"Real radio" priced out of live commentary next season.

Scoreboard82

Saved £60k + £30k ackem coverage. Wages of two commentators. + wages of two co-commentators. I'd imagine there would be a production crew to pay. Expenses all round for everyone concerned. Minimum 19 away games for each Club - travel expenses /hotels/fuel/train.

I reckon they've saved a shitload more than £60k.

Saved £60k + £30k ackem coverage. Wages of two commentators. + wages of two co-commentators. I'd imagine there would be a production crew to pay. Expenses all round for everyone concerned. Minimum 19 away games for each Club - travel expenses /hotels/fuel/train.

on the other hand lost whatever advertising revenue they got from having the games which would be big enough I imagine

on the other hand lost whatever advertising revenue they got from having the games which would be big enough I imagine

How much would 3/4 hrs ad revenue bring in?

There isn't usually a production crew for radio commentary btw, just the people at the studio receiving their signal from the stadium.

Just the two commentators and the mobile kit to plug in.

Fairplay to fuckers at Real Radio for making stand. I would say listening to a match on the radio is my last option after the following: Going to the game, watching on TV/stream, finding out Phil Thompson is covering us on Soccer Saturday.

If this was the cash bonanza some are making out I doubt a commercial radio station would of just said no. Nice to see even in the cash strapped times Aunty has still got wedge.

Lockwood is an awful commentator mind, far too over excited and reckons we've done enough to deserve to win every game. Moncur usually goes to the other extreme to counter it aswell, it's nearly impossible to work out how well we've actually played.

Listen to the Derby day commentary and tell me Justin Lockwood is shit - he's brilliant man.

"A reminder of the score with 89 minutes played, Newcastle 5 Sunderland nil. This will hurt. This will hurt. I mean technically this is a breach of human rights. Someone needs to call Amnesty International. This isn't a football match anymore, this is torture."

:lol:

Lockwood is an awful commentator mind, far too over excited and reckons we've done enough to deserve to win every game. Moncur usually goes to the other extreme to counter it aswell, it's nearly impossible to work out how well we've actually played.

This.  I once took my headphones to a game I was going to by myself, and stuck the commentary on.  What he described was Lovenkrands having a shot that 'whisked just past the post'.  What actually happened was that it trickled about 3 feet wide.

I won't knock his passion, but his description of what is actually happening is dreadful.

Mick Lowes is the best commentator by miles - been the voice of me listening to the toon on the wireless for 20+ years now. Indeed I think he took over from Charles Harrison on Metro? Ando is a good lad and calls it as it is - no brown nosing from him. If people take that as negativity then more the fool them.