Never forgotten - Sir Bobby

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

I know there's the Happy Birthday thread but he really deserves one of his own.

Happy Birthday Sir Bobby. Would have been 78 today. Still miss him like mad.

Of all the sackings in PL through history, the removal of Sir Bobby is the worst of them all.. An utter disgrace.

Remeber the man for who he was, not for what the club did to him.

Happy Birthday SBR, forever missed  :smitten:

Of all the sackings in PL through history, the removal of Sir Bobby is the worst of them all.. An utter disgrace.

Remeber the man for who he was, not for what the club did to him.

Happy Birthday SBR, forever missed  :smitten:

A very good point indeed..Happy birthday SBR!

Guest Micktoon

Happy Birthday to a true football legend.

Funny I got the DVD " a knight to remember" over a year ago now and still can't bring myself to watch it.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

Funny I got the DVD " a knight to remember" over a year ago now and still can't bring myself to watch it.

I got it for xmas and I can't watch it either, maybe today would be a good day.

I got it around the time he died and it's still in it's foil wrapper, I dont think I could ever watch it.

I read his autobiography and that was hard enough.

RIP Bobby, happy birthday

The man that is Sir Robert William Robson would have been 78 today.A man that was totally unique in the world of football.I can think of no other that was loved by fans,not just at the clubs he graced with his presence,but at every ground he took his teams.Yes,even the Mackems,despite a minority of scum chanting despicable things about him,recognised the love he had for North East football as a whole.

We as proud Newcastle United supporters understand more than most,what a management genius he was.A man who lived for the game and also for our club.A man who was the perfect ambassador world-wide for Newcastle United.A man who was respected by everybody from the 5 year old kid watching football for the first time,to the most successful British manager of all-time.A man who literally had no peers in the game of football.A man of whom I was so proud to have managed our great club,not just of who he was,but of the magical adventures he led us to.

My last memory of him was at his testimonial game,that despite his obvious illness,he still appeared,in reality to say his farewell to his beloved St. James Park,with great dignity.I don't mind admitting that I shed a few tears that day sat in the Gallowgate,as he was introduced to the two teams.

Today isn't the time to reflect on the disgraceful treatment he received at the end of his tenure,but a day to remember the many good times he gave us.

Happy birthday Sir Bobby,as my avatar says,though you're gone,you will never be forgotten.

The man that is Sir Robert William Robson would have been 78 today.A man that was totally unique in the world of football.I can think of no other that was loved by fans,not just at the clubs he graced with his presence,but at every ground he took his teams.Yes,even the Mackems,despite a minority of scum chanting despicable things about him,recognised the love he had for North East football as a whole.

We as proud Newcastle United supporters understand more than most,what a management genius he was.A man who lived for the game and also for our club.A man who was the perfect ambassador world-wide for Newcastle United.A man who was respected by everybody from the 5 year old kid watching football for the first time,to the most successful British manager of all-time.A man who literally had no peers in the game of football.A man of whom I was so proud to have managed our great club,not just of who he was,but of the magical adventures he led us to.

My last memory of him was at his testimonial game,that despite his obvious illness,he still appeared,in reality to say his farewell to his beloved St. James Park,with great dignity.I don't mind admitting that I shed a few tears that day sat in the Gallowgate,as he was introduced to the two teams.

Today isn't the time to reflect on the disgraceful treatment he received at the end of his tenure,but a day to remember the many good times he gave us.

Happy birthday Sir Bobby,as my avatar says,though you're gone,you will never be forgotten.

There is a good video of the mackems singing his name at a pre-season friendly at Celtic on youtube actually. :thup: