Solano at right back

Willow

Guest Armchair Pundit

Seeing as Nobby was bought as a RB and played there a fair bit for his country I don't see a problem with him staying there, he's always done a competant job when he's been there and it gives us more of an attacking option on the right.

Until we actually play some decent opposition with Nobby at right back, I wouldn't be so quick to judge him. Sure, he's definitely better than Carr and his performances over the past couple of games at RB have been surprisingly exceptional, but until he's played against the likes of Robben and Ronaldo and has had a consistent run in the team at that position, we shouldn't be too quick to overhype his impact. Our standards for defending have certainly been lowered having seen the likes of Carr and Ramage play there so don't be too quick to judge.

Until we actually play some decent opposition with Nobby at right back, I wouldn't be so quick to judge him. Sure, he's definitely better than Carr and his performances over the past couple of games at RB have been surprisingly exceptional, but until he's played against the likes of Robben and Ronaldo and has had a consistent run in the team at that position, we shouldn't be too quick to overhype his impact. Our standards for defending have certainly been lowered having seen the likes of Carr and Ramage play there so don't be too quick to judge.

yea but like you said he is better than carr, were never gona be able to afford/attract the kind ov defender who could cope well with robben or ronaldo

Guest Alan Shearer 9

thats true but I don't think we should give him any credit till he's kept Maradona and Garrincha in his back pocket for 3 seasons

i'm just very very worried that glenn will turn to carr again when he is fit - but if solano keeps performing this way, not even roeder can be that daft.

please - give nobby a run until jan. if he keeps up performances we can focus on finding a new left back and cb!

If Milner misses out on Thursday then we will see Carr back at RB and Nobby back on the wing :(

yeah - and then we'll have roeder on .cock friday saying that carr always "does the job" and that he he a joy to work with, and all sorts of bollocks - and we'll be right back where we started.

i seriously think nobby is one of the major reasons for our last two performances - finally we have a footballer in defence, and taylor looks much much more comfortable!

steve fuckin carr - hope we'll never see him play for us again!

If Milner misses out on Thursday then we will see Carr back at RB and Nobby back on the wing :(

yeah - and then we'll have roeder on .cock friday saying that carr always "does the job" and that he he a joy to work with, and all sorts of bollocks - and we'll be right back where we started.

i seriously think nobby is one of the major reasons for our last two performances - finally we have a footballer in defence, and taylor looks much much more comfortable!

Was Carr this bad when he played for the Spuds? 

Was Carr this bad when he played for the Spuds?

As far as i can remember he.s always been better at getting forward than defending and was captain of a shite Spuds side.Nobby definitely better than him but tend to agree when he gets attacked by a winger with pace may be found wanting.I'd still be looking for a r/b,l/b, c/h and a striker in January.

I was soooo impressed with the way nobby not only played but all through the vigo game you could see him actively encouraging and talking to milner, this can only be good for the lad (Milner) and the team, steve carr is useless, i went to a talkin with john anderson and even he a irishman said that carr only ever does enough, you see him do it all the time he will commit a player into getting a throwin instead of taking him on, and whenever he fucks up he always has a go at a young lad...normally Milner !!!