Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

Something like a goal every 2.5 games over the last 6 years, not bad stats.  He also looked pretty good on those youtube videos, but so does Martins.

I hope we sign him and Ba, £6m-£8m for the pair would be good business.

NEWCASTLE United have bid for Paris-Saint Germain striker Mevlüt Erdinç for the second time as they react quickly to the disappointment of missing out on Kevin Gameiro.

Gameiro’s decision to reject a move to United in favour of staying in France with PSG has opened up an alternative route for manager Alan Pardew in his search for new strikers, and Erdinç is his new target.

With the club’s interest in Ivory Coast international Gervinho cooling, Erdinç has moved up their wanted list, particularly as PSG will almost certainly have to sell to finance their £10m move for Gameiro.

The glamour club of Ligue 1 have qualified for the Europa League for next season – something which counted against the Magpies – but they do not really have the sort of financial muscle to keep hold of Erdinç after spending so much on another centre-forward.

Pardew said: “Erdinç has always been on our radar.

“He’s a very good player and that is all I will say at the moment.

“We had a bit of a disappointment with Kevin Gameiro as he has decided to go elsewhere. We made a fantastic offer to the club and to him but these things happen.

“We tried very hard on that one, but we always knew there would be setbacks along the way and we have always had other people in mind, deals we have been trying to keep to ourselves for obvious reasons.

“We are working extremely hard to make those deals happen and I’m pretty happy with how things have gone so far. We should have another signing finished in the next few days, and we will able to confirm that one as well.”

Newcastle first bid for Erdinç on their return to the Premier League when Chris Hughton was manager last summer, but were unable to tempt PSG to sell the France-born Turkish international. The 24-year-old, though, has been watched regularly by United scouts since then and Pardew has also liked what he has seen of the striker, who is best playing alongside a target man.

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/06/14/mevlut-erdinc-is-alan-pardew-s-new-transfer-target-61634-28872004/#ixzz1PEd2Uvx0

Although he is not a prolific goalscorer, with one goal in 13 appearances for Turkey, he is quick and busy and Newcastle feel his style of play is well suited to the Premier League.

Pardew would like to pair him with West Ham striker Demba Ba next season, although Newcastle know they face competition for the Senegal international.

Nevertheless, the 26-year-old is very much in their sights and Pardew will also hope to be able to confirm his arrival before the start of pre-season training in July.

He said: “Demba Ba has done very well since he came to England and he’s a good player. I’m very much aware of him and I probably know what he is capable of more than most because I’ve known about him for a while, before he went to West Ham.

“We’re not the only club who are interested, but we are trying. There is always competition and we will keep plugging away.”

The United manager will still look to sign at least another two players before the close of the window, even if Erdinç and Ba join Yohan Cabaye on Tyneside in the coming weeks.

Pardew added: “If we can get him and another two in before the end of next week I’ll still be looking for another two new faces to join us before the start of the season.

“To get a player like Yohan Cabaye in so early has been a big bonus. Not many clubs have managed that sort of business yet so I’m very happy with that.”

FWIW I wouldn't be unhappy with Erdinc either. If Cabaye likes making quick passes into the space then this lad seems very good at getting behind defenders. You'd like to think Carr has done his homework and likes what he sees.

Hmm, we have remained pretty tight lipped about transfers in the last year or two, strange that Pardew is now pretty much saying we're going for Ba and Erding.

Not being skeptical like, just not used to it.  Ba, Erding, Taylor and Cabaye all in before the end of June would be mental, but probably won't happen.  Would make a refreshing change to get players in so early though.

Guest magpie99

If we can get him and another two in before the end of next week Ill still be looking for another two new faces to join us before the start of the season"

Erdinc, Ba, N Taylor...+2. Nice.

One of the 2 to replace Enrique

Guest magpie99

Hmm, we have remained pretty tight lipped about transfers in the last year or two, strange that Pardew is now pretty much saying we're going for Ba and Erding.

Not being skeptical like, just not used to it.  Ba, Erding, Taylor and Cabaye all in before the end of June would be mental, but probably won't happen.  Would make a refreshing change to get players in so early though.

ERDINC

ERDINC

Actually you are wrong.

It is either Erding (as he has spelt it), or Erdinç like you have not.

Guest taps01

“If we can get him and another two in before the end of next week I’ll still be looking for another two new faces to join us before the start of the season"

Erdinc, Ba, N Taylor...+2. Nice.

One of the 2 to replace Enrique

And the other a wide man

Guest Loven11

LukeEdwards0 Luke Edwards

Mevlut Erdinc would appear to be replacement/competition for Peter Lovenkrands. Demba Ba would be the bigger physical presence #nufc