International midfielder. Who is it?

Guest sicko2ndbest

The fact that he's a Center Midfielders made me care a bit less.. do we really need another one? we already got Barton Tiote Nolan Guthrie and Gosling.

Depends on the quality imo and how much money we have for other positions.

The fact that he's a Center Midfielders made me care a bit less.. do we really need another one? we already got Barton Tiote Nolan Guthrie and Gosling.

No one using it as a sign of Tiote's impending departure yet ?

:thup:

This was my first thought. Striker or two is surely a priority??

Almost certain it is Ireland

Reading the quotes and the article this has all started from, i'd interpret it as a centre midfielder in the PL but not from a side in relegation trouble who has caps for another international side.

Almost certain it is Ireland

Doesn't make any sense though. He's not based in continental Europe, he's not "big in his home country," and Pardew really wouldn't be doing this whole "dropping hints" song and dance if we were just signing a player who's already been with us this season.

a) Tiote suspensions plus the fact he's off to the African nations next January means we need a bit more depth

b) Gosling has proved nothing yet

c) Smith is absolute shite

That potentially leaves: Barton, Nolan and Guthrie as the olny players with Premier League credentials over the busy January period

This was my first thought. Striker or two is surely a priority??

Hmmm...We've got Ameobis already do we really need anybody else?

Guest Heneage

First test for Pardew this. If it comes off good, if it doesn't he's shot his load to the press and will be sat looking embarrassed if nothing happens.

Well, that was a shit match. Now back to the good part: speculating about hypothetical transfers that may or may not happen.

For three whole months.

I kinda like silly season. :-[

Bar the lack of actual football, obviously.