Newcastle Goalkeepers

LoveItIfWeBeatU
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Amazing that Forster has never even came on as a sub or played in any of the cup competitions for us.

Think it's because for a while Krul was judged on the back of that night in Palmero which instantly cemented his place ahead of Forster in the pecking order. Overall though this has been beneficial for Forster as it's allowed him to gain experience and rack up game time on loan and to properly develop while Krul's spend large periods on the bench as our number 2.

krul racked up game time at carlisle and falkirk didn't he ?

from the very limited viewings of forster i've seen i'd be very tempted to place him ahead of krul.

You must drink to excess before heading to Kingston Park, like.

haha they've played at Whitley park for the last 4 seasons! 

come on then genius, give me his strengths and weaknesses and lets here why this lad should jump to the queue and while every manager we've had since Roeder has rated Krul the better keeper.  Also I don't see England being blessed with a great bunch of young keepers yet despite playing week in week out in the championship and SPL he's not had a sniff of a U21 call up.

We're going to have to make the hard choice eventually. There's not room for both of them at this club.

Krul was decent but understandably pretty shaky when called upon this season, perhaps we could have them switch places next year so we can get some glimpses at how Forster does in the PL.

Knee-jerk thread on the Celtic forum but Forster getting a lot of mixed feedback regardless http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/celtic-chat/99282-fraser-forster.html, good shot stopper, poor command of his area... sound familiar? His experience up there will be crucial however and gives him the edge over Krul if Harps was to step down

no surprise his biggest critic also happens to be some mackem c*** (markeyboy)

Knee-jerk thread on the Celtic forum but Forster getting a lot of mixed feedback regardless http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/celtic-chat/99282-fraser-forster.html, good shot stopper, poor command of his area... sound familiar? His experience up there will be crucial however and gives him the edge over Krul if Harps was to step down

I have a sneaking feeling that most football fans just rate all average keepers as "good shot stopper, but poor command of area" because they don't have the ability to identify real strengths and weaknesses.

I have a sneaking feeling that most football fans just rate all average keepers as "good shot stopper, but poor command of area" because they don't have the ability to identify real strengths and weaknesses.

In all seriousness, he's what, 22? Keepers of that age don't command their area well as a general rule. They may shout and carry on like Joe Hart, but you can't really expect them to intelligently and assertively instruct those in front of them when they're a good 10 years of their peak.

In all seriousness, he's what, 22? Keepers of that age don't command their area well as a general rule. They may shout and carry on like Joe Hart, but you can't really expect them to intelligently and assertively instruct those in front of them when they're a good 10 years of their peak.

Probably true.

But it is also a trend for all our goalkeepers since....as long as I can remember. Add bad kicking to that as well.

Harper was a very good kicker of the ball when he first emerged under Gullit. I can only think that Bobby religiously had the keepers thowing the ball to full-backs in training, because when he finally got that stint in 2006 his kicking had massively deteriorated.

Keep Harper as no.1 with Forster as backup, send Krul out on loan.

Hand Harper a coaches contract the season after, and have Forster and Krul fight it out for no.1.

Problem solved.

Hand Harper a coaches contract the season after, and have Forster and Krul fight it out for no.1.

Problem solved.

I'd go along with that.

Don't recall him ever playing in The Championship.

ok then league 1,  you still didn't answer the question though.

He's a more composed and dominant keeper than Krul.

well i don't if he's improved on that score while on loan but after watching the pair of them come through the academy and reserves Forster has never been more composed or dominant than Krul.  To be fair i think both of them need to be more dominant but then again they are both kids and that will come with experience.

Problem solved.

Completely agree. Wouldn't "hand" Harper a coaching contract unless his form deteriorates, he's 36 today. Consider Van der Sar, Friedel, Schwarzer, all 39 plus.

Problem solved.

Completely agree. Wouldn't "hand" Harper a coaching contract unless his form deteriorates, he's 36 today. Consider Van der Sar, Friedel, Schwarzer, all 39 plus.

Sorry, mean't as "player/coach".