Solano at right back

Willow

as someone who has repeatedly slagged off solano when playing in midfield,i'm very happy at his form at the back.took on the organisers mantle aswell.problems may come away from home where he used to disappear.

for all when we signed him he was playing as a wing back at boca he was given reign to push right up,(his opinion,and he also spent a couple of seasons playing left wing back for peru)it's pushing things to say we signed him as a full back.he may have hit that age when players change their game,remember rob lee having a horrible half season or so when he tried to be box-to-box rob lee but couldn't do it,then being controlling defensive minded midfielder and was our best player for a long time.

Guest mrchoonz

I suggested that we should play Nobby at RB 3 months ago. When Guilitt bought him (another great buy from Ruud by the way, like Dyer Distin Saha Nobby) Nobby was a full back when we got him, Maradonna reckoned Nobby was the best RB in Argentina. Maybe Roeder has actually learned something, he might even realise that Ramage hasn't got an ounce of football in his body one day

bobby bought distin. Dalglish signed solano.

Did Gullit not sign Distin on loan and then Robson tried to sign him for good but he wouldnt come and signed for Man City?? :confused:

if steven carr plays at right back again it will only be because nobby is needed on the wing ,carr should never be near the first team again .imho he is the worst right back we have had in 30 ish years.

peter johnson,jamie scott,ray blackhall,malcolm brown(unfortunate injury so hard to tell)........anyone think solano was tidy in the first half without too much pressure in the first half,in the secand with dyer he looked a lot more effective.

before we start banging on abvout solano too much i'd be prepared for him to be tested away from home first.his 2 games there haven't been the most testing.

Guest Ridzuan

I agree that he has been doing a good job at the RB,better than Carr of course.But I think his talents are wasted there.If he plays for us in the right of midfield,I think he can deliver us more wonderful crosses.Anyway,I thought yesterday man of the match should go to Dyer.

Distin only played for us for a few months, at the back end of the 2001-2 season. It was Sir Bobby who brought him in.

Played the whole season pretty much, made his debut against Man Utd in September IIRC.

pretty sure he's been quoted as saying that he doesn't want to play their on a regular basis and that carr should come back in when fit.

He is not the long term solution there but there is no doubt Nobby is our best option at RB until January. I go along with many on this forum that believe that Carr is the biggest disease of our defence. I am not excusing Brambles inept performances but the loss against Bolton highlight how clueless Carr is. Didn't he want out recently, should have let him go.

Well Nobby is happy in that role :D  :thup: :thup:

Nolberto Solano claims he has no qualms about being used as a right back by Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder.

The Peruvian, who is more accustomed to a role further upfield, has been deployed in defence in the absence of the injured Stephen Carr.

Solano put in a solid performance in his team's much-needed victory over Portsmouth on Sunday and claims he is happy to continue in the role if needed as The Magpies seek to climb away from the relegation zone.

"I try to do my best," Solano told Sky Sports News. "The more important thing is I help the team to win games. Everybody has to have this mentality to win games and move away from this horrible position."

Solano also hailed the arrival of coach Nigel Pearson.

The 31-year-old believes the former West Bromwich Albion assistant's preparation of the side was instrumental in the team keeping a clean sheet against Pompey.

"He's fantastic. From the beginning he was a very strong man, a strong character, who worked especially with the back four because he used to play in that position," added Solano.

Guest Sam04je

Nolberto Solano claims he has no qualms about being used as a right back by Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder.

The Peruvian, who is more accustomed to a role further upfield, has been deployed in defence in the absence of the injured Stephen Carr.

Solano put in a solid performance in his team's much-needed victory over Portsmouth on Sunday and claims he is happy to continue in the role if needed as The Magpies seek to climb away from the relegation zone.

"I try to do my best," Solano told Sky Sports News. "The more important thing is I help the team to win games. Everybody has to have this mentality to win games and move away from this horrible position."

The 31-year-old believes the former West Bromwich Albion assistant's preparation of the side was instrumental in the team keeping a clean sheet against Pompey.

"He's fantastic. From the beginning he was a very strong man, a strong character, who worked especially with the back four because he used to play in that position," added Solano.

Good old Nobby.  :thup:

Good old Nobby.  :thup:

Thought he was speaking about RB first, seemed a bit contradicting :lol:

if steven carr plays at right back again it will only be because nobby is needed on the wing ,carr should never be near the first team again .imho he is the worst right back we have had in 30 ish years.

peter johnson,jamie scott,ray blackhall,malcolm brown(unfortunate injury so hard to tell)........anyone think solano was tidy in the first half without too much pressure in the first half,in the secand with dyer he looked a lot more effective.

before we start banging on abvout solano too much i'd be prepared for him to be tested away from home first.his 2 games there haven't been the most testing.

still think carr is the worst mate always blames somebody else too.