The looking-on-the-bright-side thread.

OzzieMandias

meh- best talent will be sold, team spirit will be lessend next season. we will struggle.

hope to fuck im wrong.

We all do. O0

I just have absolutely no idea what next season will bring, we could progress, but just as likely a few bollocks dropped in the transfer market and we could tumble down the leagues again. It would be bloody miracle the way things have been going for a fair few years now, to just get the whole way through without a change of manager. I think just that bit of stability would be a plus for me.

when was the last time we started and finnished a season in the prem with the same manager?

Robson possibly? Was pretty stunned when someone brought it up a few weeks back.

crazy. agree that giving a manager a full season would be a good start

meh- best talent will be sold, team spirit will be lessend next season. we will struggle.

hope to fuck im wrong.

We all do. O0

I just have absolutely no idea what next season will bring, we could progress, but just as likely a few bollocks dropped in the transfer market and we could tumble down the leagues again. It would be bloody miracle the way things have been going for a fair few years now, to just get the whole way through without a change of manager. I think just that bit of stability would be a plus for me.

when was the last time we started and finnished a season in the prem with the same manager?

Robson possibly? Was pretty stunned when someone brought it up a few weeks back.

crazy. agree that giving a manager a full season would be a good start

haha, aye +1

Must be great in your world, where we didn't get relegated the other year and all you need to do is keep posting snide comments from Germany every time you wake up from daydreaming about Stephen Spence.

As long as Shepherd's gone, it's always bright.

When we've spent at least £20 million this summer (assuming Barton and Enrique stay) on at least one first-choice striker that will score us 10-15 goals, as well as some effective midfield and defensive cover, I'll be happy.

To be fair, we have the backbone of a side to push for a top 7 finish, but we must use the money from the Carroll sale this summer to make Europe League football a reality. This summer is the test for Ashley and co.

When we've spent at least £20 million this summer (assuming Barton and Enrqiue stay) on at least one first-choice striker that will score us 10-15 goals, as well as some effective midfield and defensive cover, I'll be happy.

To be fair, we have the backbone of a side to push for a top 7 finish, but we must use the money from the Carroll sale this summer to make Europe League football a reality. This summer is the test for Ashley and co.

Lets see how many more players sign on to this before the end of the season and lets see what transfers comei in during the summer.

When we've spent at least £20 million this summer (assuming Barton and Enrqiue stay) on at least one first-choice striker that will score us 10-15 goals, as well as some effective midfield and defensive cover, I'll be happy.

Lets see how many more players sign on to this before the end of the season and lets see what transfers comei in during the summer.

Only ones worth signing are Barton and Enrique. Couldn't care less if they sign someone like Simpson on a five-year deal if those two are still unrenewed.

hope to f*** im wrong.

We all do. O0

What about Roeder in 2006-2007? I know we replaced him afterward, but I feel like he was there until the end (when nothing was at stake).

Only ones worth signing are Barton and Enrique. No point putting someone like Simpson on a five-year deal if those two are still unrenewed.

Why not?

Simpson is still and up and coming player, looking better by the month.  Why not tie him down?

Look, i'll be sick as a fucking chip if barton and enrique leave but you talk as if thats the end of the club??

You know this club has been through the shit lately, we are still rebuilding.

Only ones worth signing are Barton and Enrique. No point putting someone like Simpson on a five-year deal if those two are still unrenewed.

Why not?

Simpson is still and up and coming player, looking better by the month.  Why not tie him down?

Look, i'll be sick as a fucking chip if barton and enrique leave but you talk as if thats the end of the club??

You know this club has been through the shit lately, we are still rebuilding.

He's the only other player worthy of a long-term contract imo, even though his existing contract won't expire for another two years. Just think the club should be focussing on Enrique and to a slightly lesser extent, Barton.

Why not?

Look, i'll be sick as a f***ing chip if barton and enrique leave but you talk as if thats the end of the club??

You know this club has been through the s*** lately, we are still rebuilding.

He's the only other player worthy of a long-term contract imo, even though his existing contract won't expire for another two years. Just think the club should be focussing on Enrique and to a slightly lesser extent, Barton.

So the rest of the squad are not worthy?

I'm sure the club were all up for talking to enrique but he put it on hold himself to see where we end up, this is public knowledge.  Barton has also been talking it up.  I dont know what you want.

We put tiote on a 6 1/2 deal, one of our top preformers this year and you aren't happy.

Seems to me you only follow certain players at the club and dont see the bigger picture.

Some things in life are bad. They can really make you mad.

Other things just make you swear and curse.

When you're chewing on life's gristle. Don't grumble, give a whistle.

And this'll help things turn out for the best...

Players like Nolan, Coloccini and Harper are all key players and integral to us, but that doesn't mean we should put them on 5 year contracts ...

What the club have done with Tiote is incredible, to think he could be here until the age of 30. However, it would be an irresponsible and unsustainable precident to set for distinctly average players such as Guthrie.

Players like Nolan, Coloccini and Harper are all key players and integral to us, but that doesn't mean we should put them on 5 year contracts ...

What the club have done with Tiote is incredible, to think he could be here until the age of 30. However, it would be an irresponsible and unsustainable precident to set for distinctly average players such as Guthrie.

We were talking about simpson?  We've had a settled back four for the first time is donkeys years, i would be looking to securing it tbh.

Also i have no issue with Guthrie getting a long term contract as long as the wages matched his skill set.  I think he will be gone in the summer anyway.

Must be great in your world, where we didn't get relegated the other year and all you need to do is keep posting snide comments from Germany every time you wake up from daydreaming about Stephen Spence.

As long as Shepherd's gone, it's always bright.

You're deteriorating as a poster, Dave. So boringly bitter. It's sad to see.

We were talking about simpson?  We've had a settled back four for the first time is donkeys years, i would be looking to securing it tbh.

Also i have no issue with Guthrie getting a long term contract as long as the wages matched his skill set.  I think he will be gone in the summer anyway.

I know we were, but what I was saying is Simpson is the only player that would justify a five year contract now, which is good, shows a lot of our promising, young players are tied uo.

Guthrie is nothing but cover, imo.

Seriously though Ozzie, you never seem to post about anything any more unless certain posters are involved or there's the prospect of discussing the previous board in some way. It's like a part of you is missing.

He's on Toontastic, fill yer boots.

hope to f*** im wrong.

We all do. O0

What about Roeder in 2006-2007? I know we replaced him afterward, but I feel like he was there until the end (when nothing was at stake).

Left before the final game of the season. Nigel Pearson was caretaker IIRC.

hope to f*** im wrong.

We all do. O0

Left before the final game of the season. Nigel Pearson was caretaker IIRC.

Yeah, left after the Blackburn game. Pearson in charge at Watford when Zog kicked off. Allardyce left Bolton that week too.

Seriously though Ozzie, you never seem to post about anything any more unless certain posters are involved or there's the prospect of discussing the previous board in some way. It's like a part of you is missing.

I post less than I used to for a variety of reasons, and I'm actually well happy that Leazes is no longer around.

Meanwhle, I find the rampant negativity boring, and can't be arsed to engage very often with those who delight in making the most pessimistic predictions they can come up with. As this thread was meant to point out, things aren't actually so bad.

I post less than I used to for a variety of reasons, and I'm actually well happy that Leazes is no longer around.

Meanwhle, I find the rampant negativity boring, and can't be arsed to engage very often with those who delight in making the most pessimistic predictions they can come up with. As this thread was meant to point out, things aren't actually so bad.

Glorious hypocrisy from somebody who signed up solely to whinge about Freddy Shepherd.

Glorious hypocrisy from somebody who signed up solely to whinge about Freddy Shepherd.

History.

/copyright OzzieMandias circa Bellamy saga 2005 :angry:

Guest Howaythetoon

As long as Mike Ashley is owner of this club the future will always be darker than brighter. The club will never achieve anything with a net spend of zero, constant managerial changes and the selling of our better players. On top of all that we have an average manager in the dug-out.

As long as Mike Ashley is owner of this club the future will always be darker than brighter. The club will never achieve anything with a net spend of zero, constant managerial changes and the selling of our better players. On top of all that we have an average manager in the dug-out.

Good enough for me.