Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

Referring to

Peter Beardsley told my mate at Tesco's at Kingston Park last week that it's down to the French players- he said they really don't give a damn and it's contagious

Is that why Hugo Lloris is captain of Spurs? Varane plays for Madrid? Griezmann for Athletico? Giroud for Arsenal?

What a shit lazy argument by Beardsley to cover this clubs failings. It's got nothing to do with a few french lads. And I pity the mugs who label them responsible, because that will fix the square root of fuck all come the summer.

He's piss weak on the ball man. Anyone that has seen him play would come to that conclusion. Plenty of times this season there's a fair physical challenge and he gives up thinking he's been fouled.

We've bought De Jong & Cabella - did we buy them to play them in the same position? I'm sure both where #1 picks from Carr. He must've thought both could play in the same side. That would mean Cabella would have to play wide.

We've spent a lot of money on him & De Jong. I'm sure De Jong had a troubling injury record at Ajax too. The combined fee must be upwards of £16m. IMO both very risky signings.

Over the season, Cabella's been dispossessed 1.7 times a game on average (I'd be very interested to see what it's been like post-Xmas). Hardly much of a problem, is it? To put that into context against players of a similar ilk:

David Silva: 2.4 per game

Juan Mata: 1.2 per game

Eden Hazard: 2.9 per game

And how many times a game does he lose out in a shoulder-to-shoulder? Cabella's a weakling and it's held him back big time this season in additional to partially explaining why real clubs didn't try to sign him.

Over the season, Cabella's been dispossessed 1.7 times a game on average (I'd be very interested to see what it's been like post-Xmas). Hardly much of a problem, is it? To put that into context against players of a similar ilk:

How many times does Cabella get on the ball compared to those players?

And how many times a game does he lose out in a shoulder-to-shoulder? Cabella's a weakling and it's held him back big time this season in additional to partially explaining why real clubs didn't try to sign him.

Well, he 'beats' his man, on average, 2.2 times a game. I've not found how many attempts he makes, yet.

A certain Argie shortarse leads the balls lost stat in La Liga. If you try to make stuff happen, you're bound to lose the ball more often.

That's not the point, though, Messi's strong on the ball. Cabella's extremely weak on it. :lol:

Well, he 'beats' his man, on average, 2.2 times a game. I've not found how many attempts he makes, yet.

What does this rubbish even mean? Next you'll be telling me Sol Campbell's the quickest player in our squad .

How many times does Cabella get on the ball compared to those players?

Not as much, I'd imagine, but those players have the benefit of not attacking in 2s or 3s and actually have players that move and support one another. He's also clearly a player that prefers to pass and move, IMO, so I don't think his numbers would really change all that much.

What does this rubbish even mean? Next you'll be telling me Sol Campbell's the quickest player in our squad .

It means he successfully dribbles past his man, on average, 2.2 times a game.

I agree that Cabella needs to bulk up and start shouldering a challenge in order to compete in this league. But come on, he's way better than the alternatives we have. Gouffran, Obertan, Sammy and Joans wouldn't be worth 12 million combined. He clearly has something about him.

Nobody wants Ben Arfa, yet he's miles better than Cabella, unfortunately.

It means he successfully dribbles past his man, on average, 2.2 times a season.

Sounds pretty shit imo.

It means he successfully dribbles past his man, on average, 2.2 times a season.

Sounds pretty s*** imo.

Already edited :lol:

I agree that Cabella needs to bulk up and start shouldering a challenge in order to compete in this league. But come on, he's way better than the alternatives we have. Gouffran, Obertan, Sammy and Joans wouldn't be worth 12 million combined. He clearly has something about him.

Nobody wants Ben Arfa, yet he's miles better than Cabella, unfortunately.

I'd start Cabella every game because he's better than alternatives, doesn't mean there isn't massive room for improvement.

And yes, everyone knows Hatem is better.

A certain Argie shortarse leads the balls lost stat in La Liga. If you try to make stuff happen, you're bound to lose the ball more often.

That's not the point, though, Messi's strong on the ball. Cabella's extremely weak on it. :lol:

He's still dispossessed more often than Cabella (1,9 per game). Granted he probably gets far more on the ball than Cabella.

It's just that Cabella's stat doesn't sound that terrible to me.

I assume the dispossessed stat accounts for losing the ball to an opponent while you're on possession. Whether that's due to lack of strength or sloppy technique will vary a lot. Both players have a relatively low stat - in my opinion -, given that they will try to dribble/make runs pretty often during a game, putting them at risk of losing the ball to opponents.

Then Messi loses a lot of balls because he tries a lot of killer passes that don't come off, this is indeed another side of the game.

Then Messi loses a lot of balls because he tries a lot of killer passes that don't come off, this is indeed another side of the game.

If this was the issue with Cabella, I wouldn't have a problem with it. It's the fact a technically accomplished player isn't having any impact on games because he can't physically hold his own.

Guest Gino14

Cabella does get caught in possession, but my main problem with him is just that it's not often he does something good the times he does beat a few players.  He has the beat a man, run out of steam, shoot with the power of a ninety year old thing absolutely perfected.  He also has the cross against the first man and the pass to no one techniques firmly in his repertoire as well.

I think he could be a good player in a team doing well, but he hasn't set the world alight this season and he has a lot to prove if he's ever going to make it long term.  I want him to make it, because he's the type of player I love, but I'd be letting it cloud my judgement if I allowed it to make me think he'd actually been any good here.

How many times does he gets muscled away from/out of possession? Two totally different aspects of the game being discussed here.

Surely this would be included in the 'dispossessed' stat? His dispossession for the season has been 1.7 times per game on average, which really isn't bad at all.

How many times does he gets muscled away from/out of possession? Two totally different aspects of the game being discussed here.

Surely this would be included in the 'dispossessed' stat? His dispossession for the season has been 1.7 times per game on average, which really isn't bad at all.

I'm tired of this stats shit now but I'd certainly guess it wouldn't, as the said weakness prevents him from gaining possession in the first place.