Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

My brother-in-law is a season ticket holder at Arsenal and doesn't rate Wallcott at all, he says he is frustratingly inconsistent and extremely poor with the ball. To me, whenever I watch him, I just see a dangerous and quite effective player, someone who is never great but always capable of something good. Arsenal fans are spoilt in my opinion. Wallcott is a very good Premier League player, easily. Not worth the apparent 100K a week of course but he is one of their better players. I'd have him here in a shot. To be fair to him, he has been messed around by Wenger in regards to position and starts.

Walcott hasn't been messed around in terms of position. He's not good enough to play as a lone striker, lets be fair - at least not in a team that wants to challenge for major honours. Media seem to go on like he's Ian Wright or Lineker, which is how good you need to be to succeed as that kind of forward.

Wenger had the right idea trying to develop his game. All the young players he signs start out wide, or deeper in midfield before he gives them the the crucial #10 or #9 positions in his team. In Arsenal's current position mind with their striking options it probably is the best option to play him there, but that's more an indicament of the position they are now as a club and a squad.

:thup:

Would take him in a shot, like. Just not good enough to be upfront in a SUPERCLUB.

In a front two at a lesser club he's capable of 20+ a season.

Players in the last 10 years who have scored 20+ goals a season, in consecutive seasons:

Thierry Henry

Ruud van Nistelrooy

Carlos Tevez

Players in the last 10 years who have scored 20+ goals a season, in multiple seasons:

Thierry Henry

Ruud van Nistelrooy

Carlos Tevez

Didier Drogba

Wayne Rooney

Either you rate Walcott too highly, or you think 20+ goals a season is a lot more achievable than it is.

Isn't Brek Shea fairly skinny and lightweight? He's gonna enjoy training with those c***s.

He's pretty tall for a dancy player. Like Cristiano Ronaldo I say.

I know he's tall but I remember reading he was massively weak as p*ss.

Well he's not a bull by any means.

He's got plenty of talent, just still very raw. Could see him very easily wasting away on the bench at Stoke.

He and Michael Kightly will become good friends.

Speaking of, from his wiki page:

"He grew up supporting Manchester United but switched allegiances to Tottenham Hotspur after he realized that he was glory hunting."

:lol: Because being from Essex and supporting Spurs isn't also glory hunting.

We actually have a large constituency in Essex - although Basildon is West Ham. However, and more to the point, he actually played for us as a kid :lol:. Bit harsh.

Plus, he was born in 86. Not too many glory-hunters will have followed us in the late 90s.

Guest Miguel Piñero

Players in the last 10 years who have scored 20+ goals a season, in consecutive seasons:

Thierry Henry

Ruud van Nistelrooy

Carlos Tevez

Players in the last 10 years who have scored 20+ goals a season, in multiple seasons:

Thierry Henry

Ruud van Nistelrooy

Carlos Tevez

Didier Drogba

Wayne Rooney

Either you rate Walcott too highly, or you think 20+ goals a season is a lot more achievable than it is.

Is that in all comps

Guest bimpy474

Isn't Brek Shea fairly skinny and lightweight? He's gonna enjoy training with those c***s.

He's got plenty of talent, just still very raw. Could see him very easily wasting away on the bench at Stoke.

"He grew up supporting Manchester United but switched allegiances to Tottenham Hotspur after he realized that he was glory hunting."

We actually have a large constituency in Essex - although Basildon is West Ham. However, and more to the point, he actually played for us as a kid :lol:. Bit harsh.

Plus, he was born in 86. Not too many glory-hunters will have followed us in the late 90s.

Useless bit of info but in my previous employment as removals man, i moved Michael Kightly and his family when he was 16 or so, he had a lovely looking sister.

And this is for you Leffe,  i moved Darren Caskey just after he left Spurs..

Thierry Henry

Ruud van Nistelrooy

Carlos Tevez

Thierry Henry

Ruud van Nistelrooy

Carlos Tevez

Didier Drogba

Wayne Rooney

Is that in all comps

No. Premier League. I'd agree that 20+ in all comps is achievable, especially with all the Europa League football he'd see.

Useless bit of info but in my previous employment as removals man, i moved Michael Kightly and his family when he was 16 or so, he had a lovely looking sister.

Ah, Darren Caskey, we liked him :lol:. Tidy little player. Ah well. Didn't realize his son now plays for Brighton (thanks Wiki - and Jesus, now that makes me feel old). Reminds me about Danny Hill - was around at the same time and looked absolutely brilliant in the reserves, but couldn't make the step up. He ended up in darkest Essex too.

My brother-in-law is a season ticket holder at Arsenal and doesn't rate Wallcott at all, he says he is frustratingly inconsistent and extremely poor with the ball. To me, whenever I watch him, I just see a dangerous and quite effective player, someone who is never great but always capable of something good. Arsenal fans are spoilt in my opinion. Wallcott is a very good Premier League player, easily. Not worth the apparent 100K a week of course but he is one of their better players. I'd have him here in a shot. To be fair to him, he has been messed around by Wenger in regards to position and starts.

Walcott hasn't been messed around in terms of position. He's not good enough to play as a lone striker, lets be fair - at least not in a team that wants to challenge for major honours. Media seem to go on like he's Ian Wright or Lineker, which is how good you need to be to succeed as that kind of forward.

Wenger had the right idea trying to develop his game. All the young players he signs start out wide, or deeper in midfield before he gives them the the crucial #10 or #9 positions in his team. In Arsenal's current position mind with their striking options it probably is the best option to play him there, but that's more an indicament of the position they are now as a club and a squad.

I don't get the whole he must play up front thing from the media either, imho he is at his best in a wide forward role where he can still cut inside and get goals. If it was 10-15 years ago and most teams played 2 strikers then yes he would thrive up front but on his own I just can't see it.

His major weakness as a player isn't an inherent lack of talent- he's got plenty- but poor decision making, typically he does his very best stuff when he doesn't have as much time to think about what he has to do while often (not always see his first goal vs us) when he has time something goes wrong.

Guest bimpy474

Ah, Darren Caskey, we liked him :lol:. Tidy little player. Ah well. Didn't realize his son now plays for Brighton (thanks Wiki - and Jesus, now that makes me feel old). Reminds me about Danny Hill - was around at the same time and looked absolutely brilliant in the reserves, but couldn't make the step up. He ended up in darkest Essex too.

I remember Spurs coming and signing Southend's two full backs, Edinburgh and Austin who were both crap, yet ignored Chris Powell. Ah yes Danny Hill, he was Championship Manager-tastic before it became FM. :lol:

Would take him in a shot, like. Just not good enough to be upfront in a SUPERCLUB.

Where would you play him though? Hatem is better ( goes without saying) and i think he would be pretty ineffective down the left unless you're thinking of 4-4-2 and playing him with Cisse of course.

Where would you play him though? Hatem is better ( goes without saying) and i think he would be pretty ineffective down the left unless you're thinking of 4-4-2 and playing him with Cisse of course.

Hatem would do just as fine on the left imho

not that it would ever happen (or rather it could just not here) but cisee with ben arfa and walcott in behind would work.

I remember Spurs coming and signing Southend's two full backs, Edinburgh and Austin who were both crap, yet ignored Chris Powell. Ah yes Danny Hill, he was Championship Manager-tastic before it became FM. :lol:

Never knew that last bit :lol:. I remember going to one reserve match (back when it was first-teamers getting back to fitness plus a couple of kids) and he was absolutely amazing, made loads of pros look like donkeys.

I hate to say it on here, but I should point out that Justin Edinburgh has two Cup winners medals with us...

Play HBA centrally, behind Cisse, and Walcott out right. Or HBA out left, he'd be okay there too.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Kaka back to Milan is almost done according to reports in Italy.

Sky Italia reckon Liverpool have bid for Phillipe Coutinho.

Hatem and Walcott are completely different players with different strengths. In terms of effectiveness it's very naive/biased to suggest Hatem's clearly better. He's not.

Hatem and Walcott are completely different players with different strengths. In terms of effectiveness it's very naive/biased to suggest Hatem's clearly better. He's not.

I was going to slate this but I sort of agree. In terms of footballing ability, Hatem is miles ahead. Effectiveness? Walcott will always have blistering pace which can destroy teams, even on an off day. Would happily have them both, though :aww: