Yohan Cabaye retires

Dont Monaco have a big meeting with FFA about the tax rules and stuff and whether they willbe accepted into the league on Thursday? Cant see them spendning anything more until thats sorted.

Why? They'll still bring in the best regardless of he outcome.

Never said they wouldnt, just that they would most likely wait 5 fdays to find out either way.

I am sure any potential signing would want to wait and see what happens though, if Monaco are made to move then it will have a huge impact on any wages.

Guest Roger Kint

Dont Monaco have a big meeting with FFA about the tax rules and stuff and whether they willbe accepted into the league on Thursday? Cant see them spendning anything more until thats sorted.

Why? They'll still bring in the best regardless of he outcome.

Never said they wouldnt, just that they would most likely wait 5 fdays to find out either way.

I am sure any potential signing would want to wait and see what happens though, if Monaco are made to move then it will have a huge impact on any wages.

Exactly. Its not like the end of the transfer window is near so all parties will likely want to wait.

Newcastle deny rumour Yohan Cabaye is in Monaco for medical

Newcastle have rubbished suggestions Yohan Cabaye is in Monaco undergoing a medical ahead of a €28 million (£23 million) move to the club.

The French television station L'Equipe 21 is believed to have mentioned the possible transfer late on Friday night.

Cabaye's future at St James' Park has been in doubt this summer with alleged interest from Roma, Paris St Germain, Tottenham and Monaco.

The 27-year-old admitted in an interview on French television last week that he was impressed by Manchester United, but he has not asked Newcastle for a transfer and privately there was a hardening of resolve to keep hold of a player that has proved a bargain at the €5 million (£4.25 million) he cost from Lille two years ago.

Cabaye is now a full France international and that has increased speculation that the cash rich pairing of PSG and Monaco are ready to come calling. Monaco, backed by the Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev have already spent £115 million this summer on Falcao, Rodriguez and Joao Moutinho. Cabaye was also unhappy with Newcastle's final league position last season, when the club finished fifth bottom, having finished fifth top the season before.

However sources at Newcastle have insisted Cabaye is not in Monaco and that a deal has not been agreed to sell him to the Ligue Two champions. Instead they insist there have been no offers for a player who spent large parts of last season as their captain and that he remains a part of Alan Pardew's plans.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/newcastle-deny-rumour-yohan-cabaye-is-in-monaco-for-medical-8659998.html

Some thoughts about the summer - i´ll put it here since it also concerns Cabaye.

Cabaye - these facts or rumours about cabaye is probably what i feared the most this summer. Selling him (or for example arfa) will definitely unsettle some of our other key players. If cabaye is sold early then it is super important that we act very fast with a quality replacement. Otherwise we will have players like arfa thinking about leaving asap imo.

It is a very important window, ashley/pardew might feel we did well in january, but we really have to improve with minimum 3 quality signings this window - if any key players doesn´t leave that is. You need a good squad to attract new quality players in order to keep what you have. Ashley should know that.

Colo - sounds like he is staying. Not sure i like that, don´t get me wrong, i do like him. But he used to be our captain...he simply can´t keep the armband imo. Give it to Mbiwa and hopefully colo is professional enough that he will understand and still perform next to Mbiwa in central defends.

Sell: ameobi, williamson, obertan, gosling. I could accept keeping Jonas if i knew he would be used as a sub.

Hope we sign: quality LW, Att. midfielder/forward and a  striker. Alsope we sign a promising young CB instead of williamson. Maybe we have enough for CB positions if colo is staying. Colo, Mbiwa, Taylor and 4th choice young promising CB should be ok for next season imo.

I don't rate him particularly highly,  however Pardews tactics clearly took hold last year. His game did improve towards the end of last season.

Money isnt my god but I can see the reasoning behind cashing in, if we can spend the money on new players, which I doubt.

Hes not vital to our team IMO but id prefer him to stay.

I don't rate him particularly highly,  however Pardews tactics clearly took hold last year. His game did improve towards the end of last season.

Money isnt my god but I can see the reasoning behind cashing in, if we can spend the money on new players, which I doubt.

Hes not vital to our team IMO but id prefer him to stay.

He's the only player in the squad that can come close to making Pardew's ideal 40 yard passes.  He is vital to Pardew's game. 

But as long as Pardew still got his job and getting paid he won't care.  :pardsgrin:

Pardew's kick the ball as hard and high as you can ethos is the catalyst to this change in Yo Cabs' attitude I would imagine. Once again, I state the squad has too much footballing talent for Pardew's no frills style of football. With a decent manager who believes in playing the game the way it should be played, there would be a far greater chance of these International class players wanting to stay.

I'd let him go but I'd squeeze as much out of them as we can. Sissoko and Tiote in the middle with Marveaux pushed on might work better for us anyway. If we can get enough to invest in a good striker and a natural left winger and we'll probably have done well from this.

The only thing that made me think he'd stay was Debuchy arriving in January, as shit as we are I expected him to give it one more season seeing as we have his pal in our squad now too.

Title change-worthy?

But nothing's changed? :lol:

Course it has. A bloke who last month said Valdes was having a medical is quoting L'Equipe TV, where there's nothing on either their main website or TV part is even hinting at this, and there's an article here saying we've denied it. When I see it somewhere other than that original Tweet I think it's much ado about nothing.

£23m is a good price. If that offer came in he's gone. Ashley may try and squeeze a few more mil or get him to wave his cut with a transfer request but he's as good as gone at that fee.

I'd let him go but I'd squeeze as much out of them as we can. Sissoko and Tiote in the middle with Marveaux pushed on might work better for us anyway. If we can get enough to invest in a good striker and a natural left winger and we'll probably have done well from this.

Yep. :)

Guest Roger Kint

Yep. :)

Dont let Ashley hear that. £20m profit and fans dont want a replacement?

Guest Roger Kint

Ditch him and buy Gareth Barry

:thup:

Ben Arfa out, Milner in as well.

We will be NETD in the wage league again :thup: