Rayne Wooney banned for two games for sweary outburst

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest johnson293

voted "no" as I think the ugly cnut should have been given a 5 match ban and a fine.

if barton had done that he'd be slapped daft by the fa

Barton got a ban for touching his own cock, during a match which was caught by the camera man.  Rooney specificly swore at the camera and public.

He should be beheaded.

Barton didn't get banned for that did he?

If this is the one with Torres against Liverpool, then No, don't think he did.... much to the annoyance of Lee Dixon and Colin Murray on MOTD2 who wouldn't even show the incident as it was too vulgar, and they were most disgusted.

FA did look at it though, but just warned him to watch his future conduct.

we see players swearing all the time, often more aggressivly. this will only make sense is evry time a player is caught swearing he's booked/sent off or whatever.

Exactly but the same argument can be applied to video evidence. Mike Williamson, Barton and Bowyer all got bans after being caught on video. Rooney elbows a Wigan player and it was caught on video. He got away with it. The FA need to be consistent all the time. Applying rules shouldn't depend on who the player is or who they play for.

Yep, the consistency of follow up on these things is really poor. Been saying for ages their should be routine review of every Premier League game.

Also, the referees need to start growing some balls and booking players for dissent - they have the power already.

"Manchester United player Wayne Rooney has today admitted a charge for the use of offensive, insulting and / or abusive language.

"However, Rooney has submitted a claim that the automatic penalty of two games is clearly excessive. A commission will hear the submission tomorrow [Wednesday].

"The charge relates to an incident during his side’s fixture with West Ham United at the Boleyn Ground on Saturday 2 April 2011."

Can see it getting reduced to one now, so he can play at Wembley.

Was thinking quite the opposite, this seems more like a textbook case of frivolous appeal. Largely worth gambling though from ManU's perspective. Not like they would miss him that much against us.

Was thinking quite the opposite, this seems more like a textbook case of frivolous appeal. Largely worth gambling though from ManU's perspective. Not like they would miss him that much against us.

You seem to have forgotten which team and player is appealing. Let me remind you:

http://tribeofdad.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/manchester-united-club-crest-4900614.jpg

http://www.offthepost.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/ferguson-watch.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/empics/20110125/21/98329011-soccer-barclays-premier-league-blackpool-v-manchester-united-bloomfield-road.jpg

http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/design05/images/JonMC/May2008/united-500.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_BwMQiTTD5Ak/TA1-4xNxFoI/AAAAAAAABkI/sfSZykk8SbE/s1600/Wayne%2BRooney%2BEngland.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2009/3/31/1238519879511/Wayne-Rooney-and-Fabio-Ca-001.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01588/roo-ney_1588278c.jpg

:laugh:

we see players swearing all the time, often more aggressivly. this will only make sense is evry time a player is caught swearing he's booked/sent off or whatever.

Exactly but the same argument can be applied to video evidence. Mike Williamson, Barton and Bowyer all got bans after being caught on video. Rooney elbows a Wigan player and it was caught on video. He got away with it. The FA need to be consistent all the time. Applying rules shouldn't depend on who the player is or who they play for.

totally different as in the other cases the ref never saw it so the video eveidence coulkd be used. in the rooney/wigan case the ref saw it  and fucked up. if video evidence should be used for players swearing then there wouldn't be enough players left to fulfill next weeks fixtures. what the prem league  are saying is that it's worse because it was directed at the camera which is a crap excuse.

Guest Mantis

A joke punishment, but the uneducated knob wont learn anyway.  Symptomatic of a section of the game which have no class.

what the prem league  are saying is that it's worse because it was directed at the camera which is a crap excuse.

They're thinking about their product - a global product - and they want to be able to say "We're thinking of the hundreds of millions of people around the world who may have been offended."

Think of it the same way as taking the shirt of in celebration suddenly being worthy of a yellow card. It's got nothing to do with the game but the sensibilities of some viewers who find it offensive.

If it was anyone other than Rooney and Man USA I'd be betting on an extension to three games under the frivolous appeal rule. As it is, I'm very curious to see which way the wind blows.

what the prem league  are saying is that it's worse because it was directed at the camera which is a crap excuse.

They're thinking about their product - a global product - and they want to be able to say "We're thinking of the hundreds of millions of people around the world who may have been offended."

Think of it the same way as taking the shirt of in celebration suddenly being worthy of a yellow card. It's got nothing to do with the game but the sensibilities of some viewers who find it offensive.

If it was anyone other than Rooney and Man USA I'd be betting on an extension to three games under the frivolous appeal rule. As it is, I'm very curious to see which way the wind blows.

the real reason behind the "no taking the shirt off" ? it was to stop unscrupulous advertising.

"Wayne Rooney's two-game ban will be upheld..."

:tiote:

"Wayne Rooney is suspended from football for 10 years..."

:dowie:

"That means he won't be playing until... I don't even know, 2034?"

:lol::lol:

:lol: :lol:

Dean Kiely on You're on Sky Sports claiming he was genuinely uncomfortable with Rooney's actions. Love how people get on their high horses about shit as soon as the media are behind it.

So disturbed that whenever asked whether such behaviour should be forced out of the game, he stuttered for about 10 minutes and would then state it would be a 'futile' attempt that would never work.