Newcastle United 1 - 2 Everton - 05/03/11 - post match reaction from page 26

Dave

It's the manner of the defeat though. Everton were poor too but they were better than us. Some of Pardew's decisions yesterday were insane. Some of the performances from the players was totally unacceptable. The harsh reality of the situation is that we're not safe yet and a few more games like that and we'll tumble down the league.

agrees, especially with the Taylor at RB, as I have said. but just because one bad game it doesn´t mean we will play like that every game. Just looked at the games before when we have been playing good. We are not the only team that can have a disasters game. When I read in here though I start to think that it may be the case... It´s like Ferguson and Wenger thinks their is the only one that gets referee decisions against them :doh:

agrees, especially with the Taylor at RB, as I have said. but just because one bad game it doesn´t mean we will play like that every game. Just looked at the games before when we have been playing good. We are not the only team that can have a disasters game. When I read in here though I start to think that it may be the case... It´s like Ferguson and Wenger thinks their is the only one that gets referee decisions against them :doh:

Exactly, we know that we're prone to looking static at times and struggling to break teams down, if anyone forgot that because we were getting better results then here's a reminder.

But it doesn't mean we aren't capable of still getting results, we've proved this season that we are.

Unless we lose the next game it is actually better form than under Hughton.

Our overall form was better under Hughton when you take both league and cup games into consideration and on league games alone we had a better defensive record under Hughton in the league than under Pardew.  Didn’t Pardew claim that he coached the defence?  If that’s the case then he’s not doing very well at his coaching.

Unless we lose the next game it is actually better form than under Hughton.

Our overall form was better under Hughton when you take both league and cup games into consideration and on league games alone we had a better defensive record under Hughton in the league than under Pardew.  Didn’t Pardew claim that he coached the defence?  If that’s the case then he’s not doing very well at his coaching.

Sorry, the results might not be coming but we have been playing better under Pardew than Hughton.

Every game bar Fulham and possibly yesterday we've had a chance to win, even against City we could've won.

Hughton was terrible against Blackpool, Stoke, WBA, Man Utd, Bolton. I think we've been playing well but we've had so many injuries and Hughton had Carroll dont forget that to play with.

Sorry, the results might not be coming but we have been playing better under Pardew than Hughton.

Every game bar Fulham and possibly yesterday we've had a chance to win, even against City we could've won.

Hughton was terrible against Blackpool, Stoke, WBA, Man Utd, Bolton. I think we've been playing well but we've had so many injuries and Hughton had Carroll dont forget that to play with.

Have we played any better at home than we did against Villa and Sunderland?  Regarding Carroll, Pardew sold him so that one actually goes against him.

For a long parts we were not good yesterday. But I agree. We wasn´t that bad. It wasn´t our day. Pardew did mistakes, the players, it was just a crap day.

I think I am the first person to be disappointed because I really wanted us to win. But come on.

I and many others expected us to win this match but we have a self destruct button not helped by team selection ,not the end of the world but when you look at it we are where we are and at the start of the season we would have been well happy with that .

I went to the game convincing myself against my better judgement that we can climb above Liverpool to salvage some pride and justice from another crap year.

I should have known better. I know now from watching this that our squad cannot cope with any key player missing and what is left cannot adapt to Pardews reasonable attempts at formation changes.

What we witnessed yesterday were too many players out of their comfort zone unable to cope with the covering and support roles that the ambitious formation demanded. With some of the players it may be lack of fitness, awareness, ability, or more likely all three to varying degrees but I was left with the overall impression that Pardew is trying in vain to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Survival is now the only thing left for us, That and the satisfaction of knowing we still have the best support in the land. Home form like ours and still 50K there singing in vain in the last 20mns to lift the side.

We deserve so much more.

:icon_puke_r:

Guest neesy111

Taylor has proven to be s*** for quite a large part of his career.  Completely different area's anycase.

It's just as much a knee-jerk.

So what he was fucking garbage yesterday, along with a few players which contributed to our defeat yesterday.

So what he was f***ing garbage yesterday, along with a few players which contributed to our defeat yesterday.

The subject doesn't matter, he was complaining about knee-jerking and he was doing it himself yesterday and I've just pointed it out.

There's some fantastic knee-jerking in this thread.

What about this thread?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,71043.msg2848864.html#msg2848864

I'm having to type with a daft on screen keyboard so I'll respond properly later, however one poor game doesn't suddenly mean Pardew isn't doing a decent job, I guess Hughton comparisons are inevitable though.

As for Taylor, he's a poor player.

I'm having to type with a daft on screen keyboard so I'll respond properly later, however one poor game doesn't suddenly mean Pardew isn't doing a decent job, I guess Hughton comparisons are inevitable though.

As for Taylor, he's a poor player.

Pardew hasn't only had one poor game but that has nothing to do with you complaining about knee-jerking when you were doing the same.  I'm not trying to have a go at you for it, just pointing out that you were doing what you think others are doing.

Guest BooBoo

I went to the game convincing myself against my better judgement that we can climb above Liverpool to salvage some pride and justice from another crap year.

I should have known better. I know now from watching this that our squad cannot cope with any key player missing and what is left cannot adapt to Pardews reasonable attempts at formation changes.

What we witnessed yesterday were too many players out of their comfort zone unable to cope with the covering and support roles that the ambitious formation demanded. With some of the players it may be lack of fitness, awareness, ability, or more likely all three to varying degrees but I was left with the overall impression that Pardew is trying in vain to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Survival is now the only thing left for us, That and the satisfaction of knowing we still have the best support in the land. Home form like ours and still 50K there singing in vain in the last 20mns to lift the side.

We deserve so much more.

Bloody hell, how on earth has it been a crap year? So far we've punched way above what anyone realistically expetced and had some very good wins.

The unrelenting pessimism at times is as silly as it is dull.

Guest BooBoo

It's the manner of the defeat though. Everton were poor too but they were better than us. Some of Pardew's decisions yesterday were insane. Some of the performances from the players was totally unacceptable. The harsh reality of the situation is that we're not safe yet and a few more games like that and we'll tumble down the league.

Harsh to call Everton poor. I thought they counter attacked in the second half with real menace and really should have at least one more goal, considering their chances. Arteta ran the game.

Harsh to call Everton poor. I thought they counter attacked in the second half with real menace and really should have at least one more goal, considering their chances. Arteta ran the game.

They were poor up front and that's why we didn't suffer our heaviest defeat of the season.