which nationalities make the worst Prem players?

Guest Invicta_Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Invicta_Toon

Croatian players:

Silvio Maric(Newcstle United)

Bosko Balaban(Aston Villa)

Igor Biscan(Liverpool)

Niko Kranjcar(Portsmouth)

Slaven Bilic(Everton,West Ham)

Davor Suker(Arsenal,West Ham)

Igor Stimac(Derby,West Ham)

Alen Boksic(Middlesbrough)

not biased at all  :lol:

Re: post regarding Argentinians.

It's absurd to be judging Tevez and Mascherano after what? 2 months? Pathetic. Heinze's is arguably the best left back in the world so I don't know where that came from. Crespo also played well, was top scorer (iirc) during his last season here.

And regarding Brazilians, Juninho was a star when he was here. Don't know how anyone could say he was one of the 'worst' Prem players. Similarly Gilberto has been a lynchpin in an Arsenal side that has played brilliant football. Edu was class for Arsenal, we should have snapped him up when he was on a free and with Baptista, how can you judge him after 2 months?

Arteta is average at best. Looks a lot better than he is in a industrialised Everton team.

Bollocks. He's class. Has excellent control, fantastic technique. Just because he's a simple player (similar to Alonso) doesn't mean he's 'average'. He does what he's supposed to do extremely well when in fact, he could actually do a lot more (like he showed when he was with Athletic Madrid and Rangers) but doesn't need to. We would be lucky to have him in our team and dictating the game.

Arteta is average at best. Looks a lot better than he is in a industrialised Everton team.

Bollocks. He's class. Has excellent control, fantastic technique. Just because he's a simple player (similar to Alonso) doesn't mean he's 'average'. He does what he's supposed to do extremely well when in fact, he could actually do a lot more (like he showed when he was with Athletic Madrid and Rangers) but doesn't need to. We would be lucky to have him in our team and dictating the game.

I rate him, but he'd be Luque mkII for us.

Croatian players:

Igor Biscan(Liverpool)

Bilic, Suker and Stimac were very good IMO, and Asanovic did quite well at Derby. Of course you can;'t expect positive things  being said about Croats coming from a Serb......;)

Croatian players:

Igor Biscan(Liverpool)

Bilic, Suker and Stimac were very good IMO, and Asanovic did quite well at Derby. Of course you can;'t expect positive things  being said about Croats coming from a Serb......;)

Even Biscan wasn't that terrible. He's right about Maric, though.

Croatian players:

Igor Biscan(Liverpool)

Even Biscan wasn't that terrible. He's right about Maric, though.

forgot to mention Jarni (didnt even play a game for Coventry), Stanic (what a goal against the Mackems), Strupar, Zivkovic, Prosinecki ,Vucko, Mornar (Portsmouth)

can't think of many Serbs, just Ilic and Milosevic, and they were shyte!

spanish & south american.

dunno why people have voted oriental. Its not like they're not suited to the premiership, just not good enough. Park Ji-Sung seems to play decent enough in the prem (not outstanding mind you).

There's not enough of a sample to actually judge 'oriental' players. The only ones that have tried to make it are Li Tie, Sun Ji Hai, Park Ji Sung, Nakata, Inamoto and a few others. Seriously, not enough of a sample to judge.

But RELATIVELY, they have been poor.

Many of the nationalities has had some ****ing proper failures, even just at this club - france (Boumwrong), Spain (Marcelino, Luque), Africa (Faye, Babayaro, Ameobi), Croatia (Maric), Ireland (Carr), et al.

Oh, and the person who said Arteta was just average - unbelievable.  bluelaugh.gif

There's not enough of a sample to actually judge 'oriental' players. The only ones that have tried to make it are Li Tie, Sun Ji Hai, Park Ji Sung, Nakata, Inamoto and a few others. Seriously, not enough of a sample to judge.

Many of the nationalities has had some ****ing proper failures, even just at this club - france (Boumwrong), Spain (Marcelino, Luque), Africa (Faye, Babayaro, Ameobi), Croatia (Maric), Ireland (Carr), et al.

Oh, and the person who said Arteta was just average - unbelievable.  bluelaugh.gif

Do you post just for the sake of posting?

FFS nothing is black and white. Every nation will have decent players that have made it - France (Henry, Vieira), Spain (Alonso), Africa (Drogba, Essien), Ireland (Given, Duff) et al - and they will have players that haven't made it.

I'd say Park has made it; getting regular appearances for the team on top of the table isn't something to look down upon. Sun made it till injury ruined this past couple of seasons for him but before that? A mainstay in a decent-ish Man City side. It's not a relative thing.

If you ARE going to look at a 'relative' thing, then how many English players don't make it? Just count up all the players in the Championship, League 1 etc. etc. and you'll find out. Relatively, English players make the worst Premiership players but that's obviously an absurd statement and that's why we can't look at things relatively.

Guest alexharrisonnufc

does Ali Dia count the one that played for southampton for like 20 minutes, wonderful signing by souness he also played for gateshead

Do you post just for the sake of posting?

FFS nothing is black and white. Every nation will have decent players that have made it - France (Henry, Vieira), Spain (Alonso), Africa (Drogba, Essien), Ireland (Given, Duff) et al - and they will have players that haven't made it.

I'd say Park has made it; getting regular appearances for the team on top of the table isn't something to look down upon. Sun made it till injury ruined this past couple of seasons for him but before that? A mainstay in a decent-ish Man City side. It's not a relative thing.

If you ARE going to look at a 'relative' thing, then how many English players don't make it? Just count up all the players in the Championship, League 1 etc. etc. and you'll find out. Relatively, English players make the worst Premiership players but that's obviously an absurd statement and that's why we can't look at things relatively.

Where did i say anything was black and white??

What i said was that many of the nationalities had some terrible players, even at our club. The inference was that it is impossible to select a nation that provides the worst players, because no country/countries provides entirely bad players. If you can't pick that up, i'm sorry. I'll try to spell things out in more simple terms next time.

The only relative thing i mentioned was the Oriental one (a false grouping anyway, btw), and its true - relative to other nations/regions, the Orient has produced the weaker players.

Guest kinaldo

Albert Ferrer was great at Chelsea in his first couple of years.

Ivan Campo has excelled at Bolton.

Fernando Hierro was fantastic during his short spell at the Reebok.

Xabi Alonso and Cesc Fabregas are big succeses.

Reyes was at times unbelievably good but just failed to settle in London.

Luis Garcia was never really a great player even in Spain but has done quite well.

So I guess people are voting for the Spanish based on Morientes and Marcelino.

Or Luque even though he's hardly had an opportunity to prove himself (6 Prem starts).

Luis Garcia was never really a great player even in Spain but has done quite well.

Or Luque even though he's hardly had an opportunity to prove himself (6 Prem starts).

In which he's proved himself shite.

Guest sunderlandsuck

i'd have to say south american, when you concider the skill involved compared to how they play, i can ponly think of wor nobby who has done well, just think of the two cockney argies

Guest kinaldo

In which he's proved himself shite.

Yeah and how many bad games did Henry and Bergkamp have when they first arrived at Arsenal? I can tell u it was more than 6 anyway.

Lucky for them and Arsenal they had a patient set of fans and manager.

Guest newcastle4life

Spanish and South american seem to struggle the way english teams play and the more physical style and pace Oriental players arent the best and struggle for speed or strengh.