Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Dont really care to be honest.

I don't understand this at all, the lad is a quality footballer and you don't care that he is leaving the club you support?

You say 2 games a season, but sorry, that's nonsense. Any time we've played well with Cabaye in the team, he has been instrumental. He has at times been one of few players out there that even play remotely well and at times has even got us the points himself. The lad is a cracking midfielder and he has goals in his locker as well. As I said before, he doesn't show up every game, but why would he? Let's be realistic, he plays for Newcastle, not Man Utd or Real Madrid. We've seen how good he can be, if he's like that every week why the fuck would he be here? We're actually quite lucky to have him considering what other lower to mid table sides have, and we're selling him.

We're selling one of our top players and this "I don't care" attitude is complete and utter apathy. It pretty much sums up our support for next season, I mean we all know what's coming under Pardew. I just fear it's going to be a hell of a lot worse than we imagined when players like Cabaye are leaving, because we'll no doubt replace them with complete shite, if we even do replace them (half of Cabaye's fee won't go towards a CM).

At least it's Monaco so we're probably getting a pot of gold for him.

Just find it pretty hard to care about the squad when we're probably headed for a managerial change and major upheaval midseason anyway. No point crying over a loose floorboard when the whole house is coming down soon.

Just find it pretty hard to care about the squad when we're probably headed for a managerial change and major upheaval midseason anyway. No point crying over a loose floorboard when the whole house is coming down soon.

If we're to change manager mid-season I'd rather he had players like Cabaye in the team than mediocre shite.

If we're to change manager mid-season I'd rather he had players like Cabaye in the team than mediocre shite.

Cabaye's future was decided when the club decided to keep Pardew. We were never keeping him long term after that

i think we're all under-estimating the WC year aspect in this as well myself, i certainly did 'til it was pointed out again the other day

yes i'm sure he's sick of playing under pardew but he'll also know in doing so he's less likely to go to brazil

interesting to see HBA's next move

Disappointed a quality player is leaving but his form has been poor over last few months so that cabaye and not the one who was running the show last year is sellable!

I just think that after relegation I care less about individual players because they're all replaceable and more about the club

GOOAL LAZIOO ‏@Ldntoon 2m

@Nicolam1980 there could be a bid coming but there's defo not a medical atm

View conversation  Reply  Retweet  Favorite  More

No idea who he is but seems as equal a source to that one who posted the L'Equipe 21 link. :lol:

EF News ‏@EPLFooty 13m

Cabaye rumours are false. No fabrication to the story. #ASM #NUFC

Expand  Reply  Retweet  Favorite  More

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 28m

Re: Cabaye. We have no confirmation on those medical at Monaco reports. More on it as we get it. #NUFC #ASM

Expand

Guest icemanblue

Eh? What? I took the night off, is this real? Not a chance I'm reading 15+ pages of the Virgin Suicides to find out. Bit of a rollercoaster reading one tweet saying Colo's staying followed by another saying Cabaye's off. :lol:

Guest neesy111

I know it doesn't benefit us much, but I really hope he lays into the management when he's away.

Yeah, that'll help.

zzzzzz

Guest Geordiesned

@F8Piraux: AS Monaco want Yohan Cabaye for a long time and the player is interested by the project one year before the World Cup. #Nufc #asmfc