Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Looking frustrated with what is going on around him...

I'd be disappointed if he wasn't.

He must be asking himself why he's here, wasting the peak years of his career.

Cabaye's been instrumental in getting a lot of the French guys in, and must be feeling responsible. This makes me think that Cabaye's our best chance of getting rid of Pardew, and I can see him either going public and telling the world what a shite manager Pardew is, or, probably more likely, leading a mutiny in the camp against Pardew.

Certainly can't see him hanging around with Pardew calling the shots. Or should I say, lack of them.

Not for the first time he was subbed rather than being sent off. He'd been looking at the floor and dugout for the last 30 minutes and suddenly saw red when yet another throw in decision didn't go our way. As the captain this simply isn't/wasn't good enough.

Guest hatem garrincha

I don't think he'll talk negative about the man who gives him the amband and says he's his most intelligent player.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Sissoko      Tiote

HBA Cabaye  Marveaux (Preferably new attacker)

Cisse

That's the role that I would like to see him tested in. He'd do less running playing in the hole but he'd probably still drop a little bit deeper and help-out the 2 CMs when required.

Thus far, in his NUFC career, "running the show" has not been one of Cabaye's strengths. He's a player that produces "moments of magic"; I hope playing him further up the park would put him in dangerous positions to produce those moments more frequently.

Except that Cabaye isn't the type of player who can dribble and quicken the play. If he's being man marked he'll have to drop deep into our half before being able to play a forward ball. The only player we have suited for that role is Ben Arfa 

He'll go in the summer imo. He'll either request a transfer on footballing grounds and get it, while we get fed the 'impossible to hold on to players when sovereign states bid for them' line. Or, he'll want to stay and force the issue within the club about the state of our 'tactics' and Pardew will see to it that he's removed from the group.

Sissoko      Tiote

HBA Cabaye  Marveaux (Preferably new attacker)

Cisse

That's the role that I would like to see him tested in. He'd do less running playing in the hole but he'd probably still drop a little bit deeper and help-out the 2 CMs when required.

Thus far, in his NUFC career, "running the show" has not been one of Cabaye's strengths. He's a player that produces "moments of magic"; I hope playing him further up the park would put him in dangerous positions to produce those moments more frequently.

Except that Cabaye isn't the type of player who can dribble and quicken the play. If he's being man marked he'll have to drop deep into our half before being able to play a forward ball. The only player we have suited for that role is Ben Arfa 

True. But his attributes are more suited to that position, as opposed to CM. He demonstrated it yesterday with a nice pass to Cisse for the goal.

You don't always need a Ben Arfa type of player to play in that position.

Just one of the many reasons (albeit one of the main ones) why Pardew has to go.

Agreed, wasting one of the best Midfield talents we've had in years. The kind of player you could build a passing team that dictates tempo and possession

Which is why I understand Cabaye's frustration as well, considering that's what Pardew told him he'd be used for when he joined. 

He's being criminally misused and Pardew deserves any grief he gets, which I think will start getting worse at the Liverpool game.

I don't think he'll talk negative about the man who gives him the amband and says he's his most intelligent player.

He's probably been told to keep his mouth shut and if he does, a transfer to OT may be arranged...

It might even be set up already...would anyone be surprised at what this club does...?

Guest icemanblue

He's probably been told to keep his mouth shut and if he does, a transfer to OT may be arranged...

It might even be set up already...would anyone be surprised at what this club does...?

Nah, I know where you're coming from, mate. It wouldn't surprise me if Pardew deliberately has all of the team playing shit so that we can shift them all in the summer, for massively reduced fees. Wouldn't put it past him, the horrible cunt.

Nah, I know where you're coming from, mate. It wouldn't surprise me if Pardew deliberately has all of the team playing s*** so that we can shift them all in the summer, for massively reduced fees. Wouldn't put it past him, the horrible c***.

ooooooh sarcasm.

Guest icemanblue

Ah, man. Proper rumbled. I was trying to get involved. Would it be better if I posted complete speculation, presented as fact, based on an irritable, feisty player being angry during a match?

Ah, man. Proper rumbled. I was trying to get involved. Would it be better if I posted complete speculation, presented as fact, based on an irritable, feisty player being angry during a match?

Yeah, if you could do that that'd be greeaaat.

Nah, I know where you're coming from, mate. It wouldn't surprise me if Pardew deliberately has all of the team playing s*** so that we can shift them all in the summer, for massively reduced fees. Wouldn't put it past him, the horrible c***.

Bit harsh. He's just a poor tactician with a love for s*** excuses and talking crap. To be fair, he is quite horrible.

The attempt at irony was a nice try, but in the real world, Fergie KNOWS how good Cabaye could be in his side....

Other managers won't be fooled by sub-standard performances from players in Pardew's set up....!