KK - "Pardew Won't See A Penny Of It"

Crumpy Gunt

Dredging up old posts to prove someone wrong/brag about being right is bad form except when the post/poster you're humiliating references a point in the future when they intend to do some face-rubbing. They're fair game if they do that and should take any stick that's coming their way on the chin.

Precisely.  And pointing this out doesn't mean people are delighted with the end result either.  It's a bitter, petty stance you get in lots of situations, reminds me of people saying "Well done, the invasion of Afghanistan/Iraq/Vietnam wasn't a great idea after all.  All those soldiers died, you must be delighted we didn't win, congratulations."

The people who were predicting transfer window failure seem more pissed off about it than the people who thought it would go well, if anything. But if someone's been smug and arrogant in dismissing people's concerns, of course he's going to get stick when those concerns turn out to be justified.

I don't actually think that Ozzie really did believe a load of money was going to be spent, I think it's more that he's invested so much time and credibility in arguing with Leazes Mag about the old board (which then became new board/old board after the takeover) that he simply can't conceed on the virtues or otherwise of Ashley now.  It's like if you've already sent £30,000 to Nigerian scammer or you've spent the last two years preaching Harold Camping's doomsday prophecy - it's easier to just hold firm no matter what than to budge even slightly and have to admit to others and, more importantly, to yourself that all the support and belief you ploughed into it might have been misplaced.

It seemed a very premature call from KK at the time, but he obviously got a better whiff of Ashley's surreptitious plans during his time here than we realised...

we?

indeed, speak for yourself 69. i thought it was utterly laughable that so many claimed Keegan wasn't to be listened to as he's just being bitter. he was just telling the truth as he saw it, and had a hell of a lot more insight than any of us.

Dredging up old posts to prove someone wrong/brag about being right is bad form except when the post/poster you're humiliating references a point in the future when they intend to do some face-rubbing. They're fair game if they do that and should take any stick that's coming their way on the chin.

Precisely.  And pointing this out doesn't mean people are delighted with the end result either.  It's a bitter, petty stance you get in lots of situations, reminds me of people saying "Well done, the invasion of Afghanistan/Iraq/Vietnam wasn't a great idea after all.  All those soldiers died, you must be delighted we didn't win, congratulations."

The people who were predicting transfer window failure seem more pissed off about it than the people who thought it would go well, if anything. But if someone's been smug and arrogant in dismissing people's concerns, of course he's going to get stick when those concerns turn out to be justified.

I don't actually think that Ozzie really did believe a load of money was going to be spent, I think it's more that he's invested so much time and credibility in arguing with Leazes Mag about the old board (which then became new board/old board after the takeover) that he simply can't conceed on the virtues or otherwise of Ashley now.  It's like if you've already sent £30,000 to Nigerian scammer or you've spent the last two years preaching Harold Camping's doomsday prophecy - it's easier to just hold firm no matter what than to budge even slightly and have to admit to others and, more importantly, to yourself that all the support and belief you ploughed into it might have been misplaced.

so he's become NE5

That's some serious Star Wars shit. Sith Lord (NE5), Sith Apprentice (Ozzie). Jedi (majority of N-O) and Sith (NE5 and Ozzie) both want the same thing (prosperity for Newcastle), they just see things little differently.

[/geeks see fictional comparisons everywhere]

Precisely.  And pointing this out doesn't mean people are delighted with the end result either.  It's a bitter, petty stance you get in lots of situations, reminds me of people saying "Well done, the invasion of Afghanistan/Iraq/Vietnam wasn't a great idea after all.  All those soldiers died, you must be delighted we didn't win, congratulations."

The people who were predicting transfer window failure seem more p*ssed off about it than the people who thought it would go well, if anything. But if someone's been smug and arrogant in dismissing people's concerns, of course he's going to get stick when those concerns turn out to be justified.

I don't actually think that Ozzie really did believe a load of money was going to be spent, I think it's more that he's invested so much time and credibility in arguing with Leazes Mag about the old board (which then became new board/old board after the takeover) that he simply can't conceed on the virtues or otherwise of Ashley now.  It's like if you've already sent £30,000 to Nigerian scammer or you've spent the last two years preaching Harold Camping's doomsday prophecy - it's easier to just hold firm no matter what than to budge even slightly and have to admit to others and, more importantly, to yourself that all the support and belief you ploughed into it might have been misplaced.

so he's become NE5

:omg: