?

Seeing as it's not worth starting a new thread over, I'll just ask on this one, who is the all time top English X1?

Gotta say us English are harsh on ourselves aren't we? I mean so far I think the max of English players I've seen in an eleven is two?

Seeing as it's not worth starting a new thread over, I'll just ask on this one, who is the all time top English X1?

Seaman

Neville  Adams  Campbell  Cole

Beckham Scholes Batty McManaman

Shearer  Beardsley

Guest EastEndGeordie

Seaman

Shearer  Rooney

Rooney? Over Lineker?

Rooney? Over Lineker?

Seaman

Shearer  Rooney

Just went on those I saw live tbh. Don't think I ever even seen Lineker live on the box. Probably swap Rooney for Beardsley in any case.

Ones that I've seen

Shilton

G. Neville        Butcher          Walker      Pearce

Gascoigne        Hoddle        Scholes

Beardsley

Keegan          Shearer       

All-time you'd have Banks in,Moore,maybe Terry Cooper,Bobby Charlton,Jimmy Greaves,Finney,maybe Lofthouse.

Seaman

Shearer  Rooney

Rooney? Over Lineker?

Owen in his prime comfortably better than Rooney aswell.

I'm amazed hardly anyone has mentioned or picked Johan Cryuff. 

wrong demographic for most I'd imagine. In an ideal world I'd pick him, Pele and Maradona but unfortunately I've never seen them live and you can't properly judge on highlights however good the reputation.

I'm amazed hardly anyone has mentioned or picked Johan Cryuff. 

wrong demographic for most I'd imagine. In an ideal world I'd pick him, Pele and Maradona but unfortunately I've never seen them live and you can't properly judge on highlights however good the reputation.

I picked him. In fact, I'd rate him as the best player I ever saw, in terms of his overall contribution to his team. Ajax and the Dutch national team were nothing until he came along.

Allied to his talent, he had great leadership qualities and a very quick football brain. It was no surprise when, unlike most great players, he went on to become a great manager.

Guest firetotheworks

Schmeichel

Cafu    Nesta    Baresi    Maldini

Zidane      Xavi      Cruyff           

Messi      Ronaldo    Maradona

my all time nufc out of position 11

brock

s.taylor    venison  watson  n'zogbia

bellamy  lee  albert    milner

gillespie  howey

could almost have went....

waddle