Rayne Wooney banned for two games for sweary outburst

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Didn't David Prutton get a heavier punishment for something similar years ago when he was playing for Southampton?

Was trying to get to the linesman, 'shoved' the referee twice to get to him, got sent off, fined like 5 grand and banned for 10 games

Didn't David Prutton get a heavier punishment for something similar years ago when he was playing for Southampton?

Was trying to get to the linesman, 'shoved' the referee twice to get to him, got sent off, fined like 5 grand and banned for 10 games

Ah right, I see!

Referring back to the original topic at hand, my opinion of it all is that it is a silly and an OTT punishment for simply swearing.

Like some of you have said, consistency now becomes an issue.....

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Mirror are claiming Lee Mason was pressured into writing his match report to include the Rooney incident. :ali:

"It's hard to believe a ref would send a player off for scoring a hat-trick."

What a cunt. Honestly man, he comes across as such a patronising bastard in that interview. I don't care what he's achieved, I will never respect an arsehole.

"It's hard to believe a ref would send a player off for scoring a hat-trick."

What a cunt. Honestly man, he comes across as such a patronising bastard in that interview. I don't care what he's achieved, I will never respect an arsehole.

:thup:

There's some copper given some daft interview in the Sun saying he would have locked Rooney up for such a vile sickening 'rant'. He goes on to say that his officers will face 'more Rooneys' over the weekend - 'no doubt someone will be injured. One of my officers will have to tell a parent that their son or daughter is in hospital'

If I was Rooney I'd have my lawyers all over that sort of shite.

Unlike most of us who have never had a TV camera in our face, Rooney knows how to talk to the camera.  He knew that it was right there and looked right into it and said his piece.  It's not like he was caught up on a mega-close up zoom shot from a camera in the stands, or was caught in profile clearly looking at someone else. He was one-on-one with the camera.

I don't get the reaction about his ban.  Public offenses get public reactions. I think this is more of a case of the "FA cannot do nothing" rather than "FA must act" situation.  (I also think the total indignation by all the "offended in Surrey" and "Outraged in Hampshire" to Rooney language is OTT but I understand that action from the FA was inevitable).