Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Pardew:

"I thought it was unfair – the guy was coming towards him, and he was trying to keep him away. There’s no malice in that. I’m disappointed the TV highlighted that, I really am.

“Yohan’s not that type of person. Perhaps there weren’t enough incidents in the game and they wanted to try to find something. As far as I’m concerned, he’s done nothing wrong.”

I couldn't agree more.

Pardew:

"I thought it was unfair – the guy was coming towards him, and he was trying to keep him away. There’s no malice in that. I’m disappointed the TV highlighted that, I really am.

“Yohan’s not that type of person. Perhaps there weren’t enough incidents in the game and they wanted to try to find something. As far as I’m concerned, he’s done nothing wrong.”

I couldn't agree more.

Pards :clap:

Guest neesy111

There is a major flaw in how you get so many different incidents that occur under Violent Conduct but all bans are for 3 matches.  Nothing is taken in the context of what the incident was.

IMO Cabaye deserves a 2 match ban for what he did.

Think there's some bias here tbh

You can tell by the aggression on Cabaye's face he meant to have a dig.  Nasty little streak that's creeping more and more into his game.

You want him to have an edge, but not so much as it's causing him disciplinary problems.

Guest Geordiesned

Has an appeal ever worked?

I was about to ask the same. I certainly can't remember any.

I really don't see the point in their being an appeal process when essentially the FA have already decided upon a player's guilt when they charge them. As I understand it the appeal is held in front of those very same people so they're not going to change their minds. The only way for an appeal process to be fair and transparent is for it to he held by an independent body. No chance of that with the current corrupt set up though.

Guest neesy111

I was about to ask the same. I certainly can't remember any.

I really don't see the point in their being an appeal process when essentially the FA have already decided upon a player's guilt when they charge them. As I understand it the appeal is held in front of those very same people so they're not going to change their minds. The only way for an appeal process to be fair and transparent is for it to he held by an independent body. No chance of that with the current corrupt set up though.

Aye, how corrupt is it that the FA appeals process is done by the same people.  I think a few managers have pointed this out in that there needs to be an independent appeals process.

The time has come for referees match reviews (on how they did) to become public as well as fans are fed up with the gentlemans club they have.  Former referee is in charge of referees, lovely biased reviews.

Guest VaVaVoom

Few times this season he has been lucky not to be sent off and i think the FA have just seen this one as the last straw.

No complaints. Learn from in Yohan.

Makes the next few games much harder because of his stupidity. No excuses.

Guest neesy111

Shearer.

Against Lennon?  FA should have threw the book at him for saying he wouldn't play for England if they found him guilty.  Another example of him thinking he was above the game.

Guest neesy111

Will he play vs Blackburn if he appeals?

Appeal decision will be made by then.

Not sure, this is a violent conduct and not a sending off he's appealing ???

Guest neesy111

I would have no problem with Cabaye missing 3 games if the FA were consistent and reviewed every game but they don't, they do FA when it suits them.

This.

Didn't realise Lennon gave evidence on Shearer's behalf at the appeal hearing. Can't see El-Arsehole from Brighton doing the same, he was happy enough to absolutely clatter Cabaye from behind before going crying to the referee.