International midfielder. Who is it?

Guest sicko2ndbest

"I think we’re close on one player which we would like to get over the line. And I can say that because he’s an international player – not someone who belongs to one of the bottom four battling relegation. There are two or three others we’re monitoring and we know what the figures are to get them over the line."

The Sunday Sun is reporting the international player is primarily a central midfielder, is based in continental Europe, and that the fee has already been agreed with his club.

"I think we’re close on one player which we would like to get over the line. And I can say that because he’s an international player – not someone who belongs to one of the bottom four battling relegation. There are two or three others we’re monitoring and we know what the figures are to get them over the line."

The Sunday Sun is reporting the international player is primarily a central midfielder, is based in continental Europe, and that the fee has already been agreed with his club.

Some people reckon it's some lad from Roma, but that is from NUFC blog, so that will be bullshit.

Menez is less of a CM than Ireland.

Menez usually plays on the left or behind the striker, at least he did for Monaco. Can't see him coming here - probably just a rumour made up by an airhead somewhere that has been blown out of proportion on the internet.

Guest Heneage

Menez is less of a CM than Ireland.

Menez usually plays on the left or behind the striker, at least he did for Monaco.

Much the same for Roma ergo my confusion as to how it could be our mystery CM?

I think they'd be daft to buy him essentially he's a slight variation on Ben Arfa.

Menez is surely a 10m+ player no?  can't see that being right unless we're exploiting some clause again or whatever

Menez is surely a 10m+ player no?  can't see that being right unless we're exploiting some clause again or whatever

I don't think fees like that would be an issue to Ashley if that's the player's true market value or he feels he can sell for more in a few years time.

It's being ripped off for players I don't think he'll do.

Strange that neither Pardew or Lee Ryder have commented on it. Seems like more rubbish from the sunday sun.

Pardew: "I think we’re close on one player which we would like to get over the line. And I can say that because he’s an international player – not someone who belongs to one of the bottom four battling relegation. There are two or three others we’re monitoring and we know what the figures are to get them over the line."

Lee Ryder is little more than a club spokesman.