Olivier Bernard lays into Souness

Leazes1986

Guest Stephen927

What about Bernard in Midfield and Enrique Left Back?

Bernard has retired you fucking nut.

Hypothetically speaking dimwit.

Hypothetically kiss my arse.

A couple of crossers he's made should have been taken better care of, yes. But generally his crossing is not good enough.  On two occasions against Bolton we outnumbered them inside their own box, only for Enrique (Jonas was the culprit in the 2nd attempt) to blast the cross to a throw in, and he was not under pressure at all. And as I said, Enrique's defensive play has overall been good this year.. that implies that he's not been up to his usual standards the recent matches..He's running much forward, but his involvement does rarely

result in goals. And as already mentioned, that's mainly because both he and Jonas makes football more difficult than it has to be. Enrique is not using Jonas when he overlaps, and vice versa. And They're not attempting triangular play. They rely more on dribbles. That's fine when playing against weaker teams. But against better teams, you're dependent on passing the ball  quickly to create chances..

Jose is not using Jonas when he overlaps? It's Jose doing the overlapping, ffs. It's up to Jonas to release him.

So many words, so little knowledge and clearly so little experience of watching Newcastle United.

A couple of crossers he's made should have been taken better care of, yes. But generally his crossing is not good enough.  On two occasions against Bolton we outnumbered them inside their own box, only for Enrique (Jonas was the culprit in the 2nd attempt) to blast the cross to a throw in, and he was not under pressure at all. And as I said, Enrique's defensive play has overall been good this year.. that implies that he's not been up to his usual standards the recent matches..He's running much forward, but his involvement does rarely

result in goals. And as already mentioned, that's mainly because both he and Jonas makes football more difficult than it has to be. Enrique is not using Jonas when he overlaps, and vice versa. And They're not attempting triangular play. They rely more on dribbles. That's fine when playing against weaker teams. But against better teams, you're dependent on passing the ball  quickly to create chances..

Jose is not using Jonas when he overlaps? It's Jose doing the overlapping, ffs. It's up to Jonas to release him.

So many words, so little knowledge and clearly so little experience of watching Newcastle United.

To be fair to Punk, what he means is that when Jose does overlap and go past Jonas and is faced with a defender, they don't pass to each other to beat that defender so in that sense "Jose does not use Jonas when he over laps". He usually ties to dribble past the defender and if he can't then, then he passes back to Jonas and Jonas usually try to find another midfielder (Tiote/Nolan).

I agree with you though that in the last 2 games, Enrique has look better attacking than defending.

Exactly alpal, that's what I'm been trying to point out.  Jonas and Enrique should have trained more on triangle play. Then they would have been much  more effective in attack

I think it's already the best one I've seen since the Solano era...